What if Trump leaked the Comey memo? Wouldn't that be a chess move?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
What if Trump leaked the comey memo knowing that comey would have had to report any crime to the Justice Department....now comey is forced to go in front of every single investigating committee and tell them that Trump didn't do anything wrong...or admit to breaking the law......

And on top of that...

Comey already testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in the investigations......that was to at least one of the congressional investigations.....

it would be a superb move if it supports Trump's claims

if not it is like self cutting

What if Trump leaked the comey memo knowing that comey would have had to report any crime to the Justice Department....now comey is forced to go in front of every single investigating committee and tell them that Trump didn't do anything wrong...or admit to breaking the law......

And on top of that...

Comey already testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in the investigations......that was to at least one of the congressional investigations.....
Whoever leaked the Comey memo did it to show us what a yuck the President is. Unethical. Kicking everyone out and telling him "in between you and me" I hope you can let this go with Flynn, nice guy...
Comey didn't listen. Comey got fired a couple months later for "a lot of reasons." Not playing nice with the Pres was undoubtedly one of them. Pres admitted that "Russian thing" was on his mind. It amazes me that someone as dedicated to law and order as you are would be championing the President for making that comment to Comey.

What if Trump leaked the Comey memo?

Well, that would obviate the need to subpoena it.

Wouldn't that be a chess move?
One can think of it that way so long as one realizes that in chess there are good/smart/insightful and bad/stupid/ill conceived moves one can make.

I would love it if that were true.

Perhaps Trump is the one responsible for all of the leaks from the White House

upload_2017-5-17_13-54-3.jpeg

I would love it if that were true.

Perhaps Trump is the one responsible for all of the leaks from the White House

View attachment 127136
Perhaps he is.

folsom-dam-photo-bill-s.jpg

And on top of that...

Do you have a link or any idea when Comey testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in investigations. I think Comey has testified before congress only once this year, March 20. He did meet privately with several congressmen, but that was not testimony.

And on top of that...

So, you are all for it now.

And on top of that...

Comey appeared only once before congress after the dinner with Trump, March 20th. Here is the transcript. I saw nothing in it about Comey saying no one interfered with the investigation. Take a look. Maybe I missed it.

Full transcript: FBI Director James Comey testifies on Russian interference in 2016 election

Don't ever estimate Trump. People here give too little credit to the smarts and managerial skills he attained in building a ten billion dollar empire. And he has been dealing with politicians for years. Trump's brilliance is in fooling you into thinking you have the upper hand when you really don't, then closing the deal on you. The guy has made a life out of winning under adversity!

Don't ever estimate Trump. People here give too little credit to the smarts and managerial skills he attained in building a ten billion dollar empire. And he has been dealing with politicians for years. Trump's brilliance is in fooling you into thinking you have the upper hand when you really don't, then closing the deal on you. The guy has made a life out of winning under adversity!
That's what he was telling the military in the speech he just gave.

There are no grounds to impeach trump. That democrats don't like him isn't a good enough reason.

And on top of that...

Comey appeared only once before congress after the dinner with Trump, March 20th. Here is the transcript. I saw nothing in it about Comey saying no one interfered with the investigation. Take a look. Maybe I missed it.

Full transcript: FBI Director James Comey testifies on Russian interference in 2016 election

Try this....on wether anyone has tried to stop an investigation....

Read the full testimony of FBI Director James Comey in which he discusses Clinton email investigation

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

First he tries to get the Director of the FBI to give a friend a free pass in an investigation, then he fires the Director, and then he tries to intimidate him by claiming he may have tapes of their conversation. How smart is that?

This is not Trump Tower, where he can intimidate a planning board member, or threaten a building inspector. This is government and this is politics, something Trump does not understand. Trump is apparently trying to run the government in same way he runs his business and it just doesn't work.

And on top of that...

That's what I was thinking. Trump isn't scared of anything because he knows he didn't do anything. Dems have nothing, nada, just non stop whining, bitching, fake news, and hysteria.

Comey had to go primarily because he refused to also look into the source of the leaks and who and why names were unmasked and leaked into the press. All of which carry criminality and national security implications.

Comey already testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in the investigations
LIAR!
You should know by now not to mindlessly parrot your MessiahRushie's lies.
But the Right never learn.

Trump doesn't play chess. He plays candyland and chutes n ladders, loses, then throws a tantrum on twitter.

And on top of that...

Do you have a link or any idea when Comey testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in investigations. I think Comey has testified before congress only once this year, March 20. He did meet privately with several congressmen, but that was not testimony.
He is referring to Comey's May 3 2017 testimony, but he won't post the transcript because he didn't bother to check the transcript to see if his MessiahRushie was quoting accurately and IN CONTEXT, which LimpBoy NEVER does.

First he tries to get the Director of the FBI to give a friend a free pass in an investigation,

Bull.
You hear what you want to hear. Get your facts straight for once. That has already been denied by several close to the case including Comey himself, and if it did happen, then Comey committed a felony with up to a three year prison term for not reporting it months ago. A better description might be to say that Trump asked Comey if the case could be concluded as soon as possible so that he could get back to working on the issues of the nation.

then he fires the Director,

Your point? In case you don't know, the president can fire the FBI Director any time he wants for no reason at all, just like your boss. And it has been UNIVERSALLY AGREED by all in Washington on both sides of the aisle that Comey was failing to do his job! The democrats loudest of all!

and then he tries to intimidate him by claiming he may have tapes of their conversation. How smart is that?

Another pointless and irrelevant comment. "How smart" something seems to you has no legal weight on anything, especially as that was AFTER he was fired and Comey's being fired would have no bearing on the investigation. I agree that Trump often shoots off his mouth in ways not like a typical politician, but then, that is what most people like about him. He doesn't hide what he really thinks.

This is not Trump Tower, where he can intimidate a planning board member, or threaten a building inspector. This is government and this is politics, something Trump does not understand. Trump is apparently trying to run the government in same way he runs his business and it just doesn't work.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But then, rather hard to change how Washington operates if you are working within the system you are trying to change.

BOTTOM LINE: With a hundred obvious and graven criminal actions laying out in the open before the world between the Obama Administration and the Clintons, this is just another infuriating and ridiculous inequity that the GOP have stood by and allowed the democrats to make a federal issue out of pursuing a special investigation that could run on for years on a matter that has already gone on for ten months without a shred of hard evidence of any crime having been committed at all! Not liking a guy or agreeing with his policies and style is NOT grounds for impeachment nor criminal investigation. Just more of the usual bullshit from the Democrats meant to try to tie up Trump's Administration in getting anything done and sour the public's views on the GOP until 2018 in the hope they can win back seats. This is nothing but PURE POLITICS, and the nation suffers while they play business as usual, and what do people argue here? That Trump does not work within this system well enough? Are you kidding me?

THAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE that needs to change, the good 'ol business as usual where the democrats call corrupt shot after corrupt shot. Democrats are fucking up this country and as usual, they get away with it by always making the other side out as being the ones doing it because they largely control the media reporting it.

Forum List

Back