What if Trump leaked the Comey memo? Wouldn't that be a chess move?

What if Trump leaked the comey memo knowing that comey would have had to report any crime to the Justice Department....now comey is forced to go in front of every single investigating committee and tell them that Trump didn't do anything wrong...or admit to breaking the law......

And on top of that...

Comey already testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in the investigations......that was to at least one of the congressional investigations.....
Do you have a link or any idea when Comey testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in investigations. I think Comey has testified before congress only once this year, March 20. He did meet privately with several congressmen, but that was not testimony.
Breaking Everywhere!

Comey Under Oath: Trump NEVER Pressured FBI to Halt Investigations “It’s Not Happened”

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/smoking-gun-comey-testified-oathtrump-never-pressured-fbi-halt-investigations/

The DOJ operates under Trump. The head of the DOJ works at the pleasure of the POTUS - they are in contact regularly and work together often.

Comey's testimony is fundamentally a game changer........ "in my experience" - meaning "in ALL my experiences" there has never been pressure to end an investigation.

That would have to include Trump

What if Trump leaked the comey memo knowing that comey would have had to report any crime to the Justice Department....now comey is forced to go in front of every single investigating committee and tell them that Trump didn't do anything wrong...or admit to breaking the law......

And on top of that...

Comey already testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in the investigations......that was to at least one of the congressional investigations.....
Do you have a link or any idea when Comey testified under oath that no one tried to interfere in investigations. I think Comey has testified before congress only once this year, March 20. He did meet privately with several congressmen, but that was not testimony.
Breaking Everywhere!

Comey Under Oath: Trump NEVER Pressured FBI to Halt Investigations “It’s Not Happened”

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/smoking-gun-comey-testified-oathtrump-never-pressured-fbi-halt-investigations/

The DOJ operates under Trump. The head of the DOJ works at the pleasure of the POTUS - they are in contact regularly and work together often.

Comey's testimony is fundamentally a game changer........ "in my experience" - meaning "in ALL my experiences" there has never been pressure to end an investigation.

As is typical of professional liars, you and your lying sources dishonestly left out the question, which clearly does NOT include pathological liar Tramp.
HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

As is typical of professional liars, you and your lying sources dishonestly left out the question, which clearly does NOT include pathological liar Tramp.
HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

And you, lying sack of crap....left out where Comey says that any attempt to influence an FBI investigation would be a serious matter...and it hasn't happened....lying ass....

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Irrelevant! They operate under Trump.

Trump didn't commit Obstruction of Justice

If the memo exists then Comey did commit Obstruction of Justice due to the statutes he violated.

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

And you, lying sack of crap....left out where Comey says that any attempt to influence an FBI investigation would be a serious matter...and it hasn't happened....lying ass....
And here is Comey in his own words.

Spread the truth!

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Here is the transcript of the questions and answers, notice how the "they" refers to the AG and officials of the DOJ..

HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want tit. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Here is the transcript of the questions and answers, notice how the "they" refers to the AG and officials of the DOJ..

HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want tit. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.
Trump falls in that category of 'they' since the Dept of Justice falls directly under him/Executive Branch. You can't win!

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

No moron........this is the part that you don't want to acknowledge since it shows you are wrong...

Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something

And this...

But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

Breaking Everywhere!

No moron........this is the part that you don't want to acknowledge since it shows you are wrong...

And this...

But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.
Again, by the AG or officers in the DOJ.

Breaking Everywhere!

And this...

Again, by the AG or officers in the DOJ.

And who does the AG and the DOJ answer to, genius? You guys.......the comey memo is slipping through your fingers........

Keep trying...there is nothing you can do to make the comey memo relevant......it is a nothing burger with fries and a coke....
Yeah it is as much a "nothing-burger" as your MessiahRushie told you the Russia stories had become over 2 months ago!!! :rofl::lmao:

The Russians-Stole-the-Election Meme Vanishes
Mar 9, 2017

RUSH: Say, have you noticed, my friends, that the whole Russians-stole-the-election theme is gone? Have you noticed it’s not out there today? You can’t find a story on it? I’m gonna tell you why, ’cause we had a major role in this I am convinced right here on the EIB Network yesterday ’cause we nailed 'em.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Have you seen any stories about the Russians hacking the elections? It’s gone

Don't ever estimate Trump. People here give too little credit to the smarts and managerial skills he attained in building a ten billion dollar empire. And he has been dealing with politicians for years. Trump's brilliance is in fooling you into thinking you have the upper hand when you really don't, then closing the deal on you. The guy has made a life out of winning under adversity!

He has no managerial skills, other than to go bankrupt. The guy made his life by stiffing subtrades and declaring bankruptcy.

And on top of that...

He is referring to Comey's May 3 2017 testimony, but he won't post the transcript because he didn't bother to check the transcript to see if his MessiahRushie was quoting accurately and IN CONTEXT, which LimpBoy NEVER does.
Here is the whole May 3rd testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee. I watched all it. Comey did not confirm or deny under oath that there was any interference from the White House or Trump. He was asked if the white house asked for immunity for anyone. He replied as you might expect, that he could not comment on that.

Don't ever estimate Trump. People here give too little credit to the smarts and managerial skills he attained in building a ten billion dollar empire. And he has been dealing with politicians for years. Trump's brilliance is in fooling you into thinking you have the upper hand when you really don't, then closing the deal on you. The guy has made a life out of winning under adversity!
First he tries to get the Director of the FBI to give a friend a free pass in an investigation,

Bull.
You hear what you want to hear. Get your facts straight for once. That has already been denied by several close to the case including Comey himself, and if it did happen, then Comey committed a felony with up to a three year prison term for not reporting it months ago. A better description might be to say that Trump asked Comey if the case could be concluded as soon as possible so that he could get back to working on the issues of the nation.

then he fires the Director,

Your point? In case you don't know, the president can fire the FBI Director any time he wants for no reason at all, just like your boss. And it has been UNIVERSALLY AGREED by all in Washington on both sides of the aisle that Comey was failing to do his job! The democrats loudest of all!

and then he tries to intimidate him by claiming he may have tapes of their conversation. How smart is that?

Another pointless and irrelevant comment. "How smart" something seems to you has no legal weight on anything, especially as that was AFTER he was fired and Comey's being fired would have no bearing on the investigation. I agree that Trump often shoots off his mouth in ways not like a typical politician, but then, that is what most people like about him. He doesn't hide what he really thinks.

This is not Trump Tower, where he can intimidate a planning board member, or threaten a building inspector. This is government and this is politics, something Trump does not understand. Trump is apparently trying to run the government in same way he runs his business and it just doesn't work.

Maybe yes, maybe no. But then, rather hard to change how Washington operates if you are working within the system you are trying to change.

BOTTOM LINE: With a hundred obvious and graven criminal actions laying out in the open before the world between the Obama Administration and the Clintons, this is just another infuriating and ridiculous inequity that the GOP have stood by and allowed the democrats to make a federal issue out of pursuing a special investigation that could run on for years on a matter that has already gone on for ten months without a shred of hard evidence of any crime having been committed at all! Not liking a guy or agreeing with his policies and style is NOT grounds for impeachment nor criminal investigation. Just more of the usual bullshit from the Democrats meant to try to tie up Trump's Administration in getting anything done and sour the public's views on the GOP until 2018 in the hope they can win back seats. This is nothing but PURE POLITICS, and the nation suffers while they play business as usual, and what do people argue here? That Trump does not work within this system well enough? Are you kidding me?

THAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE that needs to change, the good 'ol business as usual where the democrats call corrupt shot after corrupt shot. Democrats are fucking up this country and as usual, they get away with it by always making the other side out as being the ones doing it because they largely control the media reporting it.
Since Comey has not testified and the memo has not been made public, claims of obstruction of justice against Trump or Comey are of course, a speculation. Assuming what has been reported by sources in the FBI is true, then Comey's memo was part of a paper trail Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation.

An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes have widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations. Comey seems to have done exactly what he should have done as an agent of the FBI. However, the statement that Trump made is of course pretty damming but is not enough to convict him. There would have to be more which there may or may not be in other documentation from Comey.

Expecting Trump to make major changes in the system is like expecting a lone policeman to walk into a den of thieves and convince them to give up their evil ways. What is happening to Trump now is exactly what I thought would happen. He is making mistake after mistake in dealing with the media, congress, and his opposition because he does not know how to play the game.

For someone to make major changes in a democratic republic such as ours, that person would have to have overwhelming support of both the public and the congress which of course, Trump does not have. The only other option would be a coup establishing an authoritarian regime.

Last edited:
Expecting Trump to make major changes in the system is like expecting a lone policeman to walk into a den of thieves and convince them to give up their evil ways. What is happening to Trump now is exactly what I thought would happen. He is making mistake after mistake in dealing with the media, congress, and his opposition because he does not know how to play the game.

a). Trump is not the lone policeman, he has lots and lots of people wishing to do the same things as he.

b). Trump can play the game, he just doesn't WANT to play something that he is trying to change.

c). 4 months into a possible 8 year term and you've already thrown in the towel. What did you think, the "swamp" would willingly cave in? I guess you LIKE how our country is operating!

For someone to make major changes in a republic such as ours, that person would have to have overwhelming support of both the public and the congress

If we had that kind of total support from all sides, we wouldn't need Trump---- things would never have gotten this way in the first place!

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Clever, but doesn't wash.

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Amazing what you can do by pulling quotes out of context. The question being asked was specifically about DOJ, not Trump and the context was Russian interference in the election.

Last edited:

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Clever, but doesn't wash.

And on top of that...

Breaking Everywhere!

Amazing what you can do by pulling quotes out of context. The question being asked was specifically about DOJ, not Trump and the context was Russian interference in the election.

Doesn't matter. The DOJ falls under Trump and his orders. Trump is completely innocent.

Forum List

Back