What if..........................Romney picked Ron Paul

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I understand that he's not likely to choose RP as his VP - but *if* he did, I'd say that what would have been a close race for President with Obama likely beating him if the Economy continues to improve - turns into a new President in office.

If Romney takes all of these die hard Republicans, the I's that don't want Obama and combines that with Ron Paul's cult like following? It would equal success in numbers.

Assuming he wins the nomination, I hope he picks a smart person as VP. Who that is, I don't care but I'd quite like it to be a minority - just to annoy the crap out of the left.

Assuming he wins the nomination, I hope he picks a smart person as VP. Who that is, I don't care but I'd quite like it to be a minority - just to annoy the crap out of the left.

I don't think it would only annoy the left - the whole picking a minority thing would be so transparent these days to anyone with 2 two to too cents.

I don't think it would only annoy the left - the whole picking a minority thing would be so transparent these days to anyone with 2 two to too cents.

depends on the minority, he could try to find a conservative or honest republican.

I'd quite like him to go completely off the reservation and ask Condi Rice. Smart woman and she would be a huge asset to him, and to the country.

I understand that he's not likely to choose RP as his VP - but *if* he did, I'd say that what would have been a close race for President with Obama likely beating him if the Economy continues to improve - turns into a new President in office.

If Romney takes all of these die hard Republicans, the I's that don't want Obama and combines that with Ron Paul's cult like following? It would equal success in numbers.

It would be a winner.

A clear moderate with a staunch conservative at his side?

pfft, I love that idea like a fat kid loves cake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysqh1uzqGrc]Chubby cuppy cake boy - YouTube[/ame]

Plus it would put a knife in the 3rd party crap that slays the GOPer.

as far as i'm concerned, it would be a replay of 2008

A nice easy target to poke full of holes.

the obvious pandering comes to mind, too.

i'd quite like not to feel compelled to sit out another presidential election

One good thing about being a Massachusetts voter is you can almost always leave the President election area of the ballot blank guilt free.

One good thing about being a Massachusetts voter is you can almost always leave the President election area of the ballot blank guilt free.

especially if you used to vote republican :redface::lol:

What is it about Paul you don't like, just out of curiosity?

I'm pretty sure Ron Paul would decline. He actually believes in what he says, and wont compromise that much to join Romney's administration.

especially if you used to vote republican :redface::lol:

I used to vote Republican. Then I got out of the military and took my first steps into the political arena other than just voting to say how I really felt about Iraq. The reaction I got from a lot of Republicans then, and my observations on where that party has trended since, makes me never want to associate myself with that party again.

You're still cool though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back