What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.

Under the Indiana law,

you could not use your atheism as a justification for discriminating against someone. The Indiana law only allows one to use one's religious beliefs as a justification for discrimination.

That happens to be part of what makes this law so unfair and unacceptable.

Do you by "unfair and unacceptable" mean that law doesn't treat everyone equally?

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.

Under the Indiana law,

you could not use your atheism as a justification for discriminating against someone. The Indiana law only allows one to use one's religious beliefs as a justification for discrimination.

Do you by "unfair and unacceptable" mean that law doesn't treat everyone equally?

The law gives one group of people a special privilege of discrimination. Yes.

You know, I would have some lowlife hired and masquerade as a Christian baker because the lowlife would have no problem to bake some dog shit into the homo-cake while a Christian standing on principle would not do it. Then the homo eating the cake would say Yummm!!! Now this cake is matching in flavor my lifestyle!

Under the Indiana law,

Further, in practice, it will only be religions recognized by the state that will be allowed to discriminate - which directly contradict the purpose of the First Amendment.

Well it might even be worse the other way, which is to say that if a person claims that any belief is a religious belief, who's to say it isn't?

Aren't laws like that unconstitutional?

Maybe we should take better look at progressive tax, affirmative action, minority business laws etc, since they fit the description.

This issue is being discussed from an ideological aspect.
It becomes clearer when viewed as an issue of humanity.

Is ANY discrimination tolerable / acceptable?
Prejudice and Discrimination are natural human emotions and behaviors, pre-dating any and all laws and even societies themselves.
Societies try to legislate a human emotion and it always has and always will fail.

By the sword, stone or gun, protected classes are selectively catered to.....for a while. Kings and Queens, Dictators, and pawns in political evolution and revolution etc.

Eventually nature will take her course.
Fairness is an unnatural commodity that belongs to the powerful, be it the jungle lion, wealthy man or high ranking politician.
Some perceived fairness is fettered out to the common man by the sword or gun under social norms and laws.

Frankly, however, I cannot see mankind ever evolving enough to vanquish that emotion.

At some point all societies will fall. Always have. No matter how long it takes. Nature is the ultimate cure.
When that occurs, it's like the culling that will surely take place as anti-biotic resistant pathogens develop, in that the blood will flow as nature puts things back in their natural order and protected classes (swollen from indulgence), are thinned.

The handwriting on the wall thus becomes....
These are glorious times for those with the statistically rare trait of homosexuality in America.
Right or wrong, I suggest they enjoy it while they can.
We are but one pandemic, one asteroid, one super volcano, one Carrington event or one globally destructive act of man from tearing the tissue guarding their protections.
Tempus fugit

Maybe we should take better look at progressive tax, affirmative action, minority business laws etc, since they fit the description.

I'm guessing most of those laws have already been challenged in court. The Indiana law will end up in court if it stands as is.

I don't see gay people acting like you say "in your face"
They just had a so called "Pride Parade" in Tampa. Is it not the in your face attitude?
Yeah, those fags and the Irish and their parades, eh?
Here's your gay pride parade:
dog-people.jpg

Couldn't find a picture from the US, had to use London one.

Do we really want to show all bad behaviour at parades and street parties?

Also are you saying all Gay men are like this?

I don't see gay people acting like you say "in your face"
They just had a so called "Pride Parade" in Tampa. Is it not the in your face attitude?
Yeah, those fags and the Irish and their parades, eh?
Here's your gay pride parade:
dog-people.jpg

Couldn't find a picture from the US, had to use London one.

Do we really want to show all bad behaviour at parades and street parties?

Also are you saying all Gay men are like this?

Are ya'll?

I'm guessing most of those laws have already been challenged in court. The Indiana law will end up in court if it stands as is.

I am not talking were they challenged in court. I'm mentioning laws that are giving certain group special privilege. No legislator has ever overturned the law of demand, and we know that squeaky wheel get the grease.

Under the Indiana law,

Further, in practice, it will only be religions recognized by the state that will be allowed to discriminate - which directly contradict the purpose of the First Amendment.

Well it might even be worse the other way, which is to say that if a person claims that any belief is a religious belief, who's to say it isn't?

I'd argue it should be "even worse" (from your perspective) than that. No one should need a state approved excuse to discriminate.

Under the Indiana law,

I'd argue it should be "even worse" (from your perspective) than that. No one should need a state approved excuse to discriminate.

It's just a shallow excuse to expand the power of an authoritarian government. Look how hard they have to search to find discrimination. Businesses overwhelmingly want customers, not to make political statements. In my business, we have Democratic politicians as regular customers, we have planned parenthood, we do business with a bunch of christian churches, a synagogue, a mosque, a Unitarian church. Also habitat for humanity. I don't give a shit what they do when I'm at work. Wow, they found A baker who didn't want to bake a gay cake. And for that we get ubiquitous government regulation. That is their true objective, there is clearly no data supporting anyone would have trouble buying what they want without government control over businesses.

As I keep pointing out, the Montgomery Bus system opposed forcing it's best customers to the back and government even in the deep south in the 50s had to pass laws forcing discrimination because businesses didn't' want to turn away paying customers

Does Burger King discriminate if they refuse Big Mac order?
No, little moron. BK doesn't make Big Macs now do they? They discriminate if they say no burger for you, Jew.

BK doesn't make Big Macs, therefore I should go to McD to get one and not force BK to make it for me.

Let me see if analogy works here...

Christian baker doesn't make gay cakes, so gays should go to get their cake in the shop that makes them and not force Christian baker to make it for them.

Does Burger King discriminate if they refuse Big Mac order?
No, little moron. BK doesn't make Big Macs now do they? They discriminate if they say no burger for you, Jew.

BK doesn't make Big Macs, therefore I should go to McD to get one and not force BK to make it for me.

Let me see if analogy works here...

Christian baker doesn't make gay cakes, so gays should go to get their cake in the shop that makes them and not force Christian baker to make it for them.
In your version McDonalds doesn't serve gays but BK does? Sorry, doesn't work, for society that is.

Christian baker doesn't make mud people cakes, so mud people should go to get their cake in the shop that makes them and not force Christian baker to make it for them.

Same bullshit, different decade.

Forum List

Back