What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

You don't get to decide what their job is, Nazi.
They decided that. All I'm requiring of them is that they do it.
Do you require that they make a pedophile cake, too?
And that would make a difference why exactly? Is their money any less green?
Should the Jewish bakery be forced to bake a celebratory holocaust cake for a neo- Nazi group?
They bake cakes for a living. The politics of their customers is none of their business. Their business is cakes, period.

Again, who put you in charge of deciding what their business is?

Should the Jewish bakery be forced to bake a celebratory holocaust cake for a neo- Nazi group?
They bake cakes for a living. The politics of their customers is none of their business. Their business is cakes, period.

The PC Police make and enforce the rules.

Submit or suffer the consequences.

What is so horrible about a business owner having the right to choose what work he wants to take on and what jobs he wants to take a pass on?

Outside of racial discrimination, I don't have a problem with business owners deciding which jobs to accept.
The problem this is raising is that OP has a problem with business owners deciding which jobs to accept based solely on the customers race, gender, economic class, or sexuality.

Lets take it to a different level...

Supposing Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Google decided they don't want to sell their software to bigots and stopped all there software being used in some states in America.... The Car Manufacturers followed them... So they go
'Are you from Indiana?'
'Yes'

We don't need your business...

Would you support this...
No, In my opinion no business should have the right to discriminate against a person based on their beliefs or lifestyle (so long as their beliefs and lifestyle aren't illegal)
Time to declare homosexuality illegal again? That should fix the problem.
Or you can quit worrying about what two men do behind closed doors; I know it's hard for you not to think about it.
I couldn't care less what two sexual deviants do behind closed doors.

I just don't want them manifesting their filth in public.

Nor do I wish society to legitimize or mainstream their deviancy nor their related lifestyle nor behaviors.

I love the way PMH imagines he's in charge of making the rules. He can imagine it now because things are going his way. However, his type are the first ones they march off to the Gulag.

I love the way PMH imagines he's in charge of making the rules. He can imagine it now because things are going his way. However, his type are the first ones they march off to the Gulag.
I don't know about Gulags, but it will be funny to watch him-and-his begin to piss and moan, once the trend begins to reverse, as we see happening during these early opening gambits in Indiana, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc... you can't keep the 97% down forever... and Judgment Day's a-comin' (the reversal of their judicial-activism -facilitated victories).

I don't know about Gulags, but it will be funny to watch him-and-his begin to piss and moan, once the trend begins to reverse, as we see happening during these early opening gambits in Indiana, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc... you can't keep the 97% down forever... and Judgment Day's a-comin' (the reversal of their judicial-activism -facilitated victories).

I think they're eventually going to win it. I place little faith in these spineless Republican politicians. We will go down the fascist road until this country turns into a police state. We aren't far off now.

If the customers were Christian they'd just go find another bakery and that would be the end of the story. If they were Muslim they'd blow up the bakery and that would be the end of the bakery. If they were homos they'd whine about rights violations and discrimination.
Or, the cake bakers could do their job and everyone gets on with their lives?
You don't get to decide what their job is, Nazi.
I do not understand faggot mentality. If I am not welcomed somewhere or am not served with respect during the exchange of goods and services, I just stay away from that place and those people but faggots have no respect for others not even for themselves. (Maybe because they are always stoned, one could not live that "lifestyle" with properly functioning faculties.) They sank lower than a toad's ass from the ground.

Getting back to the OP - I think the point of it is consistency and principle. Are those defending the right to discriminate based on religious views willing to be the targets of that discrimination?

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.
Then I would find a different baker, simple. Idiots don't understand that though.

If there are 20 bakers at Baker street and one refuse service, liberals wouldn't try other one but would go full throttle on one that refuse the service. That's what liberals do.

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.

Under the Indiana law,

you could not use your atheism as a justification for discriminating against someone. The Indiana law only allows one to use one's religious beliefs as a justification for discrimination.

That happens to be part of what makes this law so unfair and unacceptable.

Under the Indiana law,

you could not use your atheism as a justification for discriminating against someone. The Indiana law only allows one to use one's religious beliefs as a justification for discrimination.

That happens to be part of what makes this law so unfair and unacceptable.

Further, in practice, it will only be religions recognized by the state that will be allowed to discriminate - which directly contradict the purpose of the First Amendment.

Further, in practice, it will only be religions recognized by the state that will be allowed to discriminate - which directly contradict the purpose of the First Amendment.

That is why it could only be considered the product of division politics at the hands of politicians.
If they keep the public fighting each other ... It reduces the chances the public will unite against them.

Why these people, who scream discrimination, don't read the law? (Maybe they couldn't understand what's written if they read it?) They whining and moaning, displaying great ignorance and stupidity. It shows and reinforces that they do not think for themselves but following those who with an agenda think for them.

Should a Jew be forced to make a cake celebrating Hitler's birthday?

Should a black be forced to bake a KKK cake?

Should a Mexican be forced to bake a cake honouring Cortez?
If they bake cakes for a living, yes. They will get over it. Apparently it's only the christians who will faint dead away.

You haven't been reading the thread, chickie, the right are overwhelmingly supporting the atheist's right to not be forced to bake Christian cakes.

Liberals can't get over your bigotry even when surrounded by proof you're wrong, can you?

The idea government should compel any citizen to do business with another is just an abomination to our liberty, it's a flagrant abuse of power. You authoritarian leftists are sick. You need to become liberals, like me, and love liberty. Look how hard you people had to look to find a Christian baker who didn't want to make money from a gay. There are just very few of us business owners who don't want whatever customers walk through the door. That's why it was necessary to pass the Jim Crow ... laws. Even in the deep south in the 50s, business owners wanted to do business, not turn away customers.

This whole thing is a canard, a shallow justification for the use of force by authoritarian leftists, that's why you have to go to these contrived scenarios to justify unnecessary laws. You just love government and you love laws.

Forum List

Back