What have you done?!

I walked around Stonehenge...back in the day when you were still allowed to. Surprised how small those stones were.

I walked around it in 2010. You can't now?

I was surprised at how small it was too. But beautiful and eerie. Haunted by spirits from the past. And sheep and crows who were probably kidnapping fat American tourists and dragging them underground to feed the Druids ...............

Hey, I'm sure I saw a grey haired man disappear, right before my eyes. And I KNOW the crows were whispering to the sheep. I just know it.

I walked around Stonehenge...back in the day when you were still allowed to. Surprised how small those stones were.

I was surprised at how small it was too. But beautiful and eerie. Haunted by spirits from the past. And sheep and crows who were probably kidnapping fat American tourists and dragging them underground to feed the Druids ...............

Hey, I'm sure I saw a grey haired man disappear, right before my eyes. And I KNOW the crows were whispering to the sheep. I just know it.

Oh, right. I thought you could only look at the stones from a distance these days and not walk between/around them.
Yes, the place certainly had a good vibe about it..

I just remembered another one.

When I was 19, I was on the US Army wrestling team. I was in a combined military wrestling competition that was going to send the winner to the Olympic tryouts. I was damn good and I won. I also broke my ankle in the championship match. Winning with a broken ankle was unbelievable, but that break kept me from progressing towards Olympic tryouts. I so would have loved to compete in the Olympics. I can't say that was I able to tryout I would have made it on the team because the squid I defeated (who went in my place) never made it through the Olympic tryouts.

I've interviewed Judy Collins and Buffy Sainte-Marie (separate occasions)...
Buffy was brilliant, warm, engaging, funny, creative, witty, just a blast. Judy was like listening to paint dry. I don't think I ever used that one for anything.

I just remembered another one.

When I was 19, I was on the US Army wrestling team. I was in a combined military wrestling competition that was going to send the winner to the Olympic tryouts. I was damn good and I won. I also broke my ankle in the championship match. Winning with a broken ankle was unbelievable, but that break kept me from progressing towards Olympic tryouts. I so would have loved to compete in the Olympics. I can't say that was I able to tryout I would have made it on the team because the squid I defeated (who went in my place) never made it through the Olympic tryouts.

"Broke" your ankle? How?

In 2010 and now, it is roped off. When I was there, 1976, it was not roped off. You could walk all around where the stones are, touch them, lean against them if you wanted. When we went there, it was winter (December). We were the only two people there. I have a picture of me standing right next to one of the stones. You can't do that nowadays.

While sick in bed with a bad cold, I have been served a bowl of chicken soup by the famous mountaineer, Ray Genet, who later died on Mt. Everest.

I was in college and his girlfriend at the time was my roommate. He had come to visit her and was staying with us for a few days.

As a young woman I shot and killed a moose. Then I sat down and cried. Three families were fed from the meat, but I still feel bad about killing that moose to this day.

Last edited:
"Broke" your ankle? How?
He probably employed the infamous 'step over toe hold'. Effective but risky.

In 2010 and now, it is roped off. When I was there, 1976, it was not roped off. You could walk all around where the stones are, touch them, lean against them if you wanted. When we went there, it was winter (December). We were the only two people there. I have a picture of me standing right next to one of the stones. You can't do that nowadays.

Wow. I didn't realize he meant that. No, I didn't get to walk up to it either.

I love the way Brits do these things. The barrier is one cord around it. The sheep come and go under it and around the tourists. And, driving to it - no big billboard signs announcing a Stuckeys and a McDonald's.

Loved coming to the top of the hill and seeing it silhouetted at the top of the next hill. Takes your breath away.

As a young woman I shot and killed a moose. Then I sat down and cried. Three families were fed from the meat, but I still feel bad about killing that moose to this day.

I've killed a couple of animals too and always regretted it.

Yeah, I know how you feel.

I killed some animals and birds in my youth, and it is the only thing I regret in my life.

A few years ago for a Christmas Present my wife and daughters got me a Gotham Dream Car Certificate. I drove the following cars in one afternoon on the streets of south Florida:
1. Aston Martin DB9 Volant convertible
2. Lamborghini Gallardo 520 PS
3. Maserati GranTurismo
4. Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster -LP640
5. Ferrari F430
6. 360 Spider-Ferrari'
I still thank them today.....
In fact my avatar is from that afternoon, yes that is me in the Lamborghini Murciélago
Dream Cars - a set on Flickr

Last edited:

Forum List

Back