What have you done?!

I was in Canoga Park for the '94 Northridge quake... The epicenter was actually in Reseda... Closer to Canoga Park than Northridge... Anyway... I'm sure someone else around here was there as well...

I did a few movies during downtime in New Orleans (many do) -- for one Alec Baldwin was in a bar fight scene where he gets hit over the head with a chair, which is supposed to break away but the chair didn't break and he got whacked pretty hard, ended up cut and bleeding real blood. He was totally professional with it though.
So that explains Alec Baldwin.

:D

It might -- it was the '90s. He was a lot smaller then too.

Didn't you mean smarter?

Didn't you mean smarter?

Wouldn't know that, but he was about half the weight he is now...

I saw the UFO in the early '70s ('73?) that a lot of people reported ... it cruised along with my car for a good half hour.

My brother talked about a UFO in the early 70s. He still says it's the only one he's seen (a rarity among those who claim they've seen one) but insists to this day he actually saw one.

I was in Canoga Park for the '94 Northridge quake... The epicenter was actually in Reseda... Closer to Canoga Park than Northridge... Anyway... I'm sure someone else around here was there as well...

I wasn't there, but we sure as hell felt it. HARD.

I've had dinner with Penn Jillette, flown on Air Force One, was in the audience at Johnny Carson's last Tonight Show episode, and had a shootout with African bandits.

Yep, I was about 500 meters from ground zero. I woke up in mid air.

I've had dinner with Penn Jillette, flown on Air Force One, was in the audience at Johnny Carson's last Tonight Show episode, and had a shootout with African bandits.

I had a front row seat at a Whitney Houston concert in Nashville, and a third row seat in a Dan Fogelberg concert. I didn't miss a Fogelberg concert for 20 years. Had 3rd row at a Jim Brickman concert at the Ryman.

Didn't you mean smarter?

Wouldn't know that, but he was about half the weight he is now...

I saw the UFO in the early '70s ('73?) that a lot of people reported ... it cruised along with my car for a good half hour.

I saw a UFO once, then realized it was a combination of blotter and baked beans.

Or a hooker.

I'm curious...what exactly did you teach the sheik's daughters?

What an asshole she is. Being a traveler, being a free spirit, does not in anyone's, not anyone's other than psychobitch's, mentality equate with being a hooker. I would think it was obvious that I tutored them in speaking English. But I am not a professional teacher of ESL, so we mostly chatted, and while doing that, I helped them improve their English. That is how a true traveler learns about other people and other cultures: spending time with people, talking to them. And I learned a lot about these lovely women and their place in their culture; which is nothing like the iqnorant Islam haters here think it is. It is close to what the role of women was in Victorian times, and it is different from country to country, culture to culture.

BTW. The sheika was not a sheik's daughter; she was his wife. And the princess was not a sheik's daughter. She was the king's grand-daughter. Her father is a prince, not a sheik.

How awful it must be to be so evil minded and black hearted as kg is. I can't imagine having such a vile and ugly perspective on life.

Last edited:
I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic in New York. I can't recall all the shows I've seen in Nashville. So many big names there, such good entertainment. I've seen the inside of the Met, but never seen a show there. I climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty and looked out the windows of her VERY wobbly crown. I took pictures all the way around the observation deck of the WTC.

I got a private tour of the West Wing of the White House. Saw Bill Clinton in person, but didn't actually meet him.

Last edited:
I flashed John Holmes in prison.

I stole a dog from the animal shelter groomed it and brought it back.

I flashed John Holmes in prison.

I stole a dog from the animal shelter groomed it and brought it back.

flasher-judging--large-msg-113933609966-2.jpg

Went to school with Peter Coors through the 6th grade. His best friend was a kid named Neil. Our class used to do these weird parties at the brewery where they would hand out little inch tall ceramic mugs and little wads of hops leaves. A TV star named Sky King lived on table mountain which borders that same town (Golden, Colorado). He was more than a little strange and used to invite entire classes of elementary kids to his mansion for swimming parties. I saw my best friend drown there.

I married the heir to a strange little airline called Grace Pan American but, rather than go broke after two mail planes went into the ocean, the family sold it. The patriarch of that family was one of the original astronauts and an early experimental airplane pilot who died when he was decapitated landing with an open cockpit on a carrier.

I once fell asleep during a Mother of Invention concert and the group I sang with was the opening act for a then-unknown singer named Judy Collins at a coffee house called The Exodus in Denver. I also sang with that group at another coffee house called the Green Spider in Denver. One of the guys with whom I sang just recently died of an accidental gun shot wound in Texas. He was well known as a poet laureate but I remember him for his friendship.

Since only the last one is something that I did, I'll add this -

I got thrown out of a Greek restaurant in Georgetown DC. My date and I drank too much Ouzo and got a little obnoxious about the floor show. But, in my defense .... They were dancing and one squatted down and (honest to gawd) took the corner of our table in his mouth and lifted it off the floor while dancing. The table we had been leaning on and where our food and drinks were, just sort of floated up and away. We were giggling and whispering and just as the music ended but before the applause, I whispered something like, 'only in America can a young boy ... '. There was no one in the restaurant who did not hear me.

Forum List

Back