What have the poor done to deserve our support?

So rabbi made a stupid thread about the poor, and when it didn't go the way he wanted he moved the goal posts to people who abuse the system only.

Go fuck yourself Rabbi.

You are one dumb motherfucker. I'll bet you didnt even read the OP. Nor are you in any way capable of responding in an intelligent manner.

Clearly we need the poor to have money in their pockets so they can buy our goods and services.

And the rich use them to build their empires.

When did a poor person ever create a job? Last time he had money in his pockets. Before Bush took office. That's when.

Bobo?......is that you?.....the long lost guy?....:eusa_eh:

Its me. I'm back. Just in time for 2012 elections!

oh the Righties here that dont know you are going to love you.....:lol:.....welcome back Bo.....its been awhile....

Bobo?......is that you?.....the long lost guy?....:eusa_eh:

oh the Righties here that dont know you are going to love you.....:lol:.....welcome back Bo.....its been awhile....

I use them to sharpen my skills. The other day I was overwhelmed at poker nite. 5 on one. And the only guy who said he was a dem in the room argued with me when I described Bain Capital. I told him with Dems like him I don't need enemies and lost him too. I blew my top and lost. I gotta hone it in. Lotta undecideds hearing a lot of misinformation.

Did you see that survey that showed Fox viewers are the most uninformed?

Things like did Saddam have wmd's and was he involved in 9-11. Did your taxes go up or down under Obama? Who's watch TARP happened on. Climate change, etc. You know. Things Fox wanted them to be misled about.

Obamacare may not be the best solution, but rememeber the GOP faught any solution.

The economy isn't improving as fast as we want, but remember we were bleeding 7 million jobs when the GOP said things were great. Now that they want power back, they are sabotaging the recovery and we're supposed to reward them?

1948 all over again. Obama wins in a landslide. The 99%ers are not going to stay home and they won't vote for Romney.

Maybe some will vote for Ron Paul but that's ok for us if he runs.

I use them to sharpen my skills. The other day I was overwhelmed at poker nite. 5 on one. And the only guy who said he was a dem in the room argued with me when I described Bain Capital. I told him with Dems like him I don't need enemies and lost him too. I blew my top and lost. I gotta hone it in. Lotta undecideds hearing a lot of misinformation.

Things like did Saddam have wmd's and was he involved in 9-11. Did your taxes go up or down under Obama? Who's watch TARP happened on. Climate change, etc. You know. Things Fox wanted them to be misled about.

Obamacare may not be the best solution, but rememeber the GOP faught any solution.

The economy isn't improving as fast as we want, but remember we were bleeding 7 million jobs when the GOP said things were great. Now that they want power back, they are sabotaging the recovery and we're supposed to reward them?

1948 all over again. Obama wins in a landslide. The 99%ers are not going to stay home and they won't vote for Romney.

So, out of 305,000,000 people, only 3,050,000 will vote for Romney and 301,950,000 will vote Obama?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What percent of the wealthy are fighting for their country?

You always think in terms of division, on every issue, if it's not race it's wealth or something else. you have a sickness.

I didn't start this thread....I only responded

I wasn't really referring to the op topic, but the one you made about the military. There are all types of people fight for the country....no need discredit anyone's service based on economic position. Having said that, I looked at the post and probably overreacted. sorry.

So, out of 305,000,000 people, only 3,050,000 will vote for Romney and 301,950,000 will vote Obama?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So you guys have decided you are running Romney? Last I checked you were running Trump, Cain, Bachmann, Newt, Christy, Jeb or anyone but Romney.

If he's having trouble with these ass clowns, how's he gonna beat the Big O? The guy who ended the wars and got Bin Ladin. Imagine how GW would have played it up if he got Bin Ladin. He would have put on his jet pilot outfit and milked it for all its worth.

Bush didn't even need to get Bin Ladin. You gave him credit anyways. Now laugh that off.

We're going to win the White House and House of Reps back. And you are laughing?

You always think in terms of division, on every issue, if it's not race it's wealth or something else. you have a sickness.

I didn't start this thread....I only responded

I wasn't really referring to the op topic, but the one you made about the military. There are all types of people fight for the country....no need discredit anyone's service based on economic position. Having said that, I looked at the post and probably overreacted. sorry.

My republican friend at work gets overprotective whenever I bring up the troops too. You can't do that when talking politics. Sometimes the truth hurts.

For example, to say that the troops are brainwashed is not that far from the truth. You know they aren't told all the facts and they go fight regardless of right or wrong. For example, they were told a lie about why we were invading Iraq. I don't blame them. I blame Bush. I blame the corporations that paid the politicians to send us to war for profit.

The whole Industrial Military Complex is corrupt. Soldiers are just pawns.

Do I respect our soldiers? Hell yea! Too much to send them into harms way for money.

BFS, Dickhead. I served 23 yrs in the USN and I came from an upper middle class family. While there is a percentage of the poor, most of the people I've met in the Military came from the Middle Class. negged for being stupid.

In times of piece, when the number of soldiers enlisted is lower, the army will only take the best and the brightest. During war, they go right after the poor. They were so deperate during the Iraq/Afganistan war that they took ex cons and sometimes even convicts in exchange for early release.

Since I was in during the war, please provide proof.

SillyBozo is full of just as much shit now as he was when he cowered out of here embarrassed a year and a half ago

Don't talk to me. Talk to your "Jesus".

The only problem with your point is that you have not yet learned to distinguish between Charity and Forced Compliance. Learn to give voluntarily, from your Heart RD.

Now give me your wallet, with everything in it. :D Give me a big smile and a hug too. :D

There is no material difference to the poor person whether his handout came from a voluntary contribution or as you call it 'forced'. It has the same effect on him, and thus if you believe conservative propaganda, it makes him lazy and dependent.

BTW, since government social programs are democratically created, it is only a fraction of the people who pay for them who have any cause to call them 'forced'.

There is QUITE a difference in how it is obtained, WHICH IS THE FUCKING POINT... you advocate control, others advocate freedom.... Nobody is OWED the means for caring for themselves.. unless, that is, they are wards of the state

He said love your neighbor and take care of the sick and poor. That's what our government is doing.

We are all in this together.

Idiot...

Again... Jesus never called for the forced confiscation from others

Actually Jesus' admonishment was to pay your taxes.

But by your own measure, it's forced confiscation that causes me to pay for the portion of defense spending that I don't support.

Jesus's call to give was not tied to the confiscation by government... but nice try...

It is forced confiscation in taxes to pay for national defense.. which is for every person/citizen EQUALLY... not for the confiscation of some for the sole benefit of others...

He said love your neighbor and take care of the sick and poor. That's what our government is doing.

We are all in this together.

Idiot...

Our government is not 'taking care of the sick and poor', they are throwing money at the problem... money that is being taken for forced charity

This is not some hippie commune where 'everyone is in this together'.. this is a nation based on freedoms and the protection of those freedoms.. among which is the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

While I whole heartedly call for people to support charities for causes that speak to them personally... in NO way should any charity or support be forced thru government and taxation... such things are exactly why we have the multi-tendrilled leviathan, hungry for power, that we have now... which is crippling our country

Charity is limited in what they can do for the poor. They always have been. In good times, they are flush with funds and do not have as many people to help. In hard times, their funding dries up and they have more people asking for help.

The Government is always there for those in need. Not just with food and shelter but with healthcare, educational support, jobs programs......things that charity does not provide

Charity is limited by donation....

You personally don't like it if someone else does not give as much as YOU think is enough for others to equalize outcome

The government's job is NOT to ensure your every personal need is taken care of... Government's job is to protect the freedoms of all citizens so that they can succeed or fail all on their own

Idiot...

Our government is not 'taking care of the sick and poor', they are throwing money at the problem... money that is being taken for forced charity

This is not some hippie commune where 'everyone is in this together'.. this is a nation based on freedoms and the protection of those freedoms.. among which is the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

While I whole heartedly call for people to support charities for causes that speak to them personally... in NO way should any charity or support be forced thru government and taxation... such things are exactly why we have the multi-tendrilled leviathan, hungry for power, that we have now... which is crippling our country

Charity is limited in what they can do for the poor. They always have been. In good times, they are flush with funds and do not have as many people to help. In hard times, their funding dries up and they have more people asking for help.

The Government is always there for those in need. Not just with food and shelter but with healthcare, educational support, jobs programs......things that charity does not provide

You personally don't like it if someone else does not give as much as YOU think is enough for others to equalize outcome

The government's job is NOT to ensure your every personal need is taken care of... Government's job is to protect the freedoms of all citizens so that they can succeed or fail all on their own

Sorry but we are not a Darwinistic society

Thank god we don't allow people like yourself to make decisions

Sorry... you're now owed provisions to take care of yourself, simply because you exist.. that is, unless you are a ward of the state where you are indeed stripped of your freedoms (prisoners, the mentally incompetent etc..._

They are the ones who clean up your shit, make your burger, and make sure Walmart has your favorite brand of Depends. You are douche bag Rabbi.

And they have been paid appropriately for their labors...

If everyone on the fucking planet were not qualified to do the same exact thing, they could then probably demand more for their labor... if you do not improve yourself, what you can bring to the table in skills, etc, it is not up to society or government to make up for it

"And they have been paid appropriately for their labors..."

I think that proably our biggest problem is that that is very rarely true.
It would probably be at least as true to say that those who work the hardest are paid the least.

We are Darwinian no matter who is in charge. If it's the Democrats, only those who hew the line on global warming, racism, poverty, etc etc will get official permission to continue.
At least with conservatives people can succeed or fail on their own.

The only problem with your point is that you have not yet learned to distinguish between Charity and Forced Compliance. Learn to give voluntarily, from your Heart RD.

Now give me your wallet, with everything in it. :D Give me a big smile and a hug too. :D

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Giving someone some old unwanted can of creamed corn rusting in the back of the pantry hardly competes with really giving someone a chance. The "let them die" crowd doesn't get it. What cold, hard hearts and tiny minds they have. Would Jesus be proud? I doubt it.

They are the ones who clean up your shit, make your burger, and make sure Walmart has your favorite brand of Depends. You are douche bag Rabbi.

And they have been paid appropriately for their labors...

If everyone on the fucking planet were not qualified to do the same exact thing, they could then probably demand more for their labor... if you do not improve yourself, what you can bring to the table in skills, etc, it is not up to society or government to make up for it

"And they have been paid appropriately for their labors..."

I think that proably our biggest problem is that that is very rarely true.
It would probably be at least as true to say that those who work the hardest are paid the least.

It is always true. People are paid what they are worth in general.
I dont know how you measure "hard". I think a CEO of a major company who is working 80 hrs a week and frequently loses his family over it works much harder than a guy on a union construction site who spends 7 hours a day watching someone else work.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Giving someone some old unwanted can of creamed corn rusting in the back of the pantry hardly competes with really giving someone a chance. The "let them die" crowd doesn't get it. What cold, hard hearts and tiny minds they have. Would Jesus be proud? I doubt it.

Except for most it is "Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man how to game the welfare system he eats for a lifetime."
The chronically poor in this country suffer from diseases of obesity more than hunger. What cruel idiot wants to keep people dependent on the government and sap their independence and self-worth?

You are such a gullible little guppie asswipe!

"It is always true. People are paid what they are worth in general."

No, people are paid what they can get and "what they are worth" is as subject to opinion as is "hard work."
-------

"I dont know how you measure "hard". I think a CEO of a major company who is working 80 hrs a week and frequently loses his family over it works much harder than a guy on a union construction site who spends 7 hours a day watching someone else work."

Maybe, but whose pay is more appropriate for the work they do? Does anyone's work deserve multimillion dollar saleries plus multimillion dollar bonus + giltedged benifits and perks? I don't think so.

Forum List

Back