What has Religion taught you.....

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
About the human experience, that you (or humanity) could not have learned otherwise? Mainly morals, but open to whatever.

To learn the difference between good and evil.
To learn how to live a good and decent life.
To choose or not to choose to believe in God.

The relationship betwee us, God, and our fellow man.

I learned my human to human relationships without Religion. I'm looking for parts of the human experience you were taught by Religion that you couldnt have discovered otherwise.

When you revert back to Religion, you're basically using the word in its definition. In otherwords, what morals did Religion teach you that you or humanity couldnt have achieved on you or its own?

I cannot think of anything, at the moment, that exists inside of Religion which attempts to relate to humanity that Humanity could not have explained all on its own (and has, in my opinion).

I learned my human to human relationships without Religion. I'm looking for parts of the human experience you were taught by Religion that you couldnt have discovered otherwise.

When you revert back to Religion, you're basically using the word in its definition. In otherwords, what morals did Religion teach you that you or humanity couldnt have achieved on you or its own?

I cannot think of anything, at the moment, that exists inside of Religion which attempts to relate to humanity that Humanity could not have explained all on its own (and has, in my opinion).

Then I would recommend studying the scriptures and seeking knowledge and wisdom from the Lord in prayer. Then you will know for yourself what He has taught you that couldn't have been taught otherwise.

To learn the difference between good and evil.
To learn how to live a good and decent life.
To choose or not to choose to believe in God.

I just thought to myself - I can't respond to something like this without being seemingly offensive.

Then I would recommend studying the scriptures and seeking knowledge and wisdom from the Lord in prayer. Then you will know for yourself what He has taught you that couldn't have been taught otherwise.

You can't recommend anything to me, because you have no idea who you're talking to or what he has or has not experienced.

The rest of my post would be offensive. I'll leave it alone.

so far, nothing specific ive heard could not be learned without

You can't recommend anything to me, because you have no idea who you're talking to or what he has or has not experienced.

So your OP was not a serious question to encourage people to share, but was to bait them so you could feel self righteous and superior? Or give you a reason to attack those who are searching for answers or who have opinions about it?

Your last couple of responses suggest that.

But I'll answer your question anyway.

My religious faith has taught me that every person has worth. Every person has value. Every person has some gift or ability to give and has potential to leave the world better than he/she found it. And that God loves us and cares about us no matter how hateful or superior or judgmental or rebellious or unbelieving we might be.

So your OP was not a serious question to encourage people to share, but was to bait them so you could feel self righteous and superior? Or give you a reason to attack those who are searching for answers or who have opinions about it?

Your last couple of responses suggest that.

But I'll answer your question anyway.

My religious faith has taught me that every person has worth. Every person has value. Every person has some gift or ability to give and has potential to leave the world better than he/she found it. And that God loves us and cares about us no matter how hateful or superior or judgmental or rebellious or unbelieving we might be.

My question was not answered, so instead of replying in a cock-sucking way, I ignored the non-answers. This wasn't a thread to play patty cake, it was to argue issues in a respectful manor. Instead of acknowledging the question, the responses show that the question wasn't fully grasped.

I'll respond to your response, though here:

You forgot my premise: "that you couldn't have learned without Religion." Your last sentence aside, your first three most certainly are taught and found outside of Religion.

About the human experience, that you (or humanity) could not have learned otherwise? Mainly morals, but open to whatever.

That all depends. Could you define what you mean by "religion" to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

That all depends. Could you define what you mean by "religion" to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Okay, I'll be more specific.

Any books claiming to be inspired by or the word of - God - or claiming intimate knowledge of God and proceeding with a list of his wishes or actions.

Forum List

Back