What has an illegal immigrant done to deprive you of something?

Xelor

I did not say or imply that is so or that I think it may be so.
Liar.

Your title asks the reader what an illegal has done to "deprive" them of something. Deprivation in this context is a form of harm. Thus the implication is there.

Basic reading comprehension.

What has an illegal deprived me of? My right to enjoy living in a lawful society. They are criminals. As long as they are running the streets freely and without any chance of punishment, they are contributing to the lawlessness of the society in which I live.

One other thing.

They deprive me of my peace of mind. Not all of them are angels. Some are criminals in their own country; murderers, thieves, and rapists. They are a danger not only to me but to anyone they come in contact with.

I've told people conservatives love flooding the market with cheap labor. It's why I hope trump really does run illegals out and stop taking in so many muslims

Do you see us losing sleep when an illegal gets deported? Maybe on NPR but not in real life.

My guess is that the real people who want illegals are the employers who hire them. Those aren't liberals

I'm thinking you have this all a bit backward in grand Liberal fashion.
I'd bet there are a number of Righties hiring illegals who would probably fight to keep them around...such as small mom and pop construction companies, ranchers and the like but the number of these companies and owners are like a nat on an elephants ass when compared to the number of Liberals and others of recent illegal descent who would take a bullet in order to keep more illegals flooding in.
Bullshit. You listen to too much NPR.

I've heard trumps been deporting a lot lately. Do you see us starting threads crying about it?

This is another wedge issue they use to divide us. Like you all I care about is my family. That means I care about the American family. Not Europe, Canada Mexico. You need to realize we're on the same team and you're arguing with me even when I agree with you. Now that's a partisan

"My guess is that the real people who want illegals are the employers who hire them. Those aren't liberals"
I've have never once tuned in to NPR...haha
You implied that Conservatives want to keep illegals here more so than Liberals and that is simply not at all the truth. Not sure how you see that as an agreement?
Thom hartmann wrote a great article in the 2000s about how your party is divided. The racists vs the corporations.

Unions always complained about illegals.

The flood of illegals coming and staying was on Reagan's watch.

Tomorrow I'll post the article for you. Trust me corporations or business is behind illegals. Cheap labor. Good for business and good for consumers, remember McCain in 2008 said jobs Americans won't do. He forgot they were doing jobs we would do for a decent wage

The amnesty bill of 1986 was pushed by a Democratic congress.
In an attempt to work with congress Reagan made a bipartisan compromise and signed the bill granting amnesty to 3.5 million illegals.
This means nothing when considering today's social and economical structure. The GOP has always agreed that a system must be developed to insure that illegals are not provided the same benefits that legal citizens are and that a mechanism must be developed to ensure that all illegals enter this country through legal methods. In light of the new presidency and the Republican Party owning all of D.C. the GOP is steadfast more now than ever about sewing up the immigration issues.
Anyone with an iQ over 12 knows that illegals are the new beloved "baby" of the DNC. Democrats know Hispanics don't know how to shut down the baby making factory...they will over populate like no other race thus leading to more government dependency, more DNC support and more votes. Simple stuff here.
If Clinton takes blame for NAFTA shouldn't Reagan take blame for amnesty?

I have to wonder whether that goal is even achievable. Look at how many presumably native speakers of English post on here are are not fluent with the language. I don't write that snidely. There are varying degrees of language proficiency, however, what people consider "fluency" (not a term evaluators use when conducting formal evaluations) is as follows:
To illustrate my point, I point you to a post earlier in this thread in which a member construed the title question to this thread as meaning: "How are you affected by illegal immigration?" (post 192)

In post 234 of this thread, you'll see that another member thinks the primary aspect of clarification requested of him has to do with figure of speech.

Indeed, a
I agree it's the path I didn't pursue. I thus cannot say that I am impacted, which is why I did state I've not deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

It's also worth noting that I don't know that I've ever encountered an illegal immigrant. That too forces me to say I haven't been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

I for a day was an illegal immigrant for part of a day while I waited to get a visa renewal for an Asian country. That was my own fault, but I didn't include myself in considering the title question.
I don't mean it is a path you didn't pursue. I mean that you can't know what the cost is of illegal immigration because we will never know what it would have been without it.

****Errantly posted in reply to ding *******
Right. You've now said the same thing twice and I'm in this post for the second time agreeing with you. In my first response to you I didn't use the word "agree" with regard to the "what's not knowable isn't knowable" aspect of your remarks, instead merely amplifying your comment and expounding a bit on the underpinnings of my OP statements.

Revised remarks for ding
I did not in my OP remark upon illegal immigration. I only answered the title question.

I'm sorry. I see now that you were talking about illegal immigration and my OP spoke only to whether I have been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.
Yes, I am talking about the bigger picture.

By all means do discuss the bigger picture, but please directly answer the title question, which as you point out, is not about the bigger picture.

Perhaps you have directly answered the title question. I haven't yet checked to see if you have. If you have not yet done so, would you please do so.
How would I know? We don't not have illegal immigrants. You are trying to compare the way things are to the path not taken. It seems that you have an idealized view that things would have been the same. We don't know that to be the case.

How would you know? I don't know how you would know. It appears from a few of the replies in this thread that some members know to tell. Perhaps they can share with you you how to discern who is and who is not an illegal immigrant.

If you don't know who, among the individuals who've deprived you of something, is an illegal immigrant, I would expect you to answer the title question by saying either "nothing" or "not that I know of," or something similar to one of those two statements.

You are trying to compare the way things are to the path not taken. It seems that you have an idealized view that things would have been the same. We don't know that to be the case.

I'm not trying to make any sort of comparison as goes the title question and direct answers to it. I'm a pretty articulate guy who would, were I trying to make a comparison, have no difficulty or uncertainty about doing so.

Any EMPLOYER is SUPPOSED to know --- who is an illegal immigrant. Many welfare programs are supposed to know --- who is an illegal immigrant. The entire ICE, SSA, IRS, DHS, BATF, DEPTs are supposed to know -- who is an illegal immigrant.. What's the big mystery????

Any EMPLOYER is SUPPOSED to know --- who is an illegal immigrant. ...

As a business owner/employer, I've never interviewed an illegal immigrant. In all honesty, however, I never asked about people's eligibility to work when I interviewed them. The HR department checks that sort of thing, and they would inform me if someone whom I recommended for hiring turned out to be an illegal immigrant.

Aside from people whom I've interviewed, how would I know who's an illegal immigrant? Even though I'm an employer, I don't just ask "people on the street" whether they are illegal immigrants. Maybe some employers do? I don't know.

....Many welfare programs are supposed to know --- who is an illegal immigrant. ...

Why would they know? Illegal immigrants aren't eligible for means tested public assistance programs. Is there a public assistance program you have in mind and to which illegal immigrants routinely make themselves known?

....The entire ICE, SSA, IRS, DHS, BATF, DEPTs are supposed to know -- who is an illegal immigrant.. What's the big mystery???

I'm sure those organizations are aware that a person has overstayed their visa or something of that nature. Do they publish the names of the individuals who've done that? Do people go looking to see who might be on such a list if there even is such?

I'd bet there are a number of Righties hiring illegals who would probably fight to keep them around...such as small mom and pop construction companies, ranchers and the like but the number of these companies and owners are like a nat on an elephants ass when compared to the number of Liberals and others of recent illegal descent who would take a bullet in order to keep more illegals flooding in.

I've heard trumps been deporting a lot lately. Do you see us starting threads crying about it?

This is another wedge issue they use to divide us. Like you all I care about is my family. That means I care about the American family. Not Europe, Canada Mexico. You need to realize we're on the same team and you're arguing with me even when I agree with you. Now that's a partisan

"My guess is that the real people who want illegals are the employers who hire them. Those aren't liberals"
You implied that Conservatives want to keep illegals here more so than Liberals and that is simply not at all the truth. Not sure how you see that as an agreement?
Thom hartmann wrote a great article in the 2000s about how your party is divided. The racists vs the corporations.

Tomorrow I'll post the article for you. Trust me corporations or business is behind illegals. Cheap labor. Good for business and good for consumers, remember McCain in 2008 said jobs Americans won't do. He forgot they were doing jobs we would do for a decent wage

In an attempt to work with congress Reagan made a bipartisan compromise and signed the bill granting amnesty to 3.5 million illegals.
This means nothing when considering today's social and economical structure. The GOP has always agreed that a system must be developed to insure that illegals are not provided the same benefits that legal citizens are and that a mechanism must be developed to ensure that all illegals enter this country through legal methods. In light of the new presidency and the Republican Party owning all of D.C. the GOP is steadfast more now than ever about sewing up the immigration issues.
Anyone with an iQ over 12 knows that illegals are the new beloved "baby" of the DNC. Democrats know Hispanics don't know how to shut down the baby making factory...they will over populate like no other race thus leading to more government dependency, more DNC support and more votes. Simple stuff here.

Well Reagan's dead, how exactly should that work according to you?

Welp. I'm out.

80458-Im-Out-Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane-6Zf5.gif

I've told people conservatives love flooding the market with cheap labor. It's why I hope trump really does run illegals out and stop taking in so many muslims

Do you see us losing sleep when an illegal gets deported? Maybe on NPR but not in real life.

My guess is that the real people who want illegals are the employers who hire them. Those aren't liberals

But even legal Hispanics don't care about illegals and Mexicans vote conservative. Very religious people. Me think you're fos. Being misled

Xelor

Liar.

Your title asks the reader what an illegal has done to "deprive" them of something. Deprivation in this context is a form of harm. Thus the implication is there.

What has an illegal deprived me of? My right to enjoy living in a lawful society. They are criminals. As long as they are running the streets freely and without any chance of punishment, they are contributing to the lawlessness of the society in which I live.

One other thing.

They deprive me of my peace of mind. Not all of them are angels. Some are criminals in their own country; murderers, thieves, and rapists. They are a danger not only to me but to anyone they come in contact with.

Okay....you go with that....

Let's not waste our time playing semantics and or tit for tat.
Where the party's stand right now today is what matters and things are crystal clear for anyone paying attention.

But even legal Hispanics don't care about illegals and Mexicans vote conservative. Very religious people. Me think you're fos. Being misled

NEGATIVE.
You keep making reference to the .02% of people. No one acknowledges the micro percentages of anything, it's just not relevant.

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
Me either. They haven't bothered me at all. I respect the lot of them.
Why would you respect anyone breaking the law?

Let's not waste our time playing semantics and or tit for tat.
Where the party's stand right now today is what matters and things are crystal clear for anyone paying attention.

Exactly.

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
Me either. They haven't bothered me at all. I respect the lot of them.
Why would you respect anyone breaking the law?

Because he's an asshat liberal.

As a business owner/employer, I've never interviewed an illegal immigrant. In all honesty, however, I never asked about people's eligibility to work when I interviewed them. The HR department checks that sort of thing, and they would inform me if someone whom I recommended for hiring turned out to be an illegal immigrant.

Aside from people whom I've interviewed, how would I know who's an illegal immigrant? Even though I'm an employer, I don't just ask "people on the street" whether they are illegal immigrants. Maybe some employers do? I don't know.

Then it's the job of HR Dept. Not yours. But the EMPLOYER is REQUIRED to know. It's that simple. And it's that's illegal. If we don't LIKE that -- the law has to change. But you kept saying that who is illegal is some kind of huge mystery. I guarantee you, the 30% to 40% hispanic inmate population in Cali --- the Bureau of PRISONS knows who is illegal.

Why would they know? Illegal immigrants aren't eligible for means tested public assistance programs. Is there a public assistance program you have in mind and to which illegal immigrants routinely make themselves known?

It's the opposite. There are restrictions on many welfare that DISALLOW illegal residents. So the administration of those benefits are motivated to CHECK STATUS... TANF and MediCaid are 2 examples. Therefore EVERY agency that checks status (like every employer is supposed to) KNOWS who is illegal/ not legal..

Why are we wrestling about this? Isn't it OBVIOUS that illegal status is checked A LOT -- as prescribed by law?

Xelor

Liar.

One other thing.

Okay....you go with that....
And before I go, just remember how I completely obliterated your feckless argument. Hence your response.

I'll "go with that" indeed. Because it was a successful argument, whereas yours wasn't.

Now, toodaloo!

I am soo pissed off at illegal alien supporters and the self righteous enablers right now, YOU deal with THEM and LIVE with THEM and get back here to us a couple of years from now, let's see were all that liberal bullshit gets you.

Someone is cross, and needs a nap....
If illegal aliens were a dream, I would tap my ruby slippers together and wake up in Kansas. But it's more like the Matrix, you want the blue pill or the red one?

But the EMPLOYER is REQUIRED to know.
Only if people apply to work there.

Sorry, Mary, but you have outed yourself. You have absolutely no idea if you were "harassed by illegals". You are simply a racist who hates Latinos. We get it.

What? I haven't even stated here, or elsewhere on USMB AFAIR, any views about immigration or illegal immigrants.

BTW, my name is Xelor, not Mary. Did you think you were replying to someone else?

Answer to Title Question --- The quality of education in my daughters' public schools in California. One of the big reasons FlaCal is now FlaCalTenn. No way a school can focus on academic excellence when they insist on teaching HS Chemistry in 3 different languages. If Cali were Smart (and they're not) they mighta coulda accommodated immigrant children by insisting on English Immersion and cultural integration -- but alas -- they're mostly good hearted, oblivious leftists.

On the BRIGHT side, what the Hispanic immigrant community did to FIX UP the dumpy parts of town was wonderful. Created venues and restaurants and better LOOKING streets and storefronts.

My Sister in Law is from Poland...she came to the U.S., legally, when she was 12...she couldn't speak a word of English....and was emersed in English in school.....had a rough year....now speaks both languages fluently...without taking English as a 2nd Language. A girl in my college Spanish class.....went to Columbia to for a while...she couldn't speak Spanish.....and took her college classes there having to learn in Spanish...since they didn't accomodate her English...again, it was rough...but she was the best spanish speaker in my college Spanish class when she came back to the states......

My parents....lived in West Germany when my dad was in the army.....had to live off post due to not having the rank for housing.....by the time they left a year later...they were almost speaking fluent German.....

A friend...in the Air Force, lived in Japan and Okinawa.....again, learned Japanese living and working with the natives....

This is the only country where those who are foreigners get to have their language spoken instead of having to learn ours......

it is fucking insane...

Forum List

Back