What happens if you "don't believe in evolution"?

Nothing, probably. Because evolution remains a fact,
No, evolution is not a a "fact", it's a theory built from facts, or piece of information.

You're clueless as to what facts actually are, or what they mean in practice, merely regurgitating a childish assertion in lieu of critical thought.

whether or not you believe in it. You will likely still go to the doctor and benefit from modern medicine, which is based completely on biology, itself resting completely on evolution. You will very likely still adopt the morality and ethics of time and place where genetic accident resulted in your birth, both (the morality and ethics) often well informed by evolutionary theory.
Those are non-sequiturs, and aren't scientific arguments, but teleological.historical arguments. Medicine is an industry is complicated, and not equitable with natural sciences such as evolution.

Just as the word "accident" is nothing but silly rhetoric - accident means something was "intended", but that what occurred wasn't the actual intent, merely an unintended by product.

As far as Common Law theory goes, it asserts that some things (e.x. murder, rape), are inherently abominable, and that a man or woman has no excuse, such as claiming "ignorance of the law" regardless of birth circumstances.

This nonbelief will generally just be an impotent, vestigial, useless anomaly hidden in your brain,like a benign tumor. You will be like the flat earther who still observes time zones.
That's rather silly, and by that notion, arguments from "religion" would likewise be substantiate, given that, for example, the Common Law theory which states are governed by (and which affects most people's lives on a daily basis more than speculations about evolutionary theory) is grounded in "religious" ideals or principles, such as the golden rule, having developed from older legal systems, including "religious" ones such as Exodus.

Or how modern science as an institution or methodology developed from the structure of older institutions such as the Catholic Church.

I can't believe in something that remains nothing more than just a theory.

However, I can and do believe it's a theory. That evolution is a theory is a fact.
You're confusing yourself.

Evolution is a fact. Speciation due to evolution is a fact. Evolution prodicing all species, ever,from a common ancestor is a fact. These are physical mechanisms governed by natural laws, just like an electrical current, or star formation. Electrical currents and star formation are facts.

The explanation of the processes involved and how they led from the first common ancestor of all species to all species which ever lived is the Theory of Evolution. And that is the highest value/regard a scientific explanation can achieve, due to being supported by mountains of evidence. Which is an understatement, in the case of the theory of evolution.
Nope... sorry, but thanks for playing.

Evolution is a theory. Always has been, always will be. That fact will never change, ever, period, end of story.
Haha, sure. As has been pointed out, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. It will remain a fact long after you are dead and gone.
Again, you're clueless as to what facts are.

Evolutionary theory is not a "fact", it is a theory built from facts or from mathematics, as presumably all theories or abstractions, scientific or otherwise are - facts are merely pieces of information which can be used to construct presumably infinite variety of theories.

Do you get raped by the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his gang of pirates? Discuss.

If not, then there's no reason to not believe in it, (assuming that elective belief is a thing).

In fact, it's probably one of the ugliest theories to be particularly invested in to begin with, with one's level of enthusiasm for evolutionary theory often being "inversely" proportional to their actual mating success, making one even wonder if it would better to "not" believe in it than to do so, as superstitious as the notion of "believing" in any body of theory or abstraction is to begin with.

I'd much rather study music theory, than evolutionary theory, to be honest, even as a scientific theory, it's entirely overrated, physics being much more fundamental than biology, and a hell of a lot cooler (in physics, you get to learn about black holes, in evolution you get to learn about cows humping each other).

And it seems to be common knowledge that musicians, whether Bach or Rock tend to do a lot more actual sexual reproduction than the average, overweight, white, male evolution fetishist on the internet does, likely having more in common with the mating and hygiene habits of a lesser ape than the average non-socially maladjusted person does, and much like an animal, likely isn't able to tell the difference between a Waifu and and actual woman, other than maybe when she pulls out the pepper spray - which a Waifu, of course can't do.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Evolution? My ass. More like devolution? Science? Nah, more like a failed HS science experiment come to life.

I don't think this strapping young fellow is particularly concerned about regurgitating ugly, banal factoids about evolution, and if anything he and his lovers are evolutionarily speaking, the better for it. Seems to work in reverse - the less you know about evolution, the more actual evolution you and the ladies end up doing. Mhmm.

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
Nothing.

Evolution doesn't care how stupid you are.
All the more reason not to believe in it then ;)

It seems to care more for beauty than intelligence, and evolution is generally speaking, a pretty ugly subject.

When you don't believe in evolution, you have what's called "faith."
Non sequitur.

The notion of "faith" has nothing to do with what one believes in or not, but rather an aspect of how one believes in whatever it is that they do.

If one is merely believing in evolution on the basis of faith or trust in scientists or scientific knowledge, rather than having researched or approximated the theories themselves, then yes that is faith.

Much as if the average, unthinking person was born in the era of alchemy, they would probably be having faith in it as a well, simply due to it being the science or knowledge of our day.

Just as when contemporary scientific theories such as evolution become archaic and outdated by newer theories, our descendants will probably look back on us and laugh as we do alchemists, wondering how anyone could have been stupid enough to believe in outdated nonsense like evolution.

I don't think that the notion of "faith" has any value here. It is based on accepting unproven assumptions; concepts that cannot be demonstrated. Moreover, people across the world have many different concepts of the origin of the species, all unproven and mostly based on centuries-old folk tales. One group/culture has "faith" in one narrative, the next group in another.

I don't think that the notion of "faith" has any value here. It is based on accepting unproven assumptions; concepts that cannot be demonstrated. Moreover, people across the world have many different concepts of the origin of the species, all unproven and mostly based on centuries-old folk tales. One group/culture has "faith" in one narrative, the next group in another.
The fact is that when humans leave the Earth that they will need to take the life with them that comprises the food web, and that if and when another suitable planet is found that this life will need to be planted.

God is now proven and it's us

Do you get raped by the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his gang of pirates? Discuss.

If not, then there's no reason to not believe in it, (assuming that elective belief is a thing).

In fact, it's probably one of the ugliest theories to be particularly invested in to begin with, with one's level of enthusiasm for evolutionary theory often being "inversely" proportional to their actual mating success, making one even wonder if it would better to "not" believe in it than to do so, as superstitious as the notion of "believing" in any body of theory or abstraction is to begin with.

I'd much rather study music theory, than evolutionary theory, to be honest, even as a scientific theory, it's entirely overrated, physics being much more fundamental than biology, and a hell of a lot cooler (in physics, you get to learn about black holes, in evolution you get to learn about cows humping each other).

And it seems to be common knowledge that musicians, whether Bach or Rock tend to do a lot more actual sexual reproduction than the average, overweight, white, male evolution fetishist on the internet does, likely having more in common with the mating and hygiene habits of a lesser ape than the average non-socially maladjusted person does, and much like an animal, likely isn't able to tell the difference between a Waifu and and actual woman, other than maybe when she pulls out the pepper spray - which a Waifu, of course can't do.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Evolution? My ass. More like devolution? Science? Nah, more like a failed HS science experiment come to life.

I don't think this strapping young fellow is particularly concerned about regurgitating ugly, banal factoids about evolution, and if anything he and his lovers are evolutionarily speaking, the better for it. Seems to work in reverse - the less you know about evolution, the more actual evolution you and the ladies end up doing. Mhmm.

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
Nothing.

It seems to care more for beauty than intelligence, and evolution is generally speaking, a pretty ugly subject.
That's nice kid, here's your sign.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
huh?? what???
..so if you don't believe in evolution, you MUST believe a fully formed human just '''appeared'''...like the Star Trek Energizer= which is ridiculous
screen-shot-2017-06-22-at-24617-pmpng.png

I can't believe in something that remains nothing more than just a theory.

However, I can and do believe it's a theory. That evolution is a theory is a fact.
so how do you think humans ''came'' to Earth/etc?

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
huh?? what???
..so if you don't believe in evolution, you MUST believe a fully formed human just '''appeared'''...like the Star Trek Energizer= which is ridiculous
That's a non-sequitur and a false dictomy if I ever heard one.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
huh?? what???
That's a non-sequitur and a false dictomy if I ever heard one.
please , then, tell us your theory on how man '''developed'''

In my later life I've thought it would have been interesting to be an Anthropologist- now I'm not so sure :)
Did I evolve? No, unless I am my knowledge- however, I did evolve from being a red eyed, died in the wool Republican, to the realization that I'm a libertarian and had been for my entire life (from retrospect and self awareness)- I just wore a label that didn't represent my evolutionary journey-
In the scheme of things, like the Big Picture, it appears as though we are devolving, or regressing, as humans- technology and material things do not the man make- so, a question, for me, is; what specifically are we referring to as evolutionary? Man, or stuff? Knowledge evolves. Truth is constant.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
Nothing.

Not to mention the idiots whose "belief in evolution" is just hijacked for childish political reasons or folk wisdom to begin with, thinking that it somehow represents cultural whims such as "change", "progress", or every person or group having an "equal" chance of "living or dying".

When in reality that's false, it never gave people an "equal chance" of living or dying at all; even sports, in practice aren't "equal" in that regards even if they are in theory, in evolution, of course, hierarchy is innate, much as it is in animal kingdoms, such as ant colonies, with queens, workers, class divisions, and division of labor.

It selected some for extinction right from the get-go, with the only evolutionarily logical reason for keeping them alive at all might be as a humorous mistake for the better members of society to learn from, or learn "what not to do", and for actual science to eventually render obsolete.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg

so......you spend time thinking about slaughtering millions of people.....

and then you spend time asking ridiculous questions that don't deserve any response at all.

I'll waste a few seconds.....

what happens if you don't believe in evolution?

nothing.

now go study music theory

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
Nothing.

Not to mention the idiots whose "belief in evolution" is just hijacked for childish political reasons or folk wisdom to begin with, thinking that it somehow represents cultural whims such as "change", "progress", or every person or group having an "equal" chance of "living or dying".

When in reality that's false, it never gave people an "equal chance" of living or dying at all; even sports, in practice aren't "equal" in that regards even if they are in theory, in evolution, of course, hierarchy is innate, much as it is in animal kingdoms, such as ant colonies, with queens, workers, class divisions, and division of labor.

It selected some for extinction right from the get-go, with the only evolutionarily logical reason for keeping them alive at all might be as a humorous mistake for the better members of society to learn from, or learn "what not to do", and for actual science to eventually render obsolete.
we are waiting patiently and excitingly for your theory

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg
Nothing.

we are waiting patiently and excitingly for your theory

I'm not.

Hehehe

maxresdefault.jpg

Pathetic.

jose+parra+29.jpg

so......you spend time thinking about slaughtering millions of people.....

and then you spend time asking ridiculous questions that don't deserve any response at all.

I'll waste a few seconds.....

what happens if you don't believe in evolution?

nothing.

now go study music theory
Right, so why are people so emotionally invested in the idea of "believing in evolution", compared to other scientific theories such as quantum physics? Especially when they aren't scientists or biologists themselves but are merely displaying faith or indoctrination into the views of those who actually are?

Most likely, it's simply because evolution is hijacked for political reasons, or conventional folk wisdom, with groups believing that it means something to them which it actually doesn't, and ironically, more or less debunks every myth which radical views such as Marxism, critical theory, "blank slate", etc were founded upon to begin with, as well as even the idyllic notion of "believing in evolution" altogether, if it ironically doesn't suit one's evolutionary interest to actually do so.

Forum List

Back