What happened when I refused Tetanus vaccine

I've refused tetanus vaccine many times. It can be as easy as "no" or as creative as "I've had one in the last ten years."

I'm far more concerned about non medical personnel taking over the practice of medicine under Obama.

meh.....i backed into a nail...nice little puncture on the leg..... called the doc and got the shot.

I refuse to take anything...won't even take an aspirin, except for once a year or so. I refuse to get flu shots because I never get the flu. In the rare instance that I get a cold I won't take anything but cough drops. But when I scraped my knee up in some dirty gravel I read stuff like this about tetanus and decided to get the shot:

Symptoms may last 3 to 4 weeks, although complete recovery can take several months. Tetanus can be mild, but in most cases the illness is severe and death may occur even after treatment has begun. Tetanus usually requires a long stay in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

Read more: Tetanus (Lockjaw) - how long, body, last, contagious, causes

Tetanus is nasty stuff and even with my usual refusal of drugs, vaccines, painkillers, etc. I decided this one was worth the risk.

meh.....i backed into a nail...nice little puncture on the leg..... called the doc and got the shot.

This thread reminds me that I am probably well overdue for a booster shot. As well as all my other shots. Haven't had a shot since high school, which was a good 13 years ago.

The evidence is now becoming clearer that one tetanus shot may last a lifetime. Just an FYI--not a recommendation.

I've refused tetanus vaccine many times. It can be as easy as "no" or as creative as "I've had one in the last ten years."

And if you ever became ill with tetanus, you should be refused medical treatment and left to languish in pain.

But the pain doesn't last for long. Death comes pretty expeditiously.

:lol::lol::lol:

Then let them die, I say! Having the shot is cheaper than the treatment to save your life, after all.

Refuse the shot, and you become ill, you deserve nothing. You made your bed, now lie in it.

Seems that my need for a tetanus shot coincides with accidents. About every ten years.
I'm good for another 7 years before my next rusty metal or gaping flesh wound.

1) Scientific evidence shows that too—frequent tetanus boosters actually may interfere with the immune reaction.

2) There has been a gradual retreat of even the most conservative authorities from giving tetanus boosters every one year to every two years to every five years to every 10 years (as now recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics), and according to some, every 20 years. All these numbers are based on guesses rather than on hard scientific evidence.

3) There has been a growing recognition that no controlled scientific study (in which half the patients were given the vaccine and the other half were given injections of sterile water) has ever been carried out to prove the safety and effectiveness of the tetanus vaccine. Evidence for the vaccine comes from epidemiologic studies which are by nature controversial and which do not satisfy the criteria for scientific proof.

Vaccine/Vaccination/Immunization Dangers -Tetanus Vaccine

My brother did something...oh I think he stepped on a nail. He was 19 or 20 at the time, and he refused to go to the er and get a tetanus.

My mom's a nurse.

She sneaked up when he was sleeping on the couch, pulled his pants down and gave him the shot.

It was classic, lol.

My brother did something...oh I think he stepped on a nail. He was 19 or 20 at the time, and he refused to go to the er and get a tetanus.

My mom's a nurse.

She sneaked up when he was sleeping on the couch, pulled his pants down and gave him the shot.

It was classic, lol.

LOL - but did he feel it?

And if you ever became ill with tetanus, you should be refused medical treatment and left to languish in pain.

Then let them die, I say! Having the shot is cheaper than the treatment to save your life, after all.

Refuse the shot, and you become ill, you deserve nothing. You made your bed, now lie in it.

Oddly enough, I feel the same way about those that refuse to buy medical insurance. If they can't afford to pay a doctor and didn't buy insurance, let them die. That's called evil and cold-hearted though when I do it.

Oddly enough, I feel the same way about those that refuse to buy medical insurance. If they can't afford to pay a doctor and didn't buy insurance, let them die. That's called evil and cold-hearted though when I do it.

Don't worry-----that plan is being slowly implemented.

This thread reminds me that I am probably well overdue for a booster shot. As well as all my other shots. Haven't had a shot since high school, which was a good 13 years ago.

i was within my time and did not need a booster for a few years..... but to be safe they gave it to me.

truthfully i do not think they last as long as they claim to give protection......They are good for 10 years.... so if you are 13 years out you should get one.

i was within my time and did not need a booster for a few years..... but to be safe they gave it to me.

truthfully i do not think they last as long as they claim to give protection......They are good for 10 years.... so if you are 13 years out you should get one.

How do you know how long they last ?

Forum List

Back