What happened to USMB?

DoD like Ringle states is the most likely culprit.
And that can get ugly.
Wonder if other Forum Factory sites were down also?

The DDoS very probably comes from some moron who has bitched about this forum on that sit*jab*r review thing, I don't know but I feel like Ringel, HWGA and you that we are under External Attack via a DDoS, this because these 502 Bad Gateway situations and slow downs are becoming very frequent for them to be a normal happening with the Server, we are experiencing huge blockings at this forum with the timings of 502 Bad Gateways. Someone is essentially doing what they can to shut this forum down by denying anyone the ability to get ONTO this forum.

All it takes is a week or two of problems to kill a site. Everyone will start scattering.
The worst I seen was about 8 years ago. A site pretty close to the size of this one lost everything inside of a week. To this day they are a tiny obscure site. They never recovered.
I came here from there.

Probably some Leftard that can’t win a debate, decided to have one of his geek buddies attack the site...

Server down for six hours

It was more than 4 hours. Been flaky for 2 days now. Had to go to email to talk with Mods and Admin.

Nothing to see here. Just a quick repelling of an attack from Facebook. Who were trying to kidnap our great Mod Staff and haul them off to shadow ban folks and feed their algorithms. :5_1_12024:

Don't really know yet. Waiting to hear ourselves.

FB kidnaps you they'd be paying USMB to take you back

There was a movie about that but I forget the name, kidnapped some brat and it went badly

It was more than 4 hours. Been flaky for 2 days now. Had to go to email to talk with Mods and Admin.

Nothing to see here. Just a quick repelling of an attack from Facebook. Who were trying to kidnap our great Mod Staff and haul them off to shadow ban folks and feed their algorithms. :5_1_12024:

Sounds like an inside job

There's no possibility this is a technical problem with the server, and not a vicious attack?

IMHO no because we are getting these situations too frequently, that either elchlorizo or one of the others gets here and then fixes the technical problem that is causing the general slow down or the 502 Bad Gateway and then we get it all happening again, to me this is something other than the server and that the frequency of it does suggest some type of DDoS happening.

If you check the number of members on-line -- it's increased DRAMATICALLY since May. I'd say by 30%.. There were more than 6 pages of members online last night before I gave up trying to be here. It just could be volume. Or the 100s of "bots" that scan and collate info from USMB. Any one of these could be a malignant form of DDOService type device.

Maybe Facebook is jealous of our growth. :113:

There's no possibility this is a technical problem with the server, and not a vicious attack?

IMHO no because we are getting these situations too frequently, that either elchlorizo or one of the others gets here and then fixes the technical problem that is causing the general slow down or the 502 Bad Gateway and then we get it all happening again, to me this is something other than the server and that the frequency of it does suggest some type of DDoS happening.

If you check the number of members on-line -- it's increased DRAMATICALLY since May. I'd say by 30%.. There were more than 6 pages of members online last night before I gave up trying to be here. It just could be volume. Or the 100s of "bots" that scan and collate info from USMB. Any one of these could be a malignant form of DDOService type device.

That is why I say that until we are told, we can never know for sure.

/----/Hillary wiped the server down with a cloth.
iu

FB kidnaps you they'd be paying USMB to take you back

There was a movie about that but I forget the name, kidnapped some brat and it went badly
Ransom of Red Chief by O.Henry

Possibly but my theory, based on the recent frequency of Bad Gateways is the forum is under attack, DDoS. Either a disgruntled emotionally immature banned member, a child in adult form "having fun" or someone(s) who thinks the site is an alt-right forum and is bent on disruption, another immature quality.

MindWars gets banned and suddenly there is a day of total crap... :uhoh3:
MimeWhores barely knows how to hit the power button on her computer let alone initiate a DDoS.......

Will you tell us? In this thread, once you know?

Possibly but my theory, based on the recent frequency of Bad Gateways is the forum is under attack, DDoS. Either a disgruntled emotionally immature banned member, a child in adult form "having fun" or someone(s) who thinks the site is an alt-right forum and is bent on disruption, another immature quality.

MindWars was banned?! It's about damn time...
But think of all that lost (unintended) humor.........

MimeWhores barely knows how to hit the power button on her computer let alone initiate a DDoS.......

Yeah but I'm sure she knows some conspiracy theory nuts that would do it for her.

0092012_Woody_Harrelson_011.jpg

Yeah but I'm sure she knows some conspiracy theory nuts that would do it for her.

Best character in the whole movie..... :thup:
:lol:

Sounds like an inside job

Must be the 268,435 post -- "The Trump Administration" thread down in Badlands. It busted through the indexing limits or something.. LOL...

MindWars was banned?! It's about damn time...
But think of all that lost (unintended) humor.........

There's always someone to take his place...

Man. That's a dead ringer picture for Oddball. Maybe you're on to something. :2up:

Best character in the whole movie..... :thup:
:lol:

The ONLY thing good about the whole movie...

Will you tell us? In this thread, once you know?

Yes, if I can.

Forum List

Back