What happened to USMB?

Server down for six hours

Six hours? I remember the record is approx 14 hours there was a thread and it was calculated that from begin of 502 Bad Gateway continuous to end of 502 Bad Gateway = 14 hours.

Not a good situation, this is fucked up now you say it was six hours.

Possibly but my theory, based on the recent frequency of Bad Gateways is the forum is under attack, DDoS. Either a disgruntled emotionally immature banned member, a child in adult form "having fun" or someone(s) who thinks the site is an alt-right forum and is bent on disruption, another immature quality.

I am of the opinion that you could be correct or that there is some merit in your theory.

Possibly but my theory, based on the recent frequency of Bad Gateways is the forum is under attack, DDoS. Either a disgruntled emotionally immature banned member, a child in adult form "having fun" or someone(s) who thinks the site is an alt-right forum and is bent on disruption, another immature quality.

MindWars gets banned and suddenly there is a day of total crap... :uhoh3:

More than 6 hours. At least for me. Was down all night last night. Pretty much all day today.

More than 6 hours. At least for me. Was down all night last night. Pretty much all day today.

Not down last night my time, but it was very slow to load pages etc there was no 502 Bad Gateway it was just all very slow.

DoD like Ringle states is the most likely culprit.
And that can get ugly.
Wonder if other Forum Factory sites were down also?

I am of the opinion that you could be correct or that there is some merit in your theory.

The gerbil in the wheel is getting old, time for a fresh one

MindWars gets banned and suddenly there is a day of total crap... :uhoh3:

MindWars was banned?! It's about damn time...

DoD like Ringle states is the most likely culprit.
And that can get ugly.
Wonder if other Forum Factory sites were down also?

The DDoS very probably comes from some moron who has bitched about this forum on that sit*jab*r review thing, I don't know but I feel like Ringel, HWGA and you that we are under External Attack via a DDoS, this because these 502 Bad Gateway situations and slow downs are becoming very frequent for them to be a normal happening with the Server, we are experiencing huge blockings at this forum with the timings of 502 Bad Gateways. Someone is essentially doing what they can to shut this forum down by denying anyone the ability to get ONTO this forum.

There's no possibility this is a technical problem with the server, and not a vicious attack?

IMHO no because we are getting these situations too frequently, that either elchlorizo or one of the others gets here and then fixes the technical problem that is causing the general slow down or the 502 Bad Gateway and then we get it all happening again, to me this is something other than the server and that the frequency of it does suggest some type of DDoS happening.

It was more than 4 hours. Been flaky for 2 days now. Had to go to email to talk with Mods and Admin.

Nothing to see here. Just a quick repelling of an attack from Facebook. Who were trying to kidnap our great Mod Staff and haul them off to shadow ban folks and feed their algorithms. :5_1_12024:

Don't really know yet. Waiting to hear ourselves.

There's no possibility this is a technical problem with the server, and not a vicious attack?

IMHO no because we are getting these situations too frequently, that either elchlorizo or one of the others gets here and then fixes the technical problem that is causing the general slow down or the 502 Bad Gateway and then we get it all happening again, to me this is something other than the server and that the frequency of it does suggest some type of DDoS happening.

I have seen it happen plenty. Both ways. I had a server that was attacked by Russia (yep) and it was not as bad as this. I have had servers go down, and it was definitely as bad. Unless we are told, we only can guess.

Forum List

Back