What Happened to the Military

I live near a United States Army base and I see soldiers about all the time. Why are they so fat and unsat? Their uniforms are wrinkled pieces of shit, they don't shine boots anymore. They have gays I their ranks out in the open. Just soft as hell. What happened? Don't think I could stand to see Navy or Air Farce.

Democrat regimes are never good to the military.

How so?
They dismantle the military.
Under Obama, men in Afghanistan received pink slips ..........no job when they come home.
Read about James Gorelick's "wall" in the Clinton administration (the information barrier between the CIA and FBI)
The Rules of Engagement in war have changed under Obama. Because of those rules, more of our soldiers have died. 73% of the Afghanistan soldier deaths have occurred since 2009. They belong to Obama and can be attributed to his rules of engagement.

If that doesn't mean our military is weaker then I don't know what does. When you put your soldiers out there as sitting ducks for the enemy, that = WEAK.

If you don't like my sources, just google and you may be able to find sources you prefer, but my statements are fact.

The military has been dismantled, they even took the tanks apart???

I live near a United States Army base and I see soldiers about all the time. Why are they so fat and unsat? Their uniforms are wrinkled pieces of shit, they don't shine boots anymore. They have gays I their ranks out in the open. Just soft as hell. What happened? Don't think I could stand to see Navy or Air Farce.

How so?
Under Obama, men in Afghanistan received pink slips ..........no job when they come home.
Read about James Gorelick's "wall" in the Clinton administration (the information barrier between the CIA and FBI)
The Rules of Engagement in war have changed under Obama. Because of those rules, more of our soldiers have died. 73% of the Afghanistan soldier deaths have occurred since 2009. They belong to Obama and can be attributed to his rules of engagement.

If that doesn't mean our military is weaker then I don't know what does. When you put your soldiers out there as sitting ducks for the enemy, that = WEAK.

If you don't like my sources, just google and you may be able to find sources you prefer, but my statements are fact.

I am sorry you don't understand what that means. Maybe you need to do some research to get up to speed.
;)

How so?

I am sorry you don't understand what that means. Maybe you need to do some research to get up to speed.
;)
I even posted what the Pentagon was planning to do, and the military is not dismantling it is reducing troop amounts like it always does when there is no need for an occupational Army...Now how many years did you serve in the military to really understand how it works?

How so?

;)
I even posted what the Pentagon was planning to do, and the military is not dismantling it is reducing troop amounts like it always does when there is no need for an occupational Army...Now how many years did you serve in the military to really understand how it works?

Call it what you wish.
Those in the military will no doubt disagree with your contortion of what is going on.
I come from a military-heavy family (7 close family members) and was a military wife for many years.

The camo's with Velcro patches and 100 pockets. If your not in combat then don't wear it. Can we have a garrison uniform that has shined boots, pressed uniform, and some pop to it. Does not have to be C's, B's, A's or super A's. They wear combat fatigues because they don't have to shine boots or press a uniform.

And maybe they're just more comfortable. Does it really matter what they wear?

Inside the US, yes. It apparently matters a LOT what cops wear.

Unless the Army is going to war inside our borders...they shouldn't wear battle BDU's inside our borders. This isn't martial law.

My son wears his 99% of the time on base. Of course they have to wear them when they're in any type of training. So you want to wear their dress uniforms for that? Lol! He does press out his camoflage, he doesn't like to wear them wrinkles up (besides, I don't think he's supposed to). He shines his boots, when he's not going to have to go out in the field to just turn around and mess them up. What you saw, if you saw it, was not normal. As for soldiers you see that are fat, that would be your opinion. What is fat to one person, isn't to another.

And why did you say it matters a lot what cops wear. Were we talking about them?

The camo's with Velcro patches and 100 pockets. If your not in combat then don't wear it. Can we have a garrison uniform that has shined boots, pressed uniform, and some pop to it. Does not have to be C's, B's, A's or super A's. They wear combat fatigues because they don't have to shine boots or press a uniform.
When I was in you had to polish boots, but now they are wearing the ones that are light brown that look like suede?? Can you polish them?

Why would you? They are COMBAT boots designed to be worn in harsh places and conditions. :salute:
When you are in garrison? We wore jungle boots, but when back in garrison they had to be shined.

Times change. I know change is hard for many people.
My first husband was in the Air Force, and I had to iron his uniforms.....OMG I hated that! Everything had to be starched, that crease had to be down the front of his pant legs. Sewing on ribbons was a real bitch! The dress uniforms today also have to be clean & straight...ribbons in a specific location. Why worry about fatigues??? Wouldn't you have loved to "relax" a little when you wore them? Or are you just crying about it to make conversation?

My first husband was in the Air Force, and I had to iron his uniforms.....OMG I hated that! Everything had to be starched, that crease had to be down the front of his pant legs. Sewing on ribbons was a real bitch! The dress uniforms today also have to be clean & straight...ribbons in a specific location. Why worry about fatigues??? Wouldn't you have loved to "relax" a little when you wore them? Or are you just crying about it to make conversation?
You sewed the ribbons on?

Yeah that struck me as odd too.

Either way their point is well made, that post where someone was saying BDUs shouldn't be worn inside our own borders is absurd. Military people do military things are domestic bases, they wear the appropriate uniform which is often BDUs.

Oops....I meant the patches :) Lol!

How so?

;)

Call it what you wish.
Those in the military will no doubt disagree with your contortion of what is going on.
I come from a military-heavy family (7 close family members) and was a military wife for many years.
Tell them thank you for their service.

I come from a family that has had an Army member in every generation back to George Washington, my first wife served, my kids have served, my cousins, uncles and and nieces have served.
After a war members are laid off, that is the nature of the business..It has happened after every war....
The military wants slim down the ranks and cut unnecessary costs, that is their job. The weapons they are developing are state of the art first class developments that make the opposition sit up and copy, wanting to be like the US military. Do you know that there is an Air Force shuttle that has been in orbit over 600 days in a row??

All the fit hunky real men got killed invading Afghanistan and Iraq.
All you're left with is the fat gay soldiers.

All the fit hunky real men got killed invading Afghanistan and Iraq.
All you're left with is the fat gay soldiers.

GFY!

When I was helping a friend of the family with his dry cleaning business there were quite a few Vets who commented on fatigues others were picking up. They were saying that back in the day, you had to have heavy starch, military creases, folded lapels, etc. There was a mixed review on if it was a 'good' change or not, some felt it was sloppy, others didn't think it mattered in the big picture.

I guess I'm on the fence, though I'm not really upset enough to make an issue either way. Looking sharp is good for appearances, but at the same time when they're running laps on base *shrug*

As for the weight thing, I'm pretty sure they have to do PT at least once a year. Even my father as a five star in the National Guard had to ready up for PTs...

Forum List

Back