What Happened To All Of The White People In Commercials?

Non-whites have money now ... hell ya I'm putting Spanish in my ad copy ... rainbow colors ... [ka'ching] ... commercials are for profit ...

The white to black racial demographics of the US are 58.9% white and 13.6% Black or African American. By those numbers, to portray an accurate representation, there would be 1.15 black people for every 5 white people seen in a television commercial.

So yes, the advertising industry does over-represent black people.

I have no issue with inter-racial couples, be with whoever you want. But it seems at least half of the TV commercials have some depiction of an inter-racial couple.
Society is trying to push inter-racial marriage.

I have no issue with inter-racial couples, be with whoever you want. But it seems at least half of the TV commercials have some depiction of an inter-racial couple.
I've been in an interracial marriage for over 46 years.

I don't need anyone to tell me who I should marry in commercials while adding to the price of everything I buy.

Just because the governent want to erase Caucasians from America and build a slave class to subjugate.

See the bias?
hispanic married couples.jpg
black married couples.jpg
white married couples.png

Society is trying to push inter-racial marriage.
I don't know that they are pushing it, but they are definitely trying to make people believe that it is the norm. They are doing the same with same sex couples. Seems every commercial has one or the other. Very unusual to see racial homogeneity in advertising anymore I am not opposed to any depiction they want to present, but I would prefer something that more accurately portrays reality.

I don't know that they are pushing it, but they are definitely trying to make people believe that it is the norm. They are doing the same with same sex couples. Seems every commercial has one or the other. Very unusual to see racial homogeneity in advertising anymore I am not opposed to any depiction they want to present, but I would prefer something that more accurately portrays reality.
There are more inter-racial relationships today.

This trend started in 2019:

It is part of the new 'woke' trend that requires over representation of black people in the movies, in advertising, etc. Hollywood now has a policy that Oscars for best picture will only go to movies in which at least one leading character is a minority.

"To meet the onscreen representation standard, at least one of the lead actors or a significant supporting actor must be from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group, whether that means Asian, Hispanic, black, Indigenous, Native American, Middle Eastern, North African, native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander."

So once again we see a kind of affirmative action in which merit is less important than skin color. I think the policy is likely counter productive though as it can create resentment of minority people by putting them in front of the line ahead of perhaps more deserving others, it keeps people race conscious instead of allowing skin color to be no more important than hair or eye color, and it suggests that people in minority groups are incapable of succeeding or earning their place without affirmative action and diminishes their accomplishments in the eyes of the general public.

Forum List

Back