What does whomever wins this election need to do

"What does whomever wins this election need to do to unite this country?"

I fear that whatever it be they may attempt to do toward that end will not be supported by the person's political opponents. Sadly, it seems the primary goal of opposing political blocs is to make sure their opponents are as unsuccessful as they can possibly make them. That's likely good for gaining political traction of some sort, but it's also very much why so many folks face the dilemmas they do.

I'm in the "Okay, you're there. Now do what you said you would and let's all see whether it works or not." I don't care whether it's the Dems or Reps who implement a solution that works, I care that an effective solution is implemented. If it doesn't work, we'll all be able to tell, and we will try something else, but this "watered down" crap that never really works is all we seem to be able to achieve, and that's useful to nobody for it's all but impossible to say what watered down or omitted aspect of someone's plan is the reason it didn't work.

to unite this country?

If Hillary wins - what should she do to bring us together?

If Trump wins - what should he do to bring us together?

The country will be split no matter what. Both candidates are toxic to the opposition and the losing side will never accept the other.

Is there anything the candidate can do to alter that dynamic?
I think if Trump wins and gets rid of the ACA and brings jobs back so that those people now on assistance can become self supporting, it will certainly bring us more together than we are now.
If hillary wins its going to be another 4 years of the tearing apart the country that obama has already been working on. there will be no hope of coming back together with her failed leadership

to unite this country?

Trump, keep his promises.

The hildabitch, get a brain transplant form Cruz.

I'm curious - what specifically could Hillary do, short of taking on antithical positions - that would foster reconciliation? Is there anything?

to unite this country?

I'm curious - what specifically could Hillary do, short of taking on antithical positions - that would foster reconciliation? Is there anything?
she can do nothing. remember half the country is irredemable

to unite this country?

I'm an optimist :)

I agree it's been brewing a long time and this election is like the perfect storm - symbolic of the deep unrest amongst us.

But I do think there are things that the winner can do to aim us towards a reconciliation. I hope so anyway.

If Hillary wins - Republicans will put her through hell with obstruction and possible impeachment attempts.

If Trump wins - We are fucked.
Don't forget to supply Trump with condoms.

to unite this country?

Admit her crimes and report to prison. Then the left would have to admit how wrong they were, that could be a start.

to unite this country?

optimist! OPTIMIST? WTF country yall boys come from, Im a gotdanged Merican

In a few weeks you might be a statistic.

Or I might be. Or we'll all just watch the gates fall beneath the rams of the saracens.

At this point I welcome a serious crash because I will have the upper hand against a less established entity and the pathetic bed wetters who undermined the walls. Not for long of course, but if I live that long it shall be dignified.

I'm already amused knowing what your "neighbors" are going to do to you coyote. I don't blame them. I suggest keeping a .38 handy to ease your suffering. If you get mad take 4 wild shots through that closet door, but save the last one for yourself.

I live in a very red state, but keep my politics close to my chest.

Forum List

Back