Zone1 What does it mean that Jews are "God's Chosen People"?

John's message wasn't tailored for the Jews.

Matthew 3:7
"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"
huh? John the mikveh man was trying to dump gentiles into a mikveh?

quite an innovation----out there TOGETHER in the sticks ???
They came to see what the fuss was all about. John had quite a following. Maybe they felt threatened. Jesus attracted a large following as well. I'd be nervous if I was a Pharisee (they did hold a fear of the people).

Odds are that few gentiles followed John, mostly Jews and other Israelites.
all israelites are jews. John had followers at the mikveh splash parties? did his cousin---the one who did not even want to wash his hands---know that he was washing a whole mixed group?

They came to see what the fuss was all about. John had quite a following. Maybe they felt threatened. Jesus attracted a large following as well. I'd be nervous if I was a Pharisee (they did hold a fear of the people).
the pharisees were afraid of what people?

He chose Jesus, didn’t he? To be a light to the world, as the saying goes.

And he was a Jew.

:eusa_think:

jesus was never a jew nor any of the original heavenly exemplars, the 1st century events from the beginning to the end is a repudiation of judaism.

jesus was never a jew nor any of the original heavenly exemplars, the 1st century events from the beginning to the end is a repudiation of judaism.
oh gee----so that's why the world has gone to hell in a handbag !!!!!!!!

Why would God choose one Group of people over another? What does it even mean to be "Chosen"? Chosen for what?
The reason is clearly stated in the Bible. God didn't choose the Jewish people to make his name known in the world because of any merit of their own but just because God loved them. Simple.

As far as the Gentile world is concerned Jesus said he did not come to bring peace but a sword.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword" Matthew 10:34

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." Revelation 19:15

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast: for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

:wine:

The sword, that Jesus sent his disciples to spread around "the nations" of the Roman empire , is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine. Apparently it still works like a charm! :777:

Jesus compared himself to the bronze serpent that Moses lifted up for the people to turn to for healing during the time of testing in the wilderness. John 3:14. Jesus repeatedly warned of a test

So you should ask yourself, What would Hezekiah do?

Last edited:
since much of that has no meaning in Judaism, why would Jesus be doing it, let alone to Jews?

to undo the hereditary idolatry claimed by abraham and false commandments of the liar moses etc - made deceivingly using heavenly personifications.

The reason is clearly stated in the Bible. God didn't choose the Jewish people to make his name known in the world because of any merit of their own but just because God loved them. Simple.

As far as the Gentile world is concerned Jesus said he did not come to bring peace but a sword.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword" Matthew 10:34

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." Revelation 19:15

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast: for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

:wine:

The sword, that Jesus sent his disciples to spread around "the nations" of the Roman empire , is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine. Apparently it still works like a charm! :777:

Jesus compared himself to the bronze serpent that Moses lifted up for the people to turn to for healing during the time of testing in the wilderness. John 3:14. Jesus repeatedly warned of a test

So you should ask yourself, What would Hezekiah do?
ok----so what would Hezekiah do? -----why do the gentiles want to drink
blood. Muslims sometimes threaten---"we will drink your (their) blood"---but only sometimes

oh gee----so that's why the world has gone to hell in a handbag !!!!!!!!

the romans (christians) with the jews, the crucifiers -

heavily outnumbered yet persistant the paradisians, true jesus flourish till this day and hopefully forever, no book required.

ok----so what would Hezekiah do? -----why do the gentiles want to drink
blood. Muslims sometimes threaten---"we will drink your (their) blood"---but only sometimes

Hezekiah, who kept God's commands and did what was right in Gods eyes, destroyed the statue that God told Moses to make. Here's the thing..... If it was right for Hezekiah to destroy the bronze statue that God told Moses to make then it was never right to turn to it for healing.

Just like it was never right to worship a first century Jewish man as if he was God in the flesh.

Bet you didn't think I knew how make a conflict roll.
Oh, I got yahweh's stamp on my very soul.
There ain't no need to be a wailing wall flower,
'Cause now we're living on jew power.

I knew all the time these sand ******* gotta go
We're the chosen ones, no matter if it's fast or slow.
Ain't gonna stop until the rapture hour,

Bet you didn’t count on a genocide
Our man   Netanyaus about the nuclear hour
We’ll get some dupe super power to decide

Talking to you, now.
Your Armageddons gonna come for you.
Keep on, keep on, keep on keeping on.

Keep on keeping on, keep on keeping on.

~S~ (w/ apologies to Mr Clapton)

the pharisees were afraid of what people?
The people of Jerusalem.

Matthew 26:​

4 And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty and kill him.
5 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.

The people of Jerusalem.

5 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.
what were the people of Jerusalem doing to them? who is "they" that were considering a sneak killing of Jesus?

The people of Jerusalem.

oh---so then you consider Matthew a LIAR---or the NT kinda idiotic. Matthew 26 does not say PHARISEES plotted against Jesus----it says that the priests did so. The priests were Pharisees?----is that what the sunday school thug taught you?

Forum List

Back