What does a Ted Cruz primary loss do to the "real conservative" movement?

Number 2 on Ted's hit list of lies is that he says he will abolish the Department of Education.

The Dept of Ed was launched in May 1980.

Ronald Reagan took office less than one year later, and he had vowed to kill that Department.

Now, if Reagan couldn't choke it to death in the cradle, Ted Cruz sure as shit isn't going to be able to abolish it.

But it's a great applause line at rube rallies, amiright?

So Ted is either LYING, or he is FUCKING STUPID. Which one is it?

YOUR false choice does not make Ted a liar or stupid, you ineffectual troll scumbag idiot.
It's not a false choice if it is true. There is no third choice where Ted would be able to abolish the Dept of Ed. This simply will not happen. So he's either lying or stupid.

Wrong again. Repeating your false choice doesn't work.

He can propose (as President if he were to win) the abolition of the fucking FEDERAL Department of "Education." And he could work with Congress to try to achieve it. It would take a lot of effort and probably much time. But that doesn't make it impossible. Fuck sake, you twerp. Obumbler crammed through the brainless ObumblerCare wit nobody bothering to read (much less understand) it.
It won't happen. If Saint Reagan Himself couldn't do it when the Dept of Ed was a nascent entity, there is no alternate Universe in which Cruz could do it.

So I guess you are as stupid as Cruz. You are the very reason Cruz tells this lie. Because he knows you guzzle that piss right down.

YOUR personal assurance that it won't happen is as worthless as your assessment of my intellect. And that is perfectly damn worthless.

That a schmuck like you happens to deem it impossible doesn't MAKE it impossible in the real world.

YOU are a dolt. And falsely calling someone else a liar is a lie, which makes you a bit of a liar. Irony does have its place.
:lol:

I notice you did not challenge the fact Cruz is lying about abolishing the IRS. Because deep down inside you know he is lying about that.

Just so with the Dept of Ed, rube.

Cruz lies, and you rubes guzzle it down.

Number 2 on Ted's hit list of lies is that he says he will abolish the Department of Education.

Ronald Reagan took office less than one year later, and he had vowed to kill that Department.

Now, if Reagan couldn't choke it to death in the cradle, Ted Cruz sure as shit isn't going to be able to abolish it.

YOUR false choice does not make Ted a liar or stupid, you ineffectual troll scumbag idiot.
It's not a false choice if it is true. There is no third choice where Ted would be able to abolish the Dept of Ed. This simply will not happen. So he's either lying or stupid.

He can propose (as President if he were to win) the abolition of the fucking FEDERAL Department of "Education." And he could work with Congress to try to achieve it. It would take a lot of effort and probably much time. But that doesn't make it impossible. Fuck sake, you twerp. Obumbler crammed through the brainless ObumblerCare wit nobody bothering to read (much less understand) it.
It won't happen. If Saint Reagan Himself couldn't do it when the Dept of Ed was a nascent entity, there is no alternate Universe in which Cruz could do it.

So I guess you are as stupid as Cruz.

Reagan was a man with a consideration of consequence.

Cruz isn't. The man doesn't give a fiddler's fuck what follows the implementation of his policy. If eliminating the IRS caused massive budget shortfalls....oh well. If eliminating the department of education caused test scores to plummet.....too bad.

You're dealing with ideologues. They care about principle and tenets. Not the effects of either.

And YOU are another one. Your assurances about Ronald Regana and your dismissals about the motives of Cruz are both without substance. While I happen to agree that Reagan's views had consequences, I see zero basis to accept YOUR insubstantial and unsubstantiated assessment of Cruz and his motives.

It's not like you back your crap up. It's not like you have the slightest ability to do so.

Ilar does not want to accept the evidence Cruz is lying so as to maintain his delusion no one has proven Cruz lies.

This is what I mean when I talk about the "willfully stupid" rubes.

Cruz is lying when he says he will abolish the IRS. He has an INCOME TAX plan, and that requires an IRS, no matter what you call it.

Cruz is lying when he says he will abolish the Dept of Education. Reagan couldn't do it when that department was less than a year old. Cruz is no Reagan. Abolishing the Dept of Ed has been a right wing staple talking point since 1979. Cruz knows he would never be able to abolish it. But the rubes drink that stale piss down.

all the horse shit Trump and Cruz yammer about is a damn lie .. that or they are dictators.

Both of those idiots forget they'll be dealing with Congress, and their bullshit wont fly unless Congress says it will.

Idiots like zero point zero seven here seem to forget that Presideunce Obumbler has DONE some shit with his phone and his pen. And that what is DONE with an alleged Executive "Order" can be undone in the same way.

As for abolishing the IRS or the FEDERAL Department of "Education," however, of COURSE Congress would have to be brought along. This is not exactly a news flash. The same is true for all the horseshit emanating from the cavernous mouths of Shrillary and Boiny.

gFucktard500 said:
Ilar does not want to accept the evidence Cruz is lying so as to maintain his delusion no one has proven Cruz lies.

This is what I mean when I talk about the "willfully stupid" rubes.

^ gFucktard5000 does not want to accept that his mere (typically baseless) assertions are nowhere nearly the same thing as "facts."

This is what I mean when I note that he IS just a fucktard.

If Cruz was not so damned disingenuous and did not lie so much, I'd like him a lot more.

But that's his weakness, and that is why Trump has been able to stomp him into the dirt. Because Cruz is no Reagan, and he sure as shit is not the level of huckster Trump is.

all the horse shit Trump and Cruz yammer about is a damn lie .. that or they are dictators.

Both of those idiots forget they'll be dealing with Congress, and their bullshit wont fly unless Congress says it will.

Idiots like xero point sero seven here seem to forget that Presideunce Obumbler has DONE some shit with his phone and his pen. And that what is DONE with an alleged Executive order can be undone in the same way.

As for abolishing the IRS or the FEDERAL Department of "Education," however, of COURSE Congress would have to be brought along. This is not exactly a news flash. The same is true for all the horseshit emanating from the cavernous mouths of Shrillary and Boiny.

Trump has already stated he won't use EO's, and Rafael will never see the day he'll get to use them ... he's a liar.

So I guess you are as stupid as Cruz. You are the very reason Cruz tells this lie. Because he knows you guzzle that piss right down.

YOUR personal assurance that it won't happen is as worthless as your assessment of my intellect. And that is perfectly damn worthless.

That a schmuck like you happens to deem it impossible doesn't MAKE it impossible in the real world.

YOU are a dolt. And falsely calling someone else a liar is a lie, which makes you a bit of a liar. Irony does have its place.

I notice you did not challenge the fact Cruz is lying about abolishing the IRS. Because deep down inside you know he is lying about that.

Just so with the Dept of Ed, rube.

Cruz lies, and you rubes guzzle it down.

No, you brainless chump. The same analysis applies. HE cannot do it unilaterally. HE never said he could.

But the very same logic applies. HE can propose and he CAN then use the powers of his Office to try to get Congress to move it along. And if Obumbler could get a sheep like Congress to pass his ObumblerCare crap sight unseen, then surely with logic and persuasion and a fair opportunity, the misbegotten IRS could get abolished. Hell, we could even REPEAL the godforsaken 16th Amendment.

I know this process mystifies imbeciles like you. But that's ok. You can come along for the ride -- like any other cognitively challenged student on the short yellow bus.

The success of Donald Trump reveals what I have been saying for a very long time. The party has been hijacked by psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards. Trump attracts the pseudo-cons who would not know a conservative principle if one bit them in the place where their balls should be.
Yes, but I wonder whether Ted is a conservative or simply a fraud himself. I lean to the latter.
I think Cruz is a genuine conservative. All the way to the marrow of his bones.

But he is dishonest and unlikable, too. He is not The Great Communicator.
Disagree.

A true conservative would never seek to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law, increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

A true conservative wouldn’t seek to deny gay Americans access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in, or to disadvantage transgender Americans through force of law.

A true conservative wouldn’t support ‘voter ID' laws, a true conservative wouldn’t support laws compelling those applying for public assistance to be subject to a drug test, and a true conservative would never advocate allowing states to ‘vote on’ Supreme Court decisions, in violation of the rule of law – all examples of the right’s advocacy of more government, more government authority, and less individual liberty.

Cruz is one of those psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards who have hijacked the GOP and misappropriated actual, ‘true’ conservative principles – the consequence of the Southern Strategy and Faustian bargain republicans struck with the psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards who make up the social right, of which Cruz is a product.

And Trump is but a symptom of the disease crippling the GOP, the sickness that allowed bigots, racists, reactionary libertarian morons, and TPM nitwits to find refuge among the ranks of republicans and conservatives.

Trump has already stated he won't use EO's
Where did you hear that?

Meet the Press - January 10, 2016

CHUCK TODD: Are you going to refuse to do executive orders as president?

DONALD TRUMP: I won't refuse it. I won't refuse them.

CHUCK TODD: You'll do them, too, right--

DONALD TRUMP: I will do a lot of right things. Well, I mean, he's led the way, to be honest with you; what he's done on immigration, when he signed those papers. Now, fortunately, the courts, all of a sudden, have done a little bit of a termination. We'll see what happens. But one of the beautiful things about executive orders (from my standpoint) is, if I get elected, many of those executive orders that he signed, the first day, they're going to be unsigned.

CHUCK TODD: Oh, I understand that. But you're willing to use them, too, yourself?

DONALD TRUMP: Oh, I'm not going to rule it out.

Idiots like xero point sero seven here seem to forget that Presideunce Obumbler has DONE some shit with his phone and his pen. And that what is DONE with an alleged Executive order can be undone in the same way.

Trump has already stated he won't use EO's, and Rafael will never see the day he'll get to use them ... he's a liar.

I wasn't discussing anything about Trump. I don't care for him and I doubt any modern President would ACTUALLY abstain from proper use of the EO. Such a claim (if actually made by Trump) would likely NOT be a promise he kept.

And if one is not elected, then not using an EO is a foregone conclusion. It's not a lie, you moron.

Idiots like zero point zero seven here seem to forget that Presideunce Obumbler has DONE some shit with his phone and his pen. And that what is DONE with an alleged Executive "Order" can be undone in the same way.

Lyin Ted

• Cruz said ISIS is “right now crucifying Christians in Iraq, literally nailing Christians to trees.” It wasn’t, and Cruz wasn’t able to offer any evidence.
  • Cruz described a “strong bipartisan majority” in the House that voted to repeal Obamacare. Two Democrats joined the Republicans.
  • He bluntly claimed that “the jurisdictions with the strictest gun control laws, almost without exception … have the highest crime rates and the highest murder rates.” This is not true.
  • In recent weeks, Cruz has been using some variation of this line: “There are 110,000 agents at the IRS. We need to put a padlock on that building and take every one of those 110,000 agents and put them on our southern border.” The IRS doesn’t have 110,000 employees, let alone agents. (There are 14,000).

Trump has already stated he won't use EO's
Where did you hear that?

Meet the Press - January 10, 2016

CHUCK TODD: Are you going to refuse to do executive orders as president?

DONALD TRUMP: I won't refuse it. I won't refuse them.

CHUCK TODD: You'll do them, too, right--

DONALD TRUMP: I will do a lot of right things. Well, I mean, he's led the way, to be honest with you; what he's done on immigration, when he signed those papers. Now, fortunately, the courts, all of a sudden, have done a little bit of a termination. We'll see what happens. But one of the beautiful things about executive orders (from my standpoint) is, if I get elected, many of those executive orders that he signed, the first day, they're going to be unsigned.

CHUCK TODD: Oh, I understand that. But you're willing to use them, too, yourself?

DONALD TRUMP: Oh, I'm not going to rule it out.

Trump: 'I wouldn't use executive orders' on gun control

The success of Donald Trump reveals what I have been saying for a very long time. The party has been hijacked by psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards. Trump attracts the pseudo-cons who would not know a conservative principle if one bit them in the place where their balls should be.
Yes, but I wonder whether Ted is a conservative or simply a fraud himself. I lean to the latter.
I think Cruz is a genuine conservative. All the way to the marrow of his bones.

But he is dishonest and unlikable, too. He is not The Great Communicator.
Disagree.

A true conservative would never seek to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law, increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

You like to make it about the woman, but it is about the right to life of the unborn child. And so a true conservative is pro-life no matter how you try to spin it.

A true conservative views abortion as murder, and your attempt to paint the prevention of murder as "increasing the size and authority of government" is rhetorical bullshit.

A true conservative wouldn’t seek to deny gay Americans access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in, or to disadvantage transgender Americans through force of law.

On gay rights, I agree we are all entitled to equal protection of the laws. We cannot remove that protection without a rational basis.

The problem for me is that we have too many laws which bestow too many government cash and prizes on marriages. That is where true conservatism comes in. I believe a great many of those cash and prizes need to go away.

But as long as the government is bestowing those cash and prizes, I believe everyone has a right to the equal protection of those laws which bestow those gifts.

A true conservative wouldn’t support ‘voter ID' laws

I detest Voter ID, as you probably know if you have been around here for a while. It is a textbook case of a government program which intrudes on the exercising of our rights while being completely ineffective at achieving its stated goal.

What happens to the conservative movement? Easy. It has a set back for at least a generation. Why? Because whether Clinton or trump wins we will have progressives packed in the court that will destroy the rule of law and overturn the constitution by judicial fiat.

And this is being done by the voice of the people if it happens. But hey we might get the most corrupt Republican president ever in office, who cares about all that liberty and justice for all crap anymore. It's all greed greed greed and white power.

What’s amusing is most on the right don’t even know what a ‘true conservative’ is anymore – and it’s certainly not Cruz.
Cruz would abolish most tax expenditures, and that is a bedrock conservative principle.

He is also pro-life, another bedrock conservative principle.

He is a big believer in states rights, another bedrock conservative principle.

He is the most genuinely conservative candidate to come along in a long time. Unfortunately, he has a horrible personality and a tendency to lie.
Everyone is pro-life, including those who defend a woman’s right to privacy from attack by the likes of Cruz.

And increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty has never been a ‘conservative principle’ – ‘bedrock’ or otherwise.

Why? Because you say so?

So I guess you are as stupid as Cruz.

Reagan was a man with a consideration of consequence.

Cruz isn't. The man doesn't give a fiddler's fuck what follows the implementation of his policy. If eliminating the IRS caused massive budget shortfalls....oh well. If eliminating the department of education caused test scores to plummet.....too bad.

You're dealing with ideologues. They care about principle and tenets. Not the effects of either.

And YOU are another one. Your assurances about Ronald Regana and your dismissals about the motives of Cruz are both without substance. While I happen to agree that Reagan's views had consequences, I see zero basis to accept YOUR insubstantial and unsubstantiated assessment of Cruz and his motives.

It's not like you back your crap up. It's not like you have the slightest ability to do so.

Reagan signed a massive tax cut. There were huge projected revenue shortfalls recognized by his administration. They allowed for 11 different tax increases to shore up the shortfalls. Reagan recognized the consequences of his policy and took action to correct it.

Compare that with Cruz. Cruz fought to shut down the government to defund Obamacare. It was a disaster. It cost the US government billions, Republicans were blamed. With the GOP's number reaching a polling history low for the lowest ratings every recorded for a major party.

Yet at the very next debt ceiling vote Cruz insisted that the limit not be lifted and that the exact same thing play out. The GOP refused. And Cruz made his steadfast refusal to comprise despite the consequences the opening chapter of his book.

The man has no regard for consequences. Not to his party, not to math, not the our nation. Its one of the reasons he is so poorly regarded within his own party.

Last edited:
If Cruz was not so damned disingenuous and did not lie so much, I'd like him a lot more.

But that's his weakness, and that is why Trump has been able to stomp him into the dirt. Because Cruz is no Reagan, and he sure as shit is not the level of huckster Trump is.

You just said he was one of the most genuine conservatives in a while, now he is disingenuous? Which one is it?

If his goal is to abolish the it's and dept of ed, how is he lying when he says that's what he is going yo do? Because everything I've seen from Ted cruz is he works to do what he promises to do.

Whether he can accomplish it doesn't change his intentions or make his goals lies.
and simply because Reagan couldn't do something doesn't mean Cruz can't because he has the advantage of a Republican congress and no cold war.

Forum List

Back