What does a Ted Cruz primary loss do to the "real conservative" movement?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
You got what you wanted. Every year we have to hear how if an actual real conservative would run he/she would gain traction an win a general election and general elections are lost because you guys hate RINOs and Bush, McCain and Romney are all RINOs. So if Cruz can't win this primary, what does it do to your narrative?
umad.png

Wait, wait, wait, I already know what you'll say; "Cruz wasn't a "real conservative""
5I5s8.png

Cruz is a lying back stabbing asshole. No narrative needed, the facts speak to it.
Always an excuse ready to go. These "real conservatives" are sure hard to find. But golly gee, if one were to run, you better believe America would unite around that candidate
duckr.png

You got what you wanted. Every year we have to hear how if an actual real conservative would run he/she would gain traction an win a general election and general elections are lost because you guys hate RINOs and Bush, McCain and Romney are all RINOs. So if Cruz can't win this primary, what does it do to your narrative?
umad.png

Wait, wait, wait, I already know what you'll say; "Cruz wasn't a "real conservative""
5I5s8.png
Cruzbots are nothing more than establishment RINO's. Trump is the real American.

Cruz is a lying back stabbing asshole. No narrative needed, the facts speak to it.
Always an excuse ready to go. These "real conservatives" are sure hard to find. But golly gee, if one were to run, you better believe America would unite around that candidate
duckr.png
Well Sloppy Latrine, you asked so I replied. Sorry it does not fit your agenda.

Cruz has proven himself to be so sleazy that even claiming to be a real conservative won't help him.

Trump is not a conservative. He is a populist. That makes him popular, even with conservatives.

umad.png

5I5s8.png
If it weren't for this bizarre Trump thing, Cruz would have cruised to the nomination. He's by far the most conservative of the candidates and he annoys pretty much everyone, two very popular traits currently. The Donald took his "anti-establishment" title away and that was that.

The loudest voices in the party need to get this stuff out of their system.

This election, like the last two, only proves that a cult of personality and marketing are more important than policies. American voters are a bunch of uneducated buffoons, plain and simple.

The success of Donald Trump reveals what I have been saying for a very long time. The party has been hijacked by psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards. Trump attracts the pseudo-cons who would not know a conservative principle if one bit them in the place where their balls should be.

umad.png

5I5s8.png

Hey, Dimly lit Lantern:

Are you stupid or just being deliberately obtuse?

This was an odd primary season. In a year when the voters in the Republican Party were pretty much fed up with the "Party" alleged leadership, there were TWO candidates who were legitimately claiming a mantle of outsider. Trump who was never a politician, and Cruz who fought hard, frequently and publicly with the feckless GOP leadership. Even YOU ought to be able to grasp how this could divide the prospective set of voters who were disaffected with the mainstream GOP crew.

And as much as I have grown to dislike Trump, I'm not about to say that he ran a terrible campaign. He may speak out of both sides of his mouth simultaneously, but the guy knows how to make the headlines. The liberal media fawned over him and gave him MASSIVE attention. It all generated votes and thus ever more headlines and more fawning from the press.

Yes. He also benefited from "open" primaries where Democrats could vote for the GOP candidate they would most like to see get defeated by Shrillary.

Yes. A lot of this worked to Cruz' disadvantage. And even among the also-rans, guys like Rubio helped divide that portion of the electorate who might have been more supportive of Cruz than Trump.

And now it might be too late. We keep getting told (and it may even be true) that Cruz will not win Indiana. If Cruz cannot stop Trump from hitting the magic number of delegates (1,237) before the first ballot, then this race really IS over.

But there's a LOT more that went into it than YOUR facile, simplistic and largely erroneous "analysis."

The success of Donald Trump reveals what I have been saying for a very long time. The party has been hijacked by psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards. Trump attracts the pseudo-cons who would not know a conservative principle if one bit them in the place where their balls should be.
Yes, but I wonder whether Ted is a conservative or simply a fraud himself. I lean to the latter.

Yes, but I wonder whether Ted is a conservative or simply a fraud himself. I lean to the latter.
I think Cruz is a genuine conservative. All the way to the marrow of his bones.

But he is dishonest and unlikable, too. He is not The Great Communicator.

Ted Cruz should be the guy behind the scenes writing the legislation a photogenic puppet would sponsor and get enacted.

Actually I'm a Libertarian. In the last 36 years I have voted I have voted D and R one time each. The Rs are lower case appratchniks and the Ds are owned by organized crime, so it is easy to consider a "Wasted" vote anything but. As to the rest of you sleazy is as sleazy does.

I think Cruz is a genuine conservative. All the way to the marrow of his bones.

But he is dishonest and unlikable, too. He is not The Great Communicator.

He certainly isn't likeable to liberal Democratic partisan hacks.

And the GOP mainstays who promised the voters lots of things but didn't even TRY to deliver on them when that ability was within their power are not fans of his, either.

And assholes often claim that he is dishonest but none of you worthless hacks can back that crap up.

conservative or not, the right always finds a way to destroy themselves.

Quite simply put, as the primaries progressed more and more became known about this "so called outsider" named Ted Cruz.

The Junior Senator worked for Bush for many a year. Heidi worked for the Bush administration for and even longer period of time. Throw in Goldman Sachs, Cruz getting 4 out of the 6 big spenders to donate, hiring Niel Bush and his wife Maria and oh so much more just = ESTABLISHMENT.

ETA: His VP is McCain's girl.

Establishment.

Forum List

Back