What does a Ted Cruz primary loss do to the "real conservative" movement?

Quite simply put, as the primaries progressed more and more became known about this "outsider" called Ted Cruz.

The Junior Senator worked for Bush for many a year. Heidi worked for the Bush administration for and even longer period of time. Throw in Goldman Sachs, Cruz getting 4 out of the 6 big spenders to donate, hiring Niel Bush and his wife Maria and oh so much more just = ESTABLISHMENT.

His wife working for W's Administration is irrelevant. In fact, I like the fact that his wife worked for W's Administration to the extent that matters.

What the FUCK does "throw in Goldman Sachs" even mean? That he got a loan from them backed by his own property? Oh nosies?

Or that his wife had the temerity to work for them? Double oh nosies.

So fucking WHAT? Goldman Sachs may have done some shady shit but that doesn't convert working for them into being the equivalent of a Nazi sympathizer.

Getting big donors to spend on your campaign is now somehow a bad thing? Are you losing your mind?

Hiring people who might have political connections in a political campaign is to be frowned upon? How's that work?

Yes. Cruz was a United States SENATOR and thus, by definition, had some connection to the Establishment. He ALSO pissed off lots of them by trying to hold their toes to the fire when it came to honoring their election/campaign promises. Why do so many of you insist on glossing over that more important component of his perfectly VALID claim to being an anti-Establishment candidate.

He isn't trying to destroy the system. He doesn't want to wreck the Establishment. He is hoping to compel it to work!

There is no contradiction there. None whatsoever.

when has Trump ever (prior to this campaign) railed AGAINST the Establishment he has funded? Did CRUZ ever financially support Jimmy Peanuts Carter or Shrillary Rotten Clinton? Trump did.

Pffffffffffffft. Cruz is inside the beltway establishment all the way. And now owned by Wall Street. And as far as pissing people off, that's just what he does. The Junior Senator is just not likeable.

As a former associate said "To know Ted Cruz is to hate Ted Cruz".

Quite simply put, as the primaries progressed more and more became known about this "outsider" called Ted Cruz.

The Junior Senator worked for Bush for many a year. Heidi worked for the Bush administration for and even longer period of time. Throw in Goldman Sachs, Cruz getting 4 out of the 6 big spenders to donate, hiring Niel Bush and his wife Maria and oh so much more just = ESTABLISHMENT.

His wife working for W's Administration is irrelevant. In fact, I like the fact that his wife worked for W's Administration to the extent that matters.

What the FUCK does "throw in Goldman Sachs" even mean? That he got a loan from them backed by his own property? Oh nosies?

Or that his wife had the temerity to work for them? Double oh nosies.

So fucking WHAT? Goldman Sachs may have done some shady shit but that doesn't convert working for them into being the equivalent of a Nazi sympathizer.

Getting big donors to spend on your campaign is now somehow a bad thing? Are you losing your mind?

Hiring people who might have political connections in a political campaign is to be frowned upon? How's that work?

Yes. Cruz was a United States SENATOR and thus, by definition, had some connection to the Establishment. He ALSO pissed off lots of them by trying to hold their toes to the fire when it came to honoring their election/campaign promises. Why do so many of you insist on glossing over that more important component of his perfectly VALID claim to being an anti-Establishment candidate.

He isn't trying to destroy the system. He doesn't want to wreck the Establishment. He is hoping to compel it to work!

There is no contradiction there. None whatsoever.

when has Trump ever (prior to this campaign) railed AGAINST the Establishment he has funded? Did CRUZ ever financially support Jimmy Peanuts Carter or Shrillary Rotten Clinton? Trump did.

Pffffffffffffft. Cruz is inside the beltway establishment all the way. And now owned by Wall Street. And as far as pissing people off, that's just what he does. The Junior Senator is just not likeable.

As a former associate said "To know Ted Cruz is to hate Ted Cruz".

Its not like he was married to a Wall Street insider or anything.

Cruz' loss validates that the conservative movement has been a myth. The only true conservative I recall gaining the nomination was Barry Goldwater. Those that came latter simply used the term as a label.

You got what you wanted. Every year we have to hear how if an actual real conservative would run he/she would gain traction an win a general election and general elections are lost because you guys hate RINOs and Bush, McCain and Romney are all RINOs. So if Cruz can't win this primary, what does it do to your narrative?
umad.png

Wait, wait, wait, I already know what you'll say; "Cruz wasn't a "real conservative""
5I5s8.png

He got Trumped.

You got what you wanted. Every year we have to hear how if an actual real conservative would run he/she would gain traction an win a general election and general elections are lost because you guys hate RINOs and Bush, McCain and Romney are all RINOs. So if Cruz can't win this primary, what does it do to your narrative?
umad.png

Wait, wait, wait, I already know what you'll say; "Cruz wasn't a "real conservative""
5I5s8.png

No....what happened is this...after years of dealing with a Republican Party that either wouldn't fight or didn't know how.......this time around the primary thing conservatives want is a fighter...someone who will not cry and whine...who will not retreat in the face of left wing media attacks and who can actually attack the clinton's and win.....,

Ted Cruz does not give off that vibe even though he is a real conservative......

umad.png

5I5s8.png

No....what happened is this...after years of dealing with a Republican Party that either wouldn't fight or didn't know how.......this time around the primary thing conservatives want is a fighter...someone who will not cry and whine...who will not retreat in the face of left wing media attacks and who can actually attack the clinton's and win.....,

Ted Cruz does not give off that vibe even though he is a real conservative......

What??? Trump whines and cries every day of his life. He's always whining about someone who dissed him on Twitter or underestimated his net worth, or made fun of his hair. The guy acts like a 12 year old girl.
You're mistaking false bravado with strength. Trump has the thinnest skin of any candidate I can remember.

umad.png

5I5s8.png

What??? Trump whines and cries every day of his life. He's always whining about someone who dissed him on Twitter or underestimated his net worth, or made fun of his hair. The guy acts like a 12 year old girl.
You're mistaking false bravado with strength. Trump has the thinnest skin of any candidate I can remember.

He fights.......he doesn't just take it.....and that is the primary reason conservatives are backing him.....believe me.....we are sick and tired of our side getting kicked in the teeth...and then they apologize for smudging the Jack Boot of the lefty doing it....

Ted Cruz's loss here in the primary effectively keeps the conservative delusion alive for another 4 years.

After Trump's humiliation in the GE, the TrueBelievers will still be able to claim Trump lost because he wasn't a TrueConservative. If it would be Cruz losing the GE, they wouldn't be able to sustain the "A TrueConservative would win!" delusion.

No one can even name a "true conservative ". Are they unicorns or somthing ? Has anyone ever seen one ??

This election, like the last two, only proves that a cult of personality and marketing are more important than policies. American voters are a bunch of uneducated buffoons, plain and simple.
^^^ yes they are.

Cruz is a lying back stabbing asshole. No narrative needed, the facts speak to it.
Always an excuse ready to go. These "real conservatives" are sure hard to find. But golly gee, if one were to run, you better believe America would unite around that candidate
duckr.png

Trump is the least conservative candidate that was in the GOP line up this year- the GOP rejected every candidate that was Conservative.

Yeah- this whine every election that the GOP just won't pick a real conservative candidate- Trump is another non-conservative GOP candidate- clearly the GOP does not want a 'real conservative' to run.

The success of Donald Trump reveals what I have been saying for a very long time. The party has been hijacked by psychopaths, hypocrites, liars, and retards. Trump attracts the pseudo-cons who would not know a conservative principle if one bit them in the place where their balls should be.
Yes, but I wonder whether Ted is a conservative or simply a fraud himself. I lean to the latter.
I think Cruz is a genuine conservative. All the way to the marrow of his bones.

But he is dishonest and unlikable, too. He is not The Great Communicator.
Disagree.

A true conservative would never seek to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law, increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

You like to make it about the woman, but it is about the right to life of the unborn child. And so a true conservative is pro-life no matter how you try to spin it.

A true conservative views abortion as murder, and your attempt to paint the prevention of murder as "increasing the size and authority of government" is rhetorical bullshit.

A true conservative wouldn’t seek to deny gay Americans access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in, or to disadvantage transgender Americans through force of law.

On gay rights, I agree we are all entitled to equal protection of the laws. We cannot remove that protection without a rational basis.

The problem for me is that we have too many laws which bestow too many government cash and prizes on marriages. That is where true conservatism comes in. I believe a great many of those cash and prizes need to go away.

But as long as the government is bestowing those cash and prizes, I believe everyone has a right to the equal protection of those laws which bestow those gifts.

A true conservative wouldn’t support ‘voter ID' laws

I detest Voter ID, as you probably know if you have been around here for a while. It is a textbook case of a government program which intrudes on the exercising of our rights while being completely ineffective at achieving its stated goal.

You're basing conservatism on religion. Pro choice or anti-choice wasn't an issue for the founders.

Cruz is a lying back stabbing asshole. No narrative needed, the facts speak to it.
Always an excuse ready to go. These "real conservatives" are sure hard to find. But golly gee, if one were to run, you better believe America would unite around that candidate
duckr.png

Trump is the least conservative candidate that was in the GOP line up this year- the GOP rejected every candidate that was Conservative.

Yeah- this whine every election that the GOP just won't pick a real conservative candidate- Trump is another non-conservative GOP candidate- clearly the GOP does not want a 'real conservative' to run.
Trump's key support comes from people who have had it with the gop being of the plutocrats, and for the plutocrats, above all else.

Cruz is also an outsider, and while he may at heart be a conservative, is less interested in pursuing achievable conservative goals than he is on getting attention.

In short, we are well and truly focked.

Quite simply put, as the primaries progressed more and more became known about this "so called outsider" named Ted Cruz.

ETA: His VP is McCain's girl.

Establishment.
Still pushing this lie?
Hey, what happened to all that "hot info" on Heidi you promised some weeks back?
Yeah, you'[re full of shit.

What the failure of Cruz' campaign, if it in fact fails, proves is that after Obama Americans have been reduced to total dumbshits willing to follow anyone who says what they want to hear.

Forum List

Back