What Do You Use as A Sweetener?

What for? I bought my last bag of sugar in the late 70s. Now I do eat pies and cake on occasion so maybe i would if I baked them at home. I did use a little honey for bread making but I think the yeast needs it. The less sugar you consume the less you want it. A soda is way too sweet for me to drink anymore.

I know but you are a health nut
I'm not a puritan. Had pizza yesterday! Sugar can really screw up your health though.

Wow you really cut loose!

I had a salad... with lite vinagrette dressing. Otherwise, what I ate was crap. I have had a serious sweet tooth lately, so, I satiate it with an english muffin and strawberry jam

I eat salads almost everyday. I stopped with the fancy dressings, many are loaded with sugar, like many foods. I just use extra virgin olive oil and maybe some balsamic vinegar. Usually doctor it a bit with Johnny's seasoning, feta cheese, whatever.

A small jar of jam lasts me about a year but I do it on occasion. Just bread and jam will make me feel crummy though so I gotta eat some cheese, nuts or something proteinish.

I use Aspartame (Equal) in cold drinks and Sucralose (Splenda) in hot drinks. I use either sugar or a sugar/Stevia blend in baked goods. Considering my high blood glucose levels, I believe those are my best choices.

I don't use sweeteners in coffee or iced tea

Sometimes I'll make iced tea and steep it with fresh raspberries or orange and ginger.

On the rare occasions I bake I'll use sugar but I don't like really sweet desserts anyway

Forum List

Back