What do you think of Bill Maher?

He is about half as smart as he thinks he is and he is an unlikeable person on top of that. If he is right it is as much by coincidence as anything else.

I think his show has good debates between cons and liberals. It almost always two liberals vs a con but at least they are able to debate without being shouted down, ala Hannity, Oreilly.

He's an entertainer... dumb as shit, he may be.. he is not expert analyst of politics.. should not be used as any source for political 'proof' of anything, just like any other entertainer...

Personally, I think he is a repugnant person

He is an arrogant prick, and not as smart as he thinks he is.

i.e. the prototypical Mainstream Media Progressive asshat.

He's a filthy little, smart ass, libturd, Hugh Hefner wanna be.

I'd bitch slap his cocky little self but SHIT SPLATTERS.

Watch Real-Time every week when they're live on HBO. Like Maher up to his compulsive need to shame people of faith. May not believe in G-d either, but don't go out of my way to shame people who do like Maher seems to. But politicalyl I agree with him on most things.

Watch Real-Time every week when they're live on HBO. Like Maher up to his compulsive need to shame people of faith. May not believe in G-d either, but don't go out of my way to shame people who do like Maher seems to. But politicalyl I agree with him on most things.

Well, I hope he burns in hell.
So much for his "faith" jokes down there….

He pisses off the righties.

Good enough for me.

Politically savvy, funny, bright, his show is really good. Very creative and unique.

Otoh, he can get pretty raunchy and he'll hit below the belt but I can understand his biting humor and something mean in me really appreciates it. :lol:

If you remember the Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed by a stingray, that Halloween after, Bill Maher went as him with a stingray sticking out of his chest.

Not a nice guy sometimes.

What do you think of Bill Maher?

Liked him a lot when he was on Comedy Central. He was an equal opportunity critic and cynic back then. His persona was reasonably likable. I found him funny and engaging.

Then he went all Hollywood when he got Politically Incorrect onto ABC, where he started taking sides and stacking his panels 3:1 with liberals. Then, he got booted after saying something about 9/11, that was controversial, yet not particularly outrageous. No real need to go into what he said. I found it silly that he would lose his progressively (pun intended) unwatchable program over it.

Then he moved to HBO and devolved into the bitter, bellicose, and plain old nasty little jerk that he is today.

But now you have to pay a premium for his snide vitriol, so he has pretty much become an asterisk in the realm of political commentary.

I personally find him insufferable, but that's not important. Like Rush Limbaugh, he has an occasional good insight, but most of his insights are the product of having knowledge that is a mile wide and an inch deep.

If your personal knowledge basis is also broad but shallow, and if you have a Liberal bent, you might find him both entertaining and profound.

The great thing about Entertainment in this country is that if only 2% of the country likes you, you have 6 million fans. Enough to be moderately successful. Like Bill Maher.

Have you ever watched his show?

To me he is the voice of reason.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that you would think that.
Maher is like any other media talking head pundit, right or left - they are usually, at best, half right.
Lie by omission is what all of them do. Some more than others.
IMO - the worst is Sean Hannity from Fox, Chris Matthews from MSNBC and Scott Pelley from CBS. I say worst because they present themselves as serious news people and a lot of people believe them.
Then there are the comedian sudo-journalist. Your not supposed to take them seriously. They have all said OUTLOUD they are comedians that take everyday situations and humor them. Yet...moron low information youth actually "depend" on idiots like Maher - AS REAL NEWS....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back