What do You Think?- NBA player refuses to stand for National Anthem

Bullshit answer out of ignorance. You are afraid of the unfamiliar.

Not ignorance, disgust.

Where else in the world I would be allowed to carry my handgun at all times?
Where else in the world I would be able to get American style food for every meal"
Where else can I guarantee that anyone I need to deal with speaks English?
Where else can I guarantee my medical insurance will be taken?

There is no other place where these things are possible. Therefore, I see no reason or sense in leaving the US.

The idea that I could limit myself to only American food would be terrible.

The issues of being able to carry a gun and worries about health insurance are limitations you place on yourself due to fear.

I have been able to find people who speak English or get by with a phrase book. Not an issue.

I find it amusing that you act like you know something about what is out there, when you are afraid to go and see it for yourself.

Pity. You might actually learn something. There are plenty of wonderful people and places outside our national borders.

The things that are to be learned outside our borders are totally contrary to everything I believe and every bit if the morals and values I was raised with. Therefore nothing outside this country us of value to me.

That you refuse to see or hear anything that might conflict with your views means you never get all the information, see the whole picture or live life to the fullest.

You are afraid to venture out into the world, try new and diverse things. Afraid to go out without a gun. You are pretty pathetic.

I see life as an investment. I am well read and a student of both history and politics. With those things in mind I see nothing outside the US that will bring a return in my investment of time, money, etc...... to go there.

I carry a gun because I do not trust anyone and because nobody else's life is worth more than my health and property.
Bullshit. Or you are a really boring person.

Not ignorance, disgust.

Where else in the world I would be able to get American style food for every meal"

There is no other place where these things are possible. Therefore, I see no reason or sense in leaving the US.

HA! I've been to plenty of places in California where no one around me spoke English!
And there are places in Europe where people speak English. The Dutch speak better English than Americans, and walking around Amsterdam, everything is in English.

Not ignorance, disgust.

HA! I've been to plenty of places in California where no one around me spoke English!
And there are places in Europe where people speak English. The Dutch speak better English than Americans, and walking around Amsterdam, everything is in English.

I believe you, alot of the Euros speak English.

Not ignorance, disgust.

I believe you, alot of the Euros speak English.
I travel in Europe all the time and I only speak English.

You are afraid to venture out into the world, try new and diverse things. Afraid to go out without a gun. You are pretty pathetic.

I see life as an investment. I am well read and a student of both history and politics. With those things in mind I see nothing outside the US that will bring a return in my investment of time, money, etc...... to go there.

I carry a gun because I do not trust anyone and because nobody else's life is worth more than my health and property.

As a student of history, traveling in Europe would be a huge advantage.

One of the things that strikes you as you see places in Europe is what is defined as "old".

In the US, any place that is 150 to 200 years old is historic. In Europe those are new subdivisions. The history of the western world is there, with places a thousand years old that you can see, touch, study and learn about. Yes, you could read about them. But nothing matches standing on the sites where history was made.

One of the things that strikes you as you see places in Europe is what is defined as "old".

In the US, any place that is 150 to 200 years old is historic. In Europe those are new subdivisions. The history of the western world is there, with places a thousand years old that you can see, touch, study and learn about. Yes, you could read about them. But nothing matches standing on the sites where history was made.
I read a book about Tahiti, it was gorgeous.

I live in Ireland. The main part of my house is almost as old as the United States.

I live in Ireland. The main part of my house is almost as old as the United States.

Ireland is on my Bucket List of places to see. Unfortunately, it is not a short list.

I cannot imagine limiting myself to only seeing the US. Yes, there are some wonderful places here, and I have quite a few I still want to see. But there is also much to see outside our borders.

And you know this how? I have traveled outside this country and learned much. I have learned from talking to people. I have learned from spending time away from the tourist traps.

You have no idea what you could or couldn't learn. All you know is what you have been told.

I know this from my reading and research into history, politics, religion and society. Europe is an even larger version of the stinking boils that America's large cities have become...... Liberal shit holes where morality and values are nonexistent.

I have no need to learn that sort of debauchery, thank you very much.

The issues of being able to carry a gun and worries about health insurance are limitations you place on yourself due to fear.

I have been able to find people who speak English or get by with a phrase book. Not an issue.

My dietary tastes are wholly American. I don't drink alcohol. I cannot eat shellfish. I won't eat horse, dog, cat or anything I cannot identify.

There are certain fundamental Values in my life.... the ability to defend myself and my unwillingness to accept Government handouts are both high on that list.

Having to find someone to speak English with me has lost many businesses here in MA my money, why go somewhere that will exacerbate that issue?

That you refuse to see or hear anything that might conflict with your views means you never get all the information, see the whole picture or live life to the fullest.

I don't need to know everything or be happy. Those are not the point of life. Living properly is the point of life and I cannot believe there are more than a handful of Europeans who understand what that means. Russians, Saudi's, and certain Asians yes but no Europeans.

The history I'm interested in has largely been buried and built over. It ENDED at the beginning of the Renaissance.

Ireland is on my Bucket List of places to see. Unfortunately, it is not a short list.

I cannot imagine limiting myself to only seeing the US. Yes, there are some wonderful places here, and I have quite a few I still want to see. But there is also much to see outside our borders.
If you are coming over contact me and I can supply some guidance.

And you know this how? I have traveled outside this country and learned much. I have learned from talking to people. I have learned from spending time away from the tourist traps.

You have no idea what you could or couldn't learn. All you know is what you have been told.

I know this from my reading and research into history, politics, religion and society. Europe is an even larger version of the stinking boils that America's large cities have become...... Liberal shit holes where morality and values are nonexistent.

I have no need to learn that sort of debauchery, thank you very much.
You have no idea what you are talking about, Be afraid amd sit at home telling yourself thst you are doing the right thing.

My dietary tastes are wholly American. I don't drink alcohol. I cannot eat shellfish. I won't eat horse, dog, cat or anything I cannot identify.

There are certain fundamental Values in my life.... the ability to defend myself and my unwillingness to accept Government handouts are both high on that list.

Having to find someone to speak English with me has lost many businesses here in MA my money, why go somewhere that will exacerbate that issue?

Shellfish is certainly "American" if it can be classified in such a way. It's always been very popular in New England. Fisherman here in NE have made a living off of shellfishing for centuries. Shows how much YOU know. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back