Dallas Mavericks to stop paying National Anthem--Mark Cuban says "many feel anthem doesn’t represent them"

NBA Rules, Now lets see if they enforce them
1612995960170.png

Anyone with this guy's attitude should know by now that if they aren't going to make sure that the anthem is out there, the people in the crowd will make sure that its there. If its going to be done once by the crowd like it already has been, the crowd can always do it again and they will as many times as they need to step in and sing it. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The National Anthem is based on a poem written by Francis Scott Key when he was held prisoner on a British ship that was shelling Ft. Henry in Baltimore during the War of 1812. What the hell about the National Anthem offends sensitive libs these days?
"R_E_S_P_E_C_T_ find out what it means to me"....Aretha Franklin

Last edited:
If they want American people to watch the NBA, it seems they are doing everything to want to make them stop them from watching it.

How many of you watch the national anthem before the game tips off? Probably none of you.

Well, before 2009, players didn't even come our for the national anthem. So you are correct badbruth. The gov paid so many millions of dollars to promote the military during the Obama years.

If they want American people to watch the NBA, it seems they are doing everything to want to make them stop them from watching it.

How many of you watch the national anthem before the game tips off? Probably none of you.
When I was younger I played hockey and when teams I was on played in Canada or in the US against Canadian teams the national anthems of both countries would be played. Standing on one of the blue lines while our anthem played and knowing that I represented the US always gave me goose bumps. I really can't understand those who only see the bad things in America. We've got a good thing going here. Let's not mess it up by trying to become Greece...

F the thugs of the NBA
NBA was magic to me in the days of Bird , Magic and Jordan
I would not attend a game if you gave me front row seats

Mark Cuban was slapped down by the NBA. We'll see if Cuban capitulates.

I'm sure league officials don't want another black eye like they got when Chinese links were reported in
the news.

Adam Silver couldn't care less about the issue of the national anthem.
But he doesn't want another back lash as the league's profile is low enough
as is.

After major Mavs blowback, NBA now requiring all teams play national anthem

WASHINGTON (SBG) - The Dallas Mavericks have resumed playing the national anthem after the NBA made a statement that all teams are required to play the national anthem before games. Team owner Mark Cuban has since said he did not permanently ban the Star Spangled Banner before home games.

Forum List

Back