What do you think about Mitt Romneys SSI choice plan

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
What do you think about Mitt Romneys SSI choice plan for the younger generation? He gives people choices to either save up or stay on the normal SSI. This country is about personal freedom and advancement.

It sounds pretty good. :eusa_drool:

Someone making a lot of money can choose the choice plan and save up far more. These people won't be drawing from the normal system. :eusa_shhh:

I like it, I'm pro choice on most things, funny how the most vocal pro choicers arent pro choice on anything

• Banned
I think people should have the choice of a free market retirement...The good news is this is the best way to preserve the normal system for people that can't.

This is good for the people that can and the people that can't.

We save tens of billions of dollars per year going this way off the deficit.

Last edited:
I agree Matthew, but liberals dont like school choice, insurance choice, ssi choice, they want trickle down government....Do as I say

What do you think about Mitt Romneys SSI choice plan for the younger generation? He gives people choices to either save up or stay on the normal SSI. This country is about personal freedom and advancement.

Someone making a lot of money can choose the choice plan and save up far more. These people won't be drawing from the normal system. :eusa_shhh:

I think it is better then getting NOTHING at all. Because the way it is going the well is running dry.. There are so many baby boomers and so many people who are not having larger families there is NO way it will work the way it does now..

• Banned
We must become a society that offers choices from retirement to schooling. Someone should have the ability to retire the way they wish....As someone must have the right to choose where they send their child in education.

Democrats are all about centralizing and big government controlling your life.

Last edited:

Save? WTF do you think is able to save? Majority of Americans live from pay check to pay check. The new middle class is now the poor and we may never recover to the point were Romney thinks we can. Good paying job? My daughter has three and still cannot save. Social Security is a insurance policy that pays off. I raised three kids and was not able to save anything. Save for medical and retirement is not a reality but a fantasy. No if you are talking about investments. Think about how many people lost on their 402k which has almost no returns. If not for Social Securtiy most americans would be up the creek with out. If enough people opt out of Social Security it will go broke. Don't affect Romney so WTF? How about people who have not paid enough into Social Security and have to collect SSI like most illegal aliens if they are legalized,etc.
Romney's plan for this country is equal to terroism.
Vouchers for Medicare is insanity.

Explain more on "save up"

Last edited:
Mitt Romneys plans fucking Rock.

Obama offers NOTHING.
-More debt
-Less freedoms as we have to bow to islam
-Higher energy prices
-Lower standards of education
-Lower credit score
-Slow economic growth!

What grade are you in, Matthew?:confused:

12.5% of your income goes into social security and most collect more than they put in. To have a $1500 monthly Social Security check would mean you would have to save how much out of your income? There are no secure investments and never will be. How many people have lost their retirement savings as is?
Social Security is secure and Government will make sure it remains secure.

Last edited:
We must become a society that offers choices from retirement to schooling. Someone should have the ability to retire the way they wish....As someone must have the right to choose where they send their child in education.

Democrats are all about centralizing and big government controlling your life.

Fool, government don't want to control your pathetic life. When you do well, government does well. If not for government you would probably be an indentured slave.

Last edited:

Save? WTF do you think is able to save? Majority of Americans live from pay check to pay check. The new middle class is now the poor and we may never recover to the point were Romney thinks we can. Good paying job? My daughter has three and still cannot save. Social Security is a insurance policy that pays off. I raised three kids and was not able to save anything. Save for medical and retirement is not a reality but a fantasy. No if you are talking about investments. Think about how many people lost on their 402k which has almost no returns. If not for Social Securtiy most americans would be up the creek with out. If enough people opt out of Social Security it will go broke. Don't affect Romney so WTF? How about people who have not paid enough into Social Security and have to collect SSI like most illegal aliens if they are legalized,etc.

What isn't taken from you from your pay check,you get to chose

The concept isn't hard to understand

I understand what you're saying, but Mitt Romney doesn't replace SSI, instead he offers a a free market choice for people that can pay into it. So people that need the help will still have it.

Last edited:
My daughter has three and still cannot save. I raised three kids and was not able to save anything.

If you teach them value in saving, they save.

If not, not so much.

Has nothing to do with values. What happens to your savings when you become unemployed and cannot get help until your savings are gone? You are assuming everyone is able to save for 60 years without any hard times. You live in the same world as Romney?

I understand what you're saying, but Mitt Romney doesn't replace SSI, instead he offers a a free market choice for people that can pay into it. So people that need the help will still have it.

And who is going to pay for SSI? Free market to not apply to the 47%ers.

Last edited:
My daughter has three and still cannot save. I raised three kids and was not able to save anything.

If you teach them value in saving, they save.

If not, not so much.

Has nothing to do with values. What happens to your savings when you become unemployed and cannot get help until your savings are gone? You are assuming everyone is able to save for 60 years without any hard times. You live in the same world as Romney?

It has everything to do with values.

Lots of folks lose everything. They pick it up and start to save.

I don't think its any of the governments business how I save my money SS should be privatized to let people put their money where they want it not in a program that is drowning and probably won't even be around when I hit my 60's.

Many will choose the other choice and then when time passes will whine to get back on the standard plan.
Personal responsibility for ones actions? Very few have them.

Forum List

Back