What do you supposed is going through Mitt's mind?

Why how dare he suggest freedom to the states.
Never mind that it is Constitutional and that the States and private sector do it much better that the Feds.
Link?

I wanna see that too.

Funny how the rw's never wonder where the money would come from. Probably because they don't pay taxes.

Romney never said he wants to get rid of FEMA funds.
It is the lefty news who twisted the statement about what he said.
This is what he really said.
Romney would give more power to states, would not abolish FEMA - Andrew Restuccia - POLITICO.com

I wanna see that too.

Funny how the rw's never wonder where the money would come from. Probably because they don't pay taxes.

Romney never said he wants to get rid of FEMA funds.
It is the lefty news who twisted the statement about what he said.
This is what he really said.
Romney would give more power to states, would not abolish FEMA - Andrew Restuccia - POLITICO.com

pearls before libtard swine.

Why how dare he suggest freedom to the states.
Never mind that it is Constitutional and that the States and private sector do it much better that the Feds.
Link?

Comparison of Hurricane Katrina and Greensburg Tornado Disasters - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
When the States and private sector work with the funds from FEMA it does much better and costs less.
:rolleyes: States and private sector always works WITH FEMA.

Now how about that link to back up your assertion?

Comparison of Hurricane Katrina and Greensburg Tornado Disasters - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
When the States and private sector work with the funds from FEMA it does much better and costs less.

I think that WAS her assertion... that the states would better manage the money from FEMA than the federal government.

Romney needs a few days to figure out how to back off his Jeeps-to-China lie. The full court press over Behghazi doesn't seem to be working. I think most Americans realize that, in the fog of war, things can get confused and that any help that could have been given would have arrived too late anyway. They're a lot more apt to believe Panetta, Powell and Rice than bloviating ultra-CON gasbags.

You mean Romney isn't hiding in Paris as he was during Nam? Veterans Against Draft Dodger Mitt Romney | Facebook

"Mitt Romney actively demonstrated in favor of the Vietnam draft and his peers going to war, but he dodged the draft! Mitt Romney's own sons never served in the military but he has no problems with other people being in harms way!"

WTF does that have to do with the hurricane?

I can't wait to see big ears daughters fighting for our country. Wait, that's not gonna happen. Dumb shit.

You mean Romney isn't hiding in Paris as he was during Nam? Veterans Against Draft Dodger Mitt Romney | Facebook

"Mitt Romney actively demonstrated in favor of the Vietnam draft and his peers going to war, but he dodged the draft! Mitt Romney's own sons never served in the military but he has no problems with other people being in harms way!"

WTF does that have to do with the hurricane?

I agree. His Jeeps-to-China lie is much more imortant and should lose him Ohio and Michigan handily.

You have it backwards Ravi.
FEMA rules over the States and private sector.
You have to abide by FEMA rules in order to use the money, let alone even get it. That is not working with the states or private sector. That is FEMA controlling the States.
When freedom on how to use the funds is given to the states. It works much better.

You have to abide by FEMA rules in order to use the money, let alone even get it. That is not working with the states or private sector. That is FEMA controlling the States.
When freedom on how to use the funds is given to the states. It works much better.

The States don't have to take FEMA money. You are failing here.

Regardless, why would you want money taken from your state and given to another state with no oversight as to how the money is spent???

Regardless, why would you want money taken from your state and given to another state with no oversight as to how the money is spent???

Typical Lefty thinking.
I did not mind one bit as to how Greensberg, Kansas used my tax dollars. They did it right and it did not cost as much per person to help them.
I objected to my tax dollars being spent with Katrina and the way it was wasted when FEMA controlled everything. It cost almost three times as much per person to help them.
States would make the rules not the Feds. States know what is best, along with the cities as to how the money should be spent with input by the people themselves. Just like they did in Greensburg.
Why do the left always seem to think that freedom from the FEDS means no oversight?

D'oh! :eusa_doh:

Mitt Romney’s comments in the early stages of the presidential campaign about the Federal Emergency Management Agency came back to haunt him Monday, as Hurricane Sandy made landfall with a vicious power.

At a June, 2011 GOP primary debate, the former Massachusetts governor endorsed shifting the responsibilities of FEMA to state governments and private companies.

After Sandy, Will Romney Support Funding for FEMA?

this is what happens when you pander for everything.

Typical Lefty thinking.
I did not mind one bit as to how Greensberg, Kansas used my tax dollars. They did it right and it did not cost as much per person to help them.
I objected to my tax dollars being spent with Katrina and the way it was wasted when FEMA controlled everything. It cost almost three times as much per person to help them.
States would make the rules not the Feds. States know what is best, along with the cities as to how the money should be spent with input by the people themselves. Just like they did in Greensburg.
Why do the left always seem to think that freedom from the FEDS means no oversight?

how doesnt fema fall under the role of the federal government in protecting its people?

Typical Lefty thinking.

how doesnt fema fall under the role of the federal government in protecting its people?
:lol: I guess she doesn't know what FEMA stands for....

D'oh! :eusa_doh:

Mitt Romney’s comments in the early stages of the presidential campaign about the Federal Emergency Management Agency came back to haunt him Monday, as Hurricane Sandy made landfall with a vicious power.

At a June, 2011 GOP primary debate, the former Massachusetts governor endorsed shifting the responsibilities of FEMA to state governments and private companies.

After Sandy, Will Romney Support Funding for FEMA?

this is what happens when you pander for everything.

Mitt just has a legitimate philosophical difference whereby he apparently believes our 50 States should be United in name only...

Hey, what's so wrong with becoming a country whose firemen watch houses burn and EMTs watch people drown on account of some local State bureaucracy...

Firefighters watch home burn; Owners didn't pay - CBS News

Alameda police, firefighters watch as man drowns, blame budget cuts for being unable to respond | abc7news.com

the solution is to not take that money from the states to begin with and if the money has already been taken by the feds, why not try to get some of it back?

why does someone need to explain this to you?

the solution is to not take that money from the states to begin with and if the money has already been taken by the feds, why not try to get some of it back?

When the Bible belt gets hit with Tornadoes and other punishments from god, federal as well as state monies are used for recovery and cleanup and more. That means we 'the people' of the USA take care of 'our' own.
States are NOT on their own

Last edited:

You must understand, Ravi believes the Feds should change her tampons...

You must understand, Ravi believes the Feds should change her tampons...

that would be like trying to put clean fill into the grand canyon

Forum List

Back