What do you serve for Christmas Dinner ?

For dessert we serve : la buche de noel

206_1.jpg

C'est quoi ça?
It's a three chocolate ice cream

It looks a bit bready. Like there's something holding it together, an ice cream cake?
It looks like cocoa powder.

Here for my Christmas dinner...C'est à la Française.

Apéritif ( feuilleté ) of all kind assortiments de canapés et mini paniers avec Champagne
Entrée : Cassolette St Jacques sauce crémée aux Sauternes. Vin Blanc
Plat principal : Ballotine de dinde farcie aux morilles avec son écrasé de pomme de terre sauce airelle. vin rouge St joseph
Farandole de fromages.Vin rouge St Joseph
Fruits , noix.
Dessert ; Buche de noel trois chocolat, Champagne.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Aperitif (flaky) of all kind assortments of canapés and mini baskets with Champagne
Starter: Cassolette St Jacques cream sauce with Sauternes. White wine
Main course: Turkey ballotine stuffed with morels with crushed potato and cranberry sauce. red wine St joseph
Farandole of cheeses. St Joseph red wine
Fruits, nuts.
Dessert; Noel three chocolate, champagne.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?
Sounds Lovely BUT no use to us in Australia,as cannot be thrown on the BBQ and the temp.,will be hanging around 40C,so it will be poolside....Eats and Drinks and plenty of Ice in the Esky,..Drink...Beer take your pick but cold,Champers with or without Orange...cold.

Food..Turkey with loads of different stuffings...Baked Ham...I love Shoulder Mrsliq likes Leg(we have both) SEAFOOD,Crays,Prawns Giant, Baked Fish,etc TBCont

If the weather permits, I’d like to catch some catfish. Would be tasty for Christmas. Might even leave some fillets out for Santa.

This year we are having roast and potatoes, bought with money we will get back thanks to Donald Trump!
Well you won't get any tax refund because you don't earn over $5 million a year in fact the middle earners will get nothing.

So by having a handful of roast spuds,makes you feel indebted to the Nutty TRUMP????You are a Sad Bastard

Apéritif ( feuilleté ) of all kind assortiments de canapés et mini paniers avec Champagne
Plat principal : Ballotine de dinde farcie aux morilles avec son écrasé de pomme de terre sauce airelle. vin rouge St joseph
Fruits , noix.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Aperitif (flaky) of all kind assortments of canapés and mini baskets with Champagne
Main course: Turkey ballotine stuffed with morels with crushed potato and cranberry sauce. red wine St joseph
Fruits, nuts.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?
Sounds Lovely BUT no use to us in Australia,as cannot be thrown on the BBQ and the temp.,will be hanging around 40C,so it will be poolside....Eats and Drinks and plenty of Ice in the Esky,..Drink...Beer take your pick but cold,Champers with or without Orange...cold.

Food..Turkey with loads of different stuffings...Baked Ham...I love Shoulder Mrsliq likes Leg(we have both) SEAFOOD,Crays,Prawns Giant, Baked Fish,etc TBCont
Sweets...Fruits and Pavlova(Invented in Perth W.A. for the famous Ballerina when she was in Western Australia in the mid 1930's) with Cream,Raspberries and Kiwi Fruit(Chinese Gooseberry) all yum.....Coffee,Liquers & Jamaica Coffee Cake with JA Rum, and more Grog....The persons on the Board I would like at my table would be Hoss and his Family,Kat,Flacc and Coy and families and Tinnie ditto...and You and your Family...Blow C'est a la Francaise.....Viva le Australian Christmas Lunch,Dinner,Tea and Night Cap on the warm Indian Ocean Beach at Mullaloo.....steve

Last edited:
Having lasagna at my mom's on Christmas Eve and then I'm going to my aunt's for Christmas. She usually makes a bunch of different things. There are usually at least 15 people there, so there is ham, turkey, lasagna, other things. I expect the usual. I will be bringing cranberry salad which is my grandmother's recipe (which we use in place of cranberry sauce because it is MUCH better, especially if you like sweet things).

Fruits , noix.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Fruits, nuts.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?

Sweets...Fruits and Pavlova(Invented in Perth W.A. for the famous Ballerina when she was in Western Australia in the mid 1930's) with Cream,Raspberries and Kiwi Fruit(Chinese Gooseberry) all yum.....Coffee,Liquers & Jamaica Coffee Cake with JA Rum, and more Grog....The persons on the Board I would like at my table would be Hoss and his Family,Kat,Flacc and Coy and families and Tinnie ditto...and You and your Family...Blow C'est a la Francaise.....Viva le Australian Christmas Lunch,Dinner,Tea and Night Cap on the warm Indian Ocean Beach at Mullaloo.....steve

Big Girl Stylee

Having lasagna at my mom's on Christmas Eve and then I'm going to my aunt's for Christmas. She usually makes a bunch of different things. There are usually at least 15 people there, so there is ham, turkey, lasagna, other things. I expect the usual. I will be bringing cranberry salad which is my grandmother's recipe (which we use in place of cranberry sauce because it is MUCH better, especially if you like sweet things).
That will help keep people regular.

A couple of my kids have friends who weren't able to spend Christmas with their own families, so they suggested that we invite them to our gathering and do a pot-luck of sorts for Christmas. What we ended up having was:
  • Crown roast of lamb
  • Iberico ham (my contribution)
  • Stuffed Maine lobster
  • Beef Wellington
  • Duck fat sauteed haricot verts, onion and julienned red and yellow bell pepper
  • Sweet and spicy collard greens (my contribution)
  • Sauteed Brussel sprouts with morels, bacon and onions
  • Stuffed and roasted squash (butternut, acorn, yellow and Rouge Vif d'Etampes), celery and onion medley
  • Pasta puttanesca
  • Duck fat pommes frites
  • Marjoram infused pommes Anna made with roasted chicken drippings in place of butter
  • Apple, ginger and toffee pie
  • Pecan pie
  • Chocolate truffle layer cake with mocha mascarpone icing
  • Homemade persimmon sorbet (my contribution)
  • Champagne, red and white wine (my contribution)
  • Various teas (my contribution)
  • Coffee (my contribution)
I have to say I was impressed by my kids' culinary sensibilities. With one exception that tasted great but was a bit out of place amongst the other menu items, I think they and their "dates" did a fine job, all the more so since I had very little cooking to do this time round, though I chipped in my knife skills to hasten the overall process (LOL).

I think the pot-luck idea worked out great for everyone's scurrying about and collaborating to prepare their respective dishes was a fantastic icebreaker. We all not only greatly enjoyed the food, but also the time together.

I was especially fond of spending time with my kids, all of whom are have now more or less commenced living their own adult lives, and I was honored that they afforded me the privilege of getting to know better their current beaus, belles and friends. Seeing my kids maturity, initiative, charity, aplomb and interactions with friends is far and away the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten from them. Nothing beats that cathartically affirming moment when one realizes indubitably that with or without oneself, one's kids will be just fine.

I made shrimp kabobs, yellow rice, and seasoned broccoli. I wanted to keep it simple, but other people brought more food.

Whatryagonnado.

Dinner was awesome of course (both dinners :D)! We did have turkey and ham, like I thought we would, with the usual side dishes. I like a nice traditional meal for the holidays. I think I prefer ham over turkey though. I like both but ham is just more tasty to me.

I had to have a little piece of turkey to eat with the cranberry salad though. That goes much better with cranberry salad than ham. It is such a great combination, turkey (or bread/rolls) with the cranberry salad! Yummmmmmm!!! :p

That will help keep people regular.

I do like to help! :D

Forum List

Back