What do you serve for Christmas Dinner ?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Here for my Christmas dinner...C'est à la Française.

Apéritif ( feuilleté ) of all kind assortiments de canapés et mini paniers avec Champagne
Entrée : Cassolette St Jacques sauce crémée aux Sauternes. Vin Blanc
Plat principal : Ballotine de dinde farcie aux morilles avec son écrasé de pomme de terre sauce airelle. vin rouge St joseph
Farandole de fromages.Vin rouge St Joseph
Fruits , noix.
Dessert ; Buche de noel trois chocolat, Champagne.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Aperitif (flaky) of all kind assortments of canapés and mini baskets with Champagne
Starter: Cassolette St Jacques cream sauce with Sauternes. White wine
Main course: Turkey ballotine stuffed with morels with crushed potato and cranberry sauce. red wine St joseph
Farandole of cheeses. St Joseph red wine
Fruits, nuts.
Dessert; Noel three chocolate, champagne.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?

This year we are having roast and potatoes, bought with money we will get back thanks to Donald Trump!

This year we are having roast and potatoes, bought with money we will get back thanks to Donald Trump!
Trump is the best for sure, you seem to be serving roast or lasagna you Americans, that's what I see in Christmas movies. ?

Trump is the best for sure, you seem to be serving roast or lasagna you Americans, that's what I see in Christmas movies. ?
I don't know about the movies, normally we would have traditional turkey with all the trimmings but we are just tired of it all. So it's roast and potatoes and macaroni and pumpkin pie! I was just poking fun with the Trump comment. ;) Merry Christmas.

Yes, I forgot the turkey you eat too. we do not serve turkey here in France it's rather different. your roast seems very delicious. thank you for the explanation I do not always understand the humor. Merry Christmas to you too :)

A good ham.
Mashed potatoes. And that is mashed by hand, none of that whipped bullsh*t...and plenty of butter.
Green beans, par-steamed and then finished pan-fried in liquid gold (bacon fat), finished off with garlic salt/pepper and parm cheese.
My son wants me to make bruschetta, which doesn't really go with the above...but I'll make it.
Not sure yet for dessert.

For dessert we serve : la buche de noel

206_1.jpg

And you serve i think cookies ?

Spiced-Gingerbread-Man-Cookies-plus-24-more-Christmas-Cookies.jpg

That look pretty good.

A good ham.
Mashed potatoes. And that is mashed by hand, none of that whipped bullsh*t...and plenty of butter.
Green beans, par-steamed and then finished pan-fried in liquid gold (bacon fat), finished off with garlic salt/pepper and parm cheese.
My son wants me to make bruschetta, which doesn't really go with the above...but I'll make it.
Not sure yet for dessert.

No gravy? :eek:

We'll have all kinds of dessert.

Caramel Cake, Pecan pie, Hopefully Rum Cake, Guayaba, Apple pie..Fudge.

We have turkey, ham, beef tenderloin, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, broccoli, green salad, macaroni salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, and various desserts.
A bunch of us get together.

Apéritif ( feuilleté ) of all kind assortiments de canapés et mini paniers avec Champagne
Plat principal : Ballotine de dinde farcie aux morilles avec son écrasé de pomme de terre sauce airelle. vin rouge St joseph
Fruits , noix.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Aperitif (flaky) of all kind assortments of canapés and mini baskets with Champagne
Main course: Turkey ballotine stuffed with morels with crushed potato and cranberry sauce. red wine St joseph
Fruits, nuts.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?

I can't possibly compete with that. Je vais chez toi. :eusa_dance:

We're going tropical this year.
Scallop ceviche to start
Grilled Mahi Mahi with a citrus glaze, served with a fresh watermelon and mango salsa, spicy pineapple rice and grilled asparagus

Haven't decided on dessert yet maybe a Key Lime pie parfait with home made ice cream

Fruits , noix.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Fruits, nuts.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?

Pogo thank you, but when you receive people you must not miss anything, the French cuisine is a job and very good but your Christmas seems really nice too:)

Fruits , noix.
Café, Digestif.

English translate.

Fruits, nuts.
Coffee, Digestive

And you ?

Pogo thank you, but when you recieve people you must not miss anything, the French cuisine is a job and very good but your Christmas seems really nice too:)

All I have to eat is dirt off the floor. A side dish of rocks and a salad made of twigs. That's why I'm coming to your house.

I won't be long because then I go to chez Skull Pilot -- that looks damn good too.

Scallop ceviche to start
Grilled Mahi Mahi with a citrus glaze, served with a fresh watermelon and mango salsa, spicy pineapple rice and grilled asparagus

Haven't decided on dessert yet maybe a Key Lime pie parfait with home made ice cream
Scallop ceviche to start

seafood is always a good choice. Sometimes I do a baked stuffed red snapper!

Forum List

Back