What do you have more of in your home.....?

Which do you have more of in your home?

• Framed Pictures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Books

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Knick Knacks

• Tools

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • DVDs/BluRay/CDs

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Games/Toys

• Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
are you a collector of anything?

We don't actually collect anything, but I think we have more BOOKS than anything else in our house, second would either be sports memorabilia or framed pictures......

It used to be books, but now that we both have a kindle I was able to reduce the physical inventory.
Next would be bullets. But only if you count them individually.

So, my answer would have to be cooking gadgets and equipment.

I have a library in my front room. It is wall to wall bookcases, and even then I have piles on the floor because there is not enough shelf space. I have a bookcase full of dvds in the bedroom, but far more books.

We don't actually collect anything, but I think we have more BOOKS than anything else in our house, second would either be sports memorabilia or framed pictures......

I collect shot glasses and beer mugs.

I also have a bunch of books, ranging from my Chemical Engineering books, to fiction, and my history book collection, the prize of which is a 9 book Readers Digest set from 1919 on World War I.

I wish there was a way to store you favorite movies on your cable box so you could just scroll through them and watch them as the mood strikes you. Like move your DVD/BluRay permanently onto your cable box - I'm sure there is a way to do this....

So, I could go to a list and go alphabetical and if I feel like watching Moonstruck, there it is. But the list would only be like my 50 or 100 favorites.....

I also have a bunch of books, ranging from my Chemical Engineering books, to fiction, and my history book collection, the prize of which is a 9 book Readers Digest set from 1919 on World War I.

Do you have a favorite/favorites of Fiction Writers?

Does anyone NOT own a Kindle or Nook?

I do not.....

I've read a lot of Clancy, Bond and Coyle. My current favorite is Harry Turtledove, who does a lot of Alt history stuff.

I've read the Potter books, and I'm a Tolkien fan as well. I also read a lot of Orwell.

I tend to read books over and over.

Nonfiction is my interest.....All subjects...Sociology is one of my favorites........

Nonfiction is my interest.....All subjects...Sociology is one of my favorites........

I read a ton of Military history, at this point I have started reading source material. I've read Clauswitz, I've read Gurderian's Achtung Panzer, and I even have a copy of Mein Kampf, (hidden behind other books, people tend to assume owning Mein Kampf = Nazi.

I read a ton of Military history, at this point I have started reading source material. I've read Clauswitz, I've read Gurderian's Achtung Panzer, and I even have a copy of Mein Kampf, (hidden behind other books, people tend to assume owning Mein Kampf = Nazi.
Yeah Mein Kampf was tough to get through as was the Communist Manifesto....They bore me....I guess reading the Quatrains of Nostradamus would be the only fictional writer I read the most of...Tons of history, military, political, religions ..Is the Bible considered non-fiction?

It's not that i don't have any fiction books, just about 400..But I do prefer non-fiction, instructional, cooking, arts, atlas of Earth...around 300 of them...I wish I had more original artist paintings only three of those..

We have something in common. I have very few fiction books in my library, and those are mostly modern classics like Orwell's ,1984 and Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, The large part of my collection is art books, but I have one bookcase full of philosophy and psychology.

Forum List

Back