CDZ What do you care about?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Many people are often accused of not caring about the poor, oppressed, etc. Is this really true, or is it more a case of them caring more about solutions than just focusing on the problems? A good example of this is the issue of homelessness. We know that a very large percentage of the homeless are mentally ill and/or substance dependent, and that they prefer living outside to restrictive shelters. We all may decry this situation, but what solutions (that haven't been tried and failed before) do you support?

Do you care more about the problem or the solution?

Complex problem, personal liberty, verses public safety, those of us who live in smaller community's have to deal less with this problem as housing maybe at the top end of what say someone working at Walmart can afford but not more than they can handle. not so with big city's where company's making huge money & paying good wages have turned the local housing market into a disaster for regular working people. could write a book on causes, would struggle to write a page on solutions.

Define "problem".

prob·lem
/ˈpräbləm/

noun

1. a matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome

example:

People living on the streets, defecating on the sidewalks and thereby impairing the rights of others.

If you’re a blob supporter you only care about the homeless problem in blue states and blaming anyone who isn’t overtly and full throatedly politically aligned with the blob. If you’re a democrat, you only seek to blame anyone other than the homeless for their plight.

a matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome
One man's trash is another man's treasure- as for your example you're correct- but, isn't the bigger question why is it happening?

Many people are often accused of not caring about the poor, oppressed, etc. Is this really true, or is it more a case of them caring more about solutions than just focusing on the problems? A good example of this is the issue of homelessness. We know that a very large percentage of the homeless are mentally ill and/or substance dependent, and that they prefer living outside to restrictive shelters. We all may decry this situation, but what solutions (that haven't been tried and failed before) do you support?

Lock up the crazy ones, in nut houses.

Lock up the criminal ones in prisons.

That should reduce the problem to manageable levels.

Who defines criminals and nuts? The same people who caused the problems to begin with?

It's only a problem if it affect me or mine. Then, the only person responsible for creating a solution is me or mine.

Partially.
So, you want to partially what? Blame or defer to the ones who created the "problem"?
These type situations are the result of unintended consequences (or are they) of implemented programs because "we have to do something" which creates many criminal actions that actually harm no one- that's not an answer to a problem its making problem when no one is harmed so politicians can claim "something" was done reelect me again-

Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses?..... Ebenezer Scrooge

Who gets to determine which ones are crazy and if not crimes have been prosecuted you cannot just call someone a criminal (unless of course you are a Trump hating tard).

What do you care about?

I care about my freedoms and my ability to provide for myself and for my family. Unfortunately, I live in a society that has no problem with the undermining of my ability to do that. A society that cheapens life to where children are killed for convenience but cries with fake outrage when I resist their demands to take food out of my family's mouth to feed others.

Charity is not charity when it is government mandated.

Last edited:

I would go back to what we did before liberal do-gooders messed it up. We had mental hospitals for these people, they were kept medicated and harmless.

Then the liberals decided that it was unfair to lock them up if they weren't immediately dangerous. Conservatives decided that spending rich people's money on out-patient treatment programs was bad. Those Dressage Horses weren't going to buy themselves! So what we end up doing is sharing our streets with dangerous mentally ill people.

I care about my freedoms and my ability to provide for myself and for my family. Unfortunately, I live in a society that has no problem with the undermining of my ability to do that. A society that cheapens life to where children are killed for convenience but cries with fake outrage when I resist their demands to take food out of my family's mouth to feed others.

Charity is not charity when it is government mandated.

Which is why no one is calling it charity.

I look at social welfare as pragmatism. Someone who has a full belly isn't going to try to rob me at knifepoint to fill their belly.

Partially.
So, you want to partially what? Blame or defer to the ones who created the "problem"?
These type situations are the result of unintended consequences (or are they) of implemented programs because "we have to do something" which creates many criminal actions that actually harm no one- that's not an answer to a problem its making problem when no one is harmed so politicians can claim "something" was done reelect me again-

The primary drivers of homelessness are the lack of standard old fashioned nut houses.

Indeed, that was from politicians doing "something". Well, it needs to be reversed.

Another cause is the hesitation of society to lock up people who are obviously dangers to themselves and others. That is, imo, more from idiotic lawyers and judges, than politicians, but regardless, that also needs to be reversed.

And yes, we are working with very imperfect tools here, and the results are going to be spotty and slow incoming.

But still better than just letting the problem grow and spread and fester unrestrained.

Are there no prisons, are there no workhouses?..... Ebenezer Scrooge

Letting crazy people and criminals roam unfettered, leads to innocent people being hurt and murdered.

Who gets to determine which ones are crazy and if not crimes have been prosecuted you cannot just call someone a criminal (unless of course you are a Trump hating tard).

1. Doctors. Often with referrals from family and friends.

2. Yes, the criminals need to be caught in a crime and then arrested and prosecuted and then locked up. Thanks for stating the obvious. Seriously. What led you to thinking that needed to be said?

Forum List

Back