CDZ Knowledge and Truth

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I chose to put this here since posting elsewhere garners only reactions and I'm more interested in responses.

Knowledge evolves, it isn't biased biased in its origin and can manifest itself in ways unimaginable-
Reaction is a learned trait, a response is a thought through process.

To think through requires gaining knowledge. To react is merely a regurgitation of a previously learned action.

For knowledge to evolve requires an open mind. A closed mind relies on and turns to reaction.

Knowledge isn't biased in its origin. A little or a lot is immaterial. Its manifestation is unimaginable. Reaction is imaginable. It's what is relied on to perpetrate lies.

Truth is constant- what was true yesterday is true today and will be true tomorrow.

Discuss.

Truth is concept. That something is "true" is an idea. The idea that something is true depends on the value system of the individual. The widely used value system of people today is science, although religion also offers a standard for judging truth. These systems are both quite stable although they can evolve quite significantly over a long period of time. Other systems produce startling changes in what is true and what is false. Much of our current politics is based on such rapid reversals.

• Banned
Truth is concept.
It's constant- if it was true yesterday and true today it will be true tomorrow- otherwise its just knowledge- concepts evolve, i.e. knowledge- a concept is a presentation of an idea, nothing more, nothing less though it can evolve into a tangible- an idea is a theory- theories evolve- Truth remains constant.

Truth is concept.
It's constant- if it was true yesterday and true today it will be true tomorrow- otherwise its just knowledge- concepts evolve, i.e. knowledge- a concept is a presentation of an idea, nothing more, nothing less though it can evolve into a tangible- an idea is a theory- theories evolve- Truth remains constant.

What therefore is a 'truth' to you?

For example- magnetic north is on the northern part of our globe- that is a truth. But our magnetic core moves so that what is 'magnetic north' now was not always so.

• Banned
What therefore is a 'truth' to you?
Whatever was true yesterday and true today and will be true tomorrow- there's only one I subscribe to wholeheartedly tho-

all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights-

• Banned
For example- magnetic north is on the northern part of our globe- that is a truth.

Notice the hi lited? It's not constant since it moves with the earth wobbling on it's axis. Therefore our "knowledge" evolved to learn that-

In today's environment, "Truth" is nothing more than "stuff I agree with".

In order for things to progress (and that may be doubtful at this point), I place a much higher priority and value on intellectual honesty.

Those running around convinced they have a vice-like grip on "The Truth" are almost exclusively hardcore partisan ideologues.

Well if thats the truth- you should be able to prove it.
I suspect we all got here the same way- or, maybe you were assembled on assembly line- I'd like to see the build sheet if you don't mind-

Well if thats the truth- you should be able to prove it.
I suspect we all got here the same way- or, maybe you were assembled on assembly line- I'd like to see the build sheet if you don't mind-

So you don't think that a truth can be proven. It is just what we agree is a truth- except for those who don't agree with your truth?

So you don't think that a truth can be proven.

What do you want for proof? Do you not bleed red? Were you not spit out of a womb?

Do you believe yourself better than others? If so, how?

So you don't think that a truth can be proven.

What do you want for proof? Do you not bleed red? Were you not spit out of a womb?

Do you believe yourself better than others? If so, how?

I actually think a truth can be proven- otherwise it isn't a truth.

Do you believe truth can be proven- or is it just anything you declare as truth?

Prove it. In the meantime while you're dreaming and scheming tell me- do you bleed red? Do you believe yourself better than others?

Prove it. In the meantime while you're dreaming and scheming tell me- do you bleed red? Do you believe yourself better than others?

Okay- I thought this thread would be a waste of my time- but I thought I would hang out to see.

You aren't even willing to debate your own OP- I will leave you to your conversation with yourself.

Okay- I thought this thread would be a waste of my time- but I thought I would hang out to see.

You aren't even willing to debate your own OP- I will leave you to your conversation with yourself.
No you didn't- you felt you could prove yourself somehow superior- yet you refuse to answer my questions and what do you do? Run and hide.

I chose to put this here since posting elsewhere garners only reactions and I'm more interested in responses.

Knowledge evolves, it isn't biased biased in its origin and can manifest itself in ways unimaginable-
Reaction is a learned trait, a response is a thought through process.

To think through requires gaining knowledge. To react is merely a regurgitation of a previously learned action.

For knowledge to evolve requires an open mind. A closed mind relies on and turns to reaction.

Knowledge isn't biased in its origin. A little or a lot is immaterial. Its manifestation is unimaginable. Reaction is imaginable. It's what is relied on to perpetrate lies.

Truth is constant- what was true yesterday is true today and will be true tomorrow.

Discuss.

Wrong.

The truth was that there were no lights at Wrigley Field on a yesterday in the past. The next day...there was light

Forum List

Back