What do these Dems have against god?

I think demented hits the spot better.

Idiot wingnuts think an amendment that says "the feds power is limited to the feds power" is a limit on fed power.:cuckoo:

From your own wiki link

In United States v. Sprague (1931) the Supreme Court noted that the amendment "added nothing to the [Constitution] as originally ratified."
In wingnut world, the Constitution, which is where all govt power comes from, was ALL about limiting fed power.
SCOTUS serves the ends of the politicians who get them appointed.

According to Jefferson, SCOTUS can go fuck itself; what some old prick says he thinks an older prick means means jack shit. Only one thing matters: the will of the nation.

Bullseye. That's it in a nut shell. All the rest is, it the infrastructure that supports it. In Infrastructure is limited to the will of the people. It will never be more important than the people it was designed to serve, not united, not as a whole. When we let the system manipulate our will, we all lose.

COTUS is valid only so long as the People will it so.

Should they decide it is obsolete, it will join the Articles of Confederation, the Mayflower Pact, and countless other arrangements which the People have formed for themselves and set aside when they no longer served their interests.

Hmmmm..... 17 references to Tyranny in the Federalist Papers.

Tyranny - Google Search

So things have not changed much for them on the fear angle?

How accountable and reasonable do you find Government today. Care to explain the Tax Code in Layman terms? That should be an easy place to start. How do I violate the Commerce Clause by planting the wrong plant in my garden?

COTUS is valid only so long as the People will it so.

Should they decide it is obsolete, it will join the Articles of Confederation, the Mayflower Pact, and countless other arrangements which the People have formed for themselves and set aside when they no longer served their interests.

What scares me about abandoning the Constitution is what would take it's place. I could almost guarantee you that the one thing that won't be present would be reason. Will talk to you about it when you get back from vacation. I was sorry to hear about it.

Hmmmm..... 17 references to Tyranny in the Federalist Papers.

Tyranny - Google Search

So things have not changed much for them on the fear angle?

Human Nature and the Lust for power were some of our Founders biggest concerns. Jefferson warned us, Madison was, we all were betrayed by Hamilton, who used Federalism as a stepping stone in the establishment of the Empire. The Illusion of Representative Government.

Idiot wingnuts think an amendment that says "the feds power is limited to the feds power" is a limit on fed power.:cuckoo:

From your own wiki link

In wingnut world, the Constitution, which is where all govt power comes from, was ALL about limiting fed power.
SCOTUS serves the ends of the politicians who get them appointed.

According to Jefferson, SCOTUS can go fuck itself; what some old prick says he thinks an older prick means means jack shit. Only one thing matters: the will of the nation.

Bullseye. That's it in a nut shell. All the rest is, it the infrastructure that supports it. In Infrastructure is limited to the will of the people. It will never be more important than the people it was designed to serve, not united, not as a whole. When we let the system manipulate our will, we all lose.

The COTUS is the will of the people. It was voted for by the people knowing that it did not make majority rule the law of the land.

And TJ, like our traitorous wingnuts on the right, did not like the COTUS. He had to be talked into publically endorsing it by Madison, and confided to his friends that he did not approve of it.

All I want is some consistency from the dims.

If they want to refuse to say the word god then they should refuse to spend money that has "In God We Trust" printed on it.

If they want to refuse to say the word god then they should refuse to spend money that has "In God We Trust" printed on it.

Might wanna look up when it actually got put on our money Skull.

It wasn't until the 1860's.

And, originally, it was Florida's state symbol.

Incidentally, do you think that we should move Washington down to Tallahassee or Miami?

Using what passes for logic in your post, you must.

What happened to all the smiteing and zotting that used to go on?

He even lets "sin city" aka Vegas to thrive.
And Baptists hold conventions there.

Last edited:
What happened to all the smiteing and zotting that used to go on?

He even lets "sin city" aka Vegas to thrive.
And Baptists hold conventions there.

Don't forget, it was also built by Mormons who didn't want the Hoover Dam workers messing up their town with all their sin.

BTW...........it's not so much that I have anything against God. Actually, I kinda like talking to Him.

I just have a problem with the limited view that so many Christians have of Him.

:under g-d was inserted into the pledge during the mccarthy era to weed out 'commies'.

why do you care?

and why do idiots think dems have anything against g-d?

Congresswoman condemns radical right-wing agenda of hate, intolerance and racism
St. Paul, MN -- Congresswoman Betty McCollum honors and respects the Pledge of Allegiance and believes the United States is one Nation under God. She has led the Pledge of Allegiance on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives numerous times as can be seen in these video links.

Conservatives are using an eight year old video clip to incite hate, racism, and intolerance among Tea Party Republicans. This right-wing effort to call into question Congresswoman McCollum's Christian faith, her belief in God, and her patriotism is blatantly anti-American and all too similar to the extremists who earlier this year mailed a soiled American flag to her Congressional office and threatened the Congresswoman with violence.

Congresswoman McCollum rejects this radical agenda and condemns the extremist tactics behind this poisonous political exploitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.

oh...and she's 30 points over her opponent and has been given a 100% chance of a win by fivethirtyeight.com

FiveThirtyEight House Election Forecasts and Polls - Election 2010 - The New York Times
October 26, 2010 -- McCollum Honors Pledge of Allegiance and ?One Nation Under God?

I care becouse part of the problem in Amerian society today is the attacks by the libs on the Judeo Christian moral values this country was founded on.. But I guess in the liberal mind thats all fine and dandy:cuckoo:

The Christian Nation Myth

Incidentally, do you think that we should move Washington down to Tallahassee or Miami?

OK so a dimmy can hold opposing positions on the word god.

When saying the pledge, it;s bad but when printed on money it's OK?

As I said all I am asking for is a little consistency. If you can't bring yourself to say god in the pledge then don't spend money with god printed on it.

OK so a dimmy can hold opposing positions on the word god.

When saying the pledge, it;s bad but when printed on money it's OK?

As I said all I am asking for is a little consistency. If you can't bring yourself to say god in the pledge then don't spend money with god printed on it.

Why not?

Forum List

Back