What do Rightwingers think of the left's hatred of Fox News?

Smith is a journalist and so is Greta Van Susteren. Bill O'Reilly gives excellent insights and alternative views into current issue's.

So for the record, you're saying that the news side of the house is fair and balanced?

O'Reilly isn't a journalist and doesn't claim to be. He has his own set of standards for political punditry and commentary. Those standards are old fashioned and I think he cares about his reputation and takes pride in his work product. He is a good filter for ascertaining conservative viewpoints that are taking hold in the community.
Smith and Van Susteren are old fashioned as well. They adhere to the old fashioned journalistic standards as much as can be expected. There interpretation of news events are often more interesting and educational than what you might find elsewhere.
Having two fair and balanced news reporters and one commentator does not make the entire FOX 24 hour operation with endless personalities fair and balanced.

Evidently you aren't as clever as you give yourself credit for. Fox's opinion shows are full of opinion, just like MSNBC. Their news reporting is news reporting. That you can't tell the difference says more about you than them.
The news reporting is full of bias at Fox. Seems you are the one who cannot or will not see the distinction.

Who, what, where, when, why and how never changes. Anything beyond that is speculation and not news reporting. Watch any news cast from any outlet and compare the info. It will be virtually the same. Now, Fox does report stories that other outlets totally ignore, but that isn't bias, that's good old fashioned journalism.
Like more Benghazi? Perhaps what you think is journalism is, in reality, an agenda.

Smith is a journalist and so is Greta Van Susteren. Bill O'Reilly gives excellent insights and alternative views into current issue's.

So for the record, you're saying that the news side of the house is fair and balanced?

Having two fair and balanced news reporters and one commentator does not make the entire FOX 24 hour operation with endless personalities fair and balanced.

What DOES make FOX fair and BALANCED is the healthy number of liberals present on FOX, while MSNBC has how many conservatives ? Here's a guess > None ?

Do they get it? Do they understand why we would hate it? I mean are Rightwingers aware of just how distorted it is? Are they aware it is more a propaganda machine than it is a news source?

I mean sure it is fair to compare MSNBC to Fox News, but there really isn't another liberal source that even comes close to FN's bullshit. Do conservatives grasp that fact? Are they smart enough to grasp that fact?

"Hate"? Speak for yourself. If you sink to an emotional relationship, then the object of your hate has already won.

What an outfit like Fox Noise does is pretty much the same thing that our trolls here do: stir the shit until you react to it. When they polarize the news and take a definite side of it ("pointed", as Mr. H put it), that's what they're daring you to do -- get emotionally invested. Whether you agree with them and come for affirmation or disagree and tune in to bicker with them, either way they have your attention -- and just like trolls, that means they have won. And that's exactly why they have the ratings they do.

The name of their game really is not selling you an ideology. It's getting your attention. Why give them what they want?

Me, I don't "hate" Fox Noise any more than I "hate" the fly buzzing around the house on a hot day. It's annoying, but that's what its nature is.

O'Reilly isn't a journalist and doesn't claim to be. He has his own set of standards for political punditry and commentary. Those standards are old fashioned and I think he cares about his reputation and takes pride in his work product. He is a good filter for ascertaining conservative viewpoints that are taking hold in the community.
Smith and Van Susteren are old fashioned as well. They adhere to the old fashioned journalistic standards as much as can be expected. There interpretation of news events are often more interesting and educational than what you might find elsewhere.

I don't know about Greta but Shep Smith is one of the most objective journalists on TV. Outside of him I'm not really aware of any others who share that trait on Fox.

Fun fact: Joe McCarthy's best friend was Greta's dad, Urban van Susteren. He gave McCarthy his copy of Mein Kampf, the only book he ever read.

Interesting that this entire thread started with one lone liberal admitting to be a hater.

And I call upon him and any other liberal condemning FOX to respond to my Post # 144, mentioning >> "the healthy number of liberals present on FOX."

Last edited:
Interesting that this entire thread started with one lone liberal admitting to be a hater.

You mean we're not all lockstep monolithic?\

Who knew.
thud.gif

Somebody should tell that assclown Bustball. Westwall. Whatever his name is.

i'm not a rightwinger, but i find the left's obsession and whines about fox news hilarious...one news station leans right and all you get is weeping and nashing of gnashing of teeth and utter silence about all the lefty news orgs out there....cnn, msnbc....

whiny hypocrites

"lefty news orgs" :lol: yeah they're out there ---- if you can find 'em behind the corporate wall. Happy hunting and pack a lunch.

Just a few minutes ago I walked through my hotel lobby where they happened to have CNN on -- while walking by I caught the phrase ".... but America's mayor, Rudy Giuliani says..."

Some "lefty news source" huh? :lmao:

I don't hate Fox News.

I thinks its funny that statistics have shown that people who watch Fox News are less informed, than people who watch no news at all.

The news reporting is full of bias at Fox. Seems you are the one who cannot or will not see the distinction.

Who, what, where, when, why and how never changes. Anything beyond that is speculation and not news reporting. Watch any news cast from any outlet and compare the info. It will be virtually the same. Now, Fox does report stories that other outlets totally ignore, but that isn't bias, that's good old fashioned journalism.
Like more Benghazi? Perhaps what you think is journalism is, in reality, an agenda.

Or a desire to uncover and report the truth to the American people. Perhaps you have heard of Woodward and Bernstein?

Of course you do realize that all the news copy that Shep reads comes from the same place as the news copy that all the other news people read, correct? The news is the news. The evening pundit fest is not. Conservatives know the difference. Liberals either don't.......or they just want something to whine and bitch about.

Of course you do realize that all the news copy that Shep reads comes from the same place as the news copy that all the other news people read, correct? The news is the news. The evening pundit fest is not. Conservatives know the difference. Liberals either don't.......or they just want something to whine and bitch about.

You're that stupid that you think political orientation determines cognitive facility?

Guess conservatives are just congenitally stupid then.

(/sarc)

I don't hate Fox News.

I thinks its funny that statistics have shown that people who watch Fox News are less informed, than people who watch no news at all.

I think it's funny that liberals find this man and his fellow networkmates to be profound in thought, ideology and statement. You're welcome to your being "informed".......but I'll pass.

[ame=http://youtu.be/ggHWRpsMEmk]Al Sharpton Versus The Teleprompter - YouTube[/ame]

You're that stupid that you think political orientation determines cognitive facility?

(/sarc)

It seems to be the liberals "go to" argument. I thought turn about was fair play.

I don't hate Fox News.

I think it's funny that liberals find this man and his fellow networkmates to be profound in thought, ideology and statement. You're welcome to your being "informed".......but I'll pass.

[ame=http://youtu.be/ggHWRpsMEmk]Al Sharpton Versus The Teleprompter - YouTube[/ame]

Too bad you didn't 'pass' when Fallacy Claus came down your chimney...

strawman.jpg

Last edited:

(/sarc)

It seems to be the liberals "go to" argument. I thought turn about was fair play.

It is. It's what I just did.

Duh?

Forum List

Back