what do Browns injuries say about the actual shots fired...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This may have appeared in another thread but this author looks at the actual wounds and talks about what they tell us about brows position and the officers shooting...

Stephen Hunter Thoughts on Ferguson Power Line

Finally, I note that much has been made of the fact that Brown was shot six times, as if that’s somehow relevant. A man shooting in defense of his life, police officer, soldier, or citizen, will shoot until his adversary is down. Many–but not Officer Wilson–will then shoot him a couple of more times on the ground, to make certain. People who think six is “a lot” are not familiar with the speed at which a reasonably trained shooter can fire six times with a semi-automatic pistol. The answer is less than two seconds. I bet I could do it in less than one.

Thus any insistence that Michael Brown was shot with his hands up or an inordinate number of times is simply unsupportable by the known facts. It should not be assumed or repeated in any journalism that considers itself informed and unbiased. One of the saddest aspects of contemporary journalism–I worked on great newspapers for 38 years–is that almost no one on staff knows a single fact about things that go bang in the night. Some can’t tell an earplug from a rubber bullet or a semi-automatic from a full-automatic. Thus reportage on shooting incidents is always woefully flawed by ignorance and the public is ill-served, as in this disgraceful case.

Last edited:
This writer does not know the entire forensic evidence yet is reporting his, ahem, unbiased report on the shooting incident...

Actually, he just talks about the placement of bullets from the autopsy report that the parent's expert signed off on...as well as what the shot placement tells us about the shots and how they were probably fired...

This writer does not know the entire forensic evidence yet is reporting his, ahem, unbiased report on the shooting incident...

Saw a report on our local news about a shooting in our area recently. The officer shot 6 shots in 1.5 seconds, and the instructor called him an average shot.

an average shot for those who practice such.

A lot of cops NEVER practice and their guns are not much m ore than potentially lethal paper weights.

Forum List

Back