What did Joe Biden do to cause so much inflation, and what should Joe Biden do to curb inflation?

He sent out stimulus checks and pushed through a huge tax cut to pump more money into the economy.

I'm not sure the answer to either. Let's discuss.
The inflation was inevitable. Could his spending have exacerbated it? Definitely possible, but this was going to happen.

We had poured (because we pretty much had to) about $11 TRILLION total into markets in response to the Meltdown, and we all knew that it was going to cause inflation down the road. We kept interest rates artificially low for the same reason. Then COVID hit and global supply chains collapsed when global demand exploded coming out of the lockdowns. Then the goddamn Fed was about a year late in addressing the inflation adequately. By that time, the inflation had begun to feed on itself and we were screwed.

It was going to happen. The Fed has done a very good job since then, VERY good, which mitigates how pissed off I am that they waited so damn long.

Inflation could easily remain below 3.0% for 2024, and we could also have very solid growth with it. No one can predict it, though.

He sent out stimulus checks and pushed through a huge tax cut to pump more money into the economy.
Biden does not claim he cut taxes. Biden claims he increased them. What role did congress play in the stimulus checks? Anybody know?

I'm not sure the answer to either. Let's discuss.
Anything and everything that increases worker wages and helps the environment increases inflation. Also, Covid lockdowns and payments to people for not working and stopping rent payments and adding to the national debt increases inflation. Unfortunately, there is no time machine to reverse what Democrats have already done but we can sure as hell stop future similar nonsense.

Trump and Biden both pored [sic] trillions into the economy BECAUSE IT WAS NECESSARY
That money has largely shake. Itself out of the economy.
Inflation is under control now

Do you understand that it is impossible for government to “pour money into the economy”? Government cannot give out any wealth without first taking it. Any money that government puts into the economy, is money that it first took out of the economy, minus the cut that government takes to line its own pockets.

Last edited:
The inflation was inevitable. Could his spending have exacerbated it? Definitely possible, but this was going to happen.

We had poured (because we pretty much had to) about $11 TRILLION total into markets in response to the Meltdown, and we all knew that it was going to cause inflation down the road. We kept interest rates artificially low for the same reason. Then COVID hit and global supply chains collapsed when global demand exploded coming out of the lockdowns. Then the goddamn Fed was about a year late in addressing the inflation adequately. By that time, the inflation had begun to feed on itself and we were screwed.

It was going to happen. The Fed has done a very good job since then, VERY good, which mitigates how pissed off I am that they waited so damn long.

Inflation could easily remain below 3.0% for 2024, and we could also have very solid growth with it. No one can predict it, though.
Figures you presented are not accurate.
Take just your 11 Trillion dollars claim...

This law, called the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act and nicknamed the CARES Act or Phase Three, appropriated $2.3 trillion for many different efforts: One-time, direct cash payment of $1,200 per person plus $500 per child.

U.S. COVID-19 Stimulus and Relief - Investopedia​

Do you understand that it is impossible for government to “pour money into the economy”? Government cannot give out any wealth without first taking it. Any money that government puts into the economy, is money that it first took out of the economy, minus the cut that government takes to line its own pockets.
Democrats would learn economics if they would read the books we have already read.

Figures you presented are not accurate.
Take just your 11 Trillion dollars claim...

This law, called the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act and nicknamed the CARES Act or Phase Three, appropriated $2.3 trillion for many different efforts: One-time, direct cash payment of $1,200 per person plus $500 per child.

U.S. COVID-19 Stimulus and Relief - Investopedia

Clearly you don't know what I'm talking about: Quantitative Easing, the Fed's purchasing of about $9 trillion in shit assets to prop up the economy under Obama and Trump. As we know, Trump also begged the Fed for even MORE, even though it was inflationary and he didn't care.

And, in 2019, the NY Fed had to pour another $2 trillion into short term credit markets because they froze up.

That's what happened.

Trump and Biden both pored trillions into the economy BECAUSE IT WAS NECESSARY

That money has largely shake. Itself out of the economy.

Inflation is under control now
I am ready for some deflation of food prices, fuel prices and many other prices. Biden won't work on that. But the ass brags he cut drug prices which makes me wonder if he did, why did my drug prices go up?

Forum List

Back