what color skin did adam and eve have......

We are in agreement then. So science based in human reasoning vs. a faith in an omnipotent God, there is no clear winner but what you choose. It is subjective in a way.

I agree with you to a certain extent. But, like I wrote, science has shown results, which, in my opinion, lends it some credibility.

What I don't understand is the complete distrust of science, or should I write, scientists. Many religious people seem to think that scientists have some ulterior motive in causing doubt for those who live by religious faith. That, to me, is on par with conspiracy theories.

Of course, but my whole point was that it has its failings and to "trust" in science as it were, because it is more concrete and therefore better than religion, is subjective and open to further debate and conclusions. Personally, I put trust in both of them at the same time. Can't go wrong there, and besides, it doesn't really have to contradict unlike what the contemporary thinking of today.

I can respect that you put trust in both. What do you do when your trust in science contradicts your religious beliefs? Or does that happen?

Another thing we could discuss is when science and religion supposedly butt heads. Perhaps it is because people take the Bible too literally and fail to see the main point or context of any of the Books in the OT and NT.

From my liberal/agnostic stand point I can think of only a few instances where science and religion really differ and that's mostly in creation vs. science's hypotheses (big bang theory; and evolution - which isn't a hypothesis or theory, by the way, Natural Selection in a theory to explain evolution). And it also seems to me, like it does to you, that it comes from too literal a translation of the Bible. But, didn't the Catholic church accept the Big Band theory or was it evolution? One or the other, or both, I can't remember. Are there others of which I'm not aware?

And the powers of that are indeed fallible. And science is not used in war? Religion may to blame for the acts of its adherents (causing them to think like they might), but when it's adherents use it for human means, is it religion's fault? Example would be the Pope during the Middle Ages and Renaissance (the whole Catholic order and hierarchy, it's garbage, why I am not a Catholic).

I know what you mean in your statement about science being used in war, and I concede to that point (nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons...sheesh!). But you know that I meant that science hasn't been used, real science, for purposes of antagonism for war. And perhaps your right, is it religion's fault? Maybe not. I will think on that more. But what I can say is that there is certainly a difference between rational and irrational thinking/actions, and any religion has a great number of irrational thinkers. Not that all scientists are rational.

Your last statement, I think that is perhaps why many people love science over religion, it gives them control and soothes the human ego that they have ultimate truth and knowledge. It's not always the case, or we just don't always see it on the outside, but perhaps, subconsciously, it is.

You know, I do love science. I'm fascinated by new discoveries and new knowledge. But I don't think we will ever have a concrete ultimate truth, since we gather all information through are senses and use our minds to synthesize that information which isn't reality. And maybe if we knew the ultimate truth life would lose its mystery. That wouldn't be any fun.

Why I have so much passion about this subject is because I perceive that religion has played a big negative role in my own life. I know it has in others' lives as well. I don't think people should stop being spiritual. I am, but in a humanistic sense. I just think people should stop imposing their religious beliefs on others. I know Christians would hate to be made to wear Orthodox Jewish garb, or burkas. But, I also can't think of any instances upon which Christians in the US have had their freedom of religion infringed.

By the way, I appreciate your candor and your politeness. Its good to discuss things without calling eachother fascists, or idiots, or whatever. Its rare here and I thank you for it.

The first people were black not Olive color. The so called Middle East was orignally part of Africa. But through out centuries past, people turn into an olive complextion by mixing with each other and changed it to the "middle east" country. Just like mixed people today, they want their own identity.

Adam & Eve were not black. They are made up by the white man. Genetic Mutation.

There was people here BEFORE Adam & Eve. Read your bible.... carefully.

Forum List

Back