what color skin did adam and eve have......

Then, in the genesis story....it all laid out like a simple play in the right order from scene to scene....not the 6 days thing...which is a human misinterpretation....mainly because God indicates that a day of his time could be like a thousand years of our time....that is a metaphor to say that OUR interpretation of TIME, IS NOT HIS TIME....

I have heard this excuse from countless religious people over the years and its total BS. Is this not the all mighty perfect god that you have all spoken of repeatedly? How is it that god made such a stupid mistake like that? God would know what language man used and when he spoke to man, he would use that language. To say a day is a thousand years to god is absurd, because a day is only 24 hours, you know that, i know that, and certainly a perfect all powerful being like god would know that. Its a simple word with a simple definition. Of all beings, God should be the ultimate communicator. Communicating should never be a problemn for a perfect being that created everything. Furthermore, in order for god to know the word "day" in the first place, that means he would have had to learn english, in which case he would know the correct meaning of the word....unless you are telling me he made a mistake and just forgot?

However, lets assume you are right, and god just miscommunicated.....what does that say about the rest of the things god supposedly told man? How many other words does he have different definitions for? What does that say about the 10 commandments? How many words were wrong there? Does the word "not" in the ten commandments actually mean "must"?

You can ask any random retarded child on the stret what the meaning of the word day is, and ill garuntee they wont have a problem with it. Why should i believe that an all powerful entity cant understand something so simple?

i didn't make this up....the Bible does say that God's day is not our day....there was no miscommunication....the Bible WAS NEVER MEANT to be a science book godboy, those religious higherarchy that tried to take it as such, later on....were proven wrong, time and time again on their own interpretations.... this was arrogance of humans not the fault of God....we all have freewill....this was not taken from us?

Besides the fact that this story in genesis is related to numerology, of yester year....

6= man's number, one shy of 7 or less than God,

7= God's number, stands for complete

10= governments

11= antichrist along with 666...man's number multiplied

just all kinds of stuff like that which has been lost over the years in translation unless you dig down deep to get in to it....

i am not saying a day of God's time equals 1000yrs ....the bible states such in a later book of the bible about something else....

what this tells us is that to God, a day of his time IS LIKE a thousand years to us....MEANING, ....since he is the beginning and the end, time is of no essence to him....we cant relate to his time....a thousand years to us, is beyond our lifetime...

people fail to recognize numerology and symbolism, because we have let this aspect of our lives pass along, but this was not the case at the time of the bible writings...their numerology was very symbolic and very important.

then also, as i said, i saw a science special that said our early earth ''day'' was much much much longer than our ''day'' of today....

care

Ok, let me get this straight. Upon Adam and Eves creation, he must have divinely given them the knowledge of a language, i mean how else would he communicate the that business about eating the evil snakes fruit? He would have also had to teach Adam and Eve how to write and given them materials to write on that would last long enough for this story to be discovered by other men long after Adam and Eve were dead. After going through all that trouble, youd think God would make sure to use the correct words. Wait, it was HIS language that he gave them, so how could he get his OWN words wrong?

i am not saying a day of God's time equals 1000yrs ....the bible states such in a later book of the bible about something else....

If this were true, how is it that men living thousands of years AFTER Adam and Eve were dead, knew more about Gods conversation explaining his weird penchant for using words incorrectly? The exact words used in any discussion dont become clearer after thousands of years, it has the opposite effect. How many of you can remember word for word the conversations you had last year?

Last edited:
I have heard this excuse from countless religious people over the years and its total BS. Is this not the all mighty perfect god that you have all spoken of repeatedly? How is it that god made such a stupid mistake like that? God would know what language man used and when he spoke to man, he would use that language. To say a day is a thousand years to god is absurd, because a day is only 24 hours, you know that, i know that, and certainly a perfect all powerful being like god would know that. Its a simple word with a simple definition. Of all beings, God should be the ultimate communicator. Communicating should never be a problemn for a perfect being that created everything. Furthermore, in order for god to know the word "day" in the first place, that means he would have had to learn english, in which case he would know the correct meaning of the word....unless you are telling me he made a mistake and just forgot?

However, lets assume you are right, and god just miscommunicated.....what does that say about the rest of the things god supposedly told man? How many other words does he have different definitions for? What does that say about the 10 commandments? How many words were wrong there? Does the word "not" in the ten commandments actually mean "must"?

You can ask any random retarded child on the stret what the meaning of the word day is, and ill garuntee they wont have a problem with it. Why should i believe that an all powerful entity cant understand something so simple?

i didn't make this up....the Bible does say that God's day is not our day....there was no miscommunication....the Bible WAS NEVER MEANT to be a science book godboy, those religious higherarchy that tried to take it as such, later on....were proven wrong, time and time again on their own interpretations.... this was arrogance of humans not the fault of God....we all have freewill....this was not taken from us?

Besides the fact that this story in genesis is related to numerology, of yester year....

6= man's number, one shy of 7 or less than God,

7= God's number, stands for complete

10= governments

11= antichrist along with 666...man's number multiplied

just all kinds of stuff like that which has been lost over the years in translation unless you dig down deep to get in to it....

what this tells us is that to God, a day of his time IS LIKE a thousand years to us....MEANING, ....since he is the beginning and the end, time is of no essence to him....we cant relate to his time....a thousand years to us, is beyond our lifetime...

people fail to recognize numerology and symbolism, because we have let this aspect of our lives pass along, but this was not the case at the time of the bible writings...their numerology was very symbolic and very important.

then also, as i said, i saw a science special that said our early earth ''day'' was much much much longer than our ''day'' of today....

care

Ok, let me get this straight. Upon Adam and Eves creation, he must have divinely given them the knowledge of a language, i mean how else would he communicate the that business about eating the evil snakes fruit? He would have also had to teach Adam and Eve how to write and given them materials to write on that would last long enough for this story to be discovered by other men long after Adam and Eve were dead. After going through all that trouble, youd think God would make sure to use the correct words. Wait, it was HIS language that he gave them, so how could he get his OWN words wrong?

If this were true, how is it that men living thousands of years AFTER Adam and Eve were dead, knew more about Gods conversation explaining his weird penchant for using words incorrectly? The exact words used in any discussion dont become clearer after thousands of years, it has the opposite effect. How many of you can remember word for word the conversations you had last year?

i don't know....

i think that things like the noah story and gilgamesh story which is much older than the noah story and other fllood stories are one and the same....passed on from generation to generation, much like the indians in the americas did....in the beginning, by word of mouth...later through symbols or h- glifs....and i do not rule out visions given to the scribes or the ones putting it down in to words....or scripture.

don't get too shook up godboy, i am perfectly fine with you not accepting any of this...we all have our own freewill given to us by God in my opinion, so who am I to take that away from you?

care

Tough to produce non-retarded offspring from only one coupling. So, if A & E were a metaphor for multiple couples that were the first 'truly human' species as we know it - they likely still were in hot climates and would have darker skin... though why skin that clearly absorbs more light (than lighter skin that clearly reflects more light) was the genetic response to hot, sunny environs is weird.

And assuming they were instantly created as adults like it says in Genesis, no belly button, and likely lacking in fine motor skills.

Interestingly enough, there is a place in the Bible (just before the Flood), where it says that "the sons of God came down and mated with the daughters of men".

Now.......take that just a little farther.........

What if the Sons of God actually DID come down and take wives here on Earth?

Makes the whole Genesis story easier to understand, and no, inbreeding wasn't required.

Hmmmm.........mebbe all humans are part alien! Telepathy, teleportation, astral projection.......

The horizon is endless.......

Good point Manu. Blond hair and blue eyes are BOTH recessive traits, which means that it takes 2 blue eyed people to make a blue eyed child.

And that's just the scientific evidence...........

God's Chosen People were the Hebrews, who descended from Abraham. Now, they weren't so much chosen for their tribe being favored, they were chosen because of their ancestor. And......because God had so much favor with Abraham, he blessed him, and said that they would be His Chosen People. Most Hebrews are white. And, there are also references in the Torah that state God couldn't tell Abraham or his children (at least until Sinai) that they were going to receive the Torah. And.....it wasn't because of what Moses did, it was because of what Abraham did.

Ask a Rabbi sometime.......

Nope.....I personally think that Adam and Eve were white.

Then, if there is no such thing as evolution, why are there black, yellow, brown, and red people, among all the other colors people can be?

ugh, I had a long reponse and it was deleted somehow...

Interesting stuff posted on homo erectus and homo sapiens.....

As someone who does "believe" in a creator and a "thereafter" even though I know none of it makes sense, none of it can be proved, and all of it seems just illogical on the one hand, yet on the other hand...the inner me, just can't knock it...the inner me is dead set on believing it ALL...

and that inner me knows it is true....don't ask me how? I never had really religious parents though we did attend church on Sundays... I never went to Sunday school or Catechism to any degree of consistency because we moved so much...never could catch up all the schooling missed...never went to Catholic schools...

i didn't even really know what I did believe or didn't believe about the different Christian Doctrines...nada, niente, nothing, zilch....until i was in my 30's and i got a great yearning to learn more....or to read the Bible and any text I could on religions, not just christianity....and I suppose, one could call it a transformation....something happened inside...boom, that was it....i just knew I believed in God and believed He came to us via His Son....

very, very, very strange.... Been dead set on believing ever since and nothing, absolutely nothing can take that away....no logic...none.... weird, I KNOWWWWW!!!!!!! But so true.... hahahahahaha!

I was raised Catholic though my father was not, my mother was... so those who were raised Catholic will understand, I had no understanding of what being 'born again' meant, it is just not a term Catholics use frequently....but if i were to describe the event or the turn around...."born again" fits what happened....I don't know if it was some sort of brain washing, I don't believe so because this conversion of mine took place when I was alone, not involved with any church or church denomination and I still do not belong to a so called "established church"?

Brainwashing wouldn't be the only way to reject rationality in favor of faith. People do lie to themselves to make themselves feel better. Being alone would make one especially vulnerable to feeling a subconscious or conscious need to comfort oneself with faith.

First let me say that I believe it is possible, that the Bible has lost alot in translation and in books and is possible the Bible is just one (conglomeration)Book that covers some of the History of mankind, from the beginning...I am not dead set that the Bible is the "end all and be all" and no other ancient books out there matter...

But earlier in your post you spoke of the Son, suggesting you're a Christian. If the Bible is not the perfect word of god, then how could a just god expect obedience or love?

shoot, i believe there is an Atlantis, though not found yet, because some author of the past...wrote a story about it in a book.... why not other ancient writings? :)

Atlantis is almost certainly an embelished/exagerrated version of something that actually happened thousands of years before it was written down, most likely the destruction of the Minoan civilization.

There are some things in the Bible that seem God inspired to me....for example there were a group of religious people arguing that there were only "X" amount of planets and stars in the sky....and the astronomy or astrology of the day also thought and expressed the knowledge of knowing the Star count....but then, in the Bible it states that the stars and planets in the universe are soooo many that they can not be counted....

The "science" of the day said that they could be counted and the arrogance of the day said that they could be counted....but the Bible stated that they ALL could not be counted.

One passage of the Bible says that David's descendents will be countless like stars and sand. A very similar passage referring to Abraham says his descendents will be equal to the number of stars in the sky. Other passages equate stars with meteors and comets. The writers of the Bible had no idea what stars were and only knew there were a lot of them. Here's a counterexample:

Deuteronomy 10:21-22 (New International Version)
21 He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. 22 Your forefathers who went down into Egypt were seventy in all, and now the LORD your God has made you as numerous as the stars in the sky.
BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Poetic in a 3rd grade sense I suppose, but not accurate.

Then, in the genesis story....it all laid out like a simple play in the right order from scene to scene....not the 6 days thing...which is a human misinterpretation....mainly because God indicates that a day of his time could be like a thousand years of our time....that is a metaphor to say that OUR interpretation of TIME, IS NOT HIS TIME....so why Christians try to insist that it was all done in 6 (24 HOUR) days is beyond me....though i did see a program on a science channel the other day that was saying that "in the beginning" what we call a day on earth, were much much much longer than a 24hr day due to our original distance from the sun and some other things.....so, who really knows, i could be wrong and the 6 day thing will all turn out to be correct? :)

but just the sequence of the genesis story IS THE SCIENTIFIC sequence as well, only in very simple terms....

No... not really. For example:
The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite.

SAB, Science and History in Genesis

Even gathering the waters from our galaxy...think about it, our other planets have signs of having water at one time, but no real water now?

Europa (moon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a habitable zone that is specific to the star/s in question based upon the generally unfounded assumption that life can only exist where there's liquid water on the surface due to energy from a star. Mars is just beyond the edge of this zone for our star, and it had liquid water at one point probably due to a combination of contributers in addition to sunlight like volcanic activity, an impact, or a larger moon that created tidal heat. But its weak gravity could not hold on to a thick atmosphere. Earth is the only planet in our solar system in that zone, but there are many other systems in the galaxy. Another alternate heating source, such as that produced in massive moons around massive planets as in the case of Europa. They are pretty sure there's liquid water there, but don't know about life yet.

then we have Genesis, chapter 2....this creation story seems to contradict the first genesis story....here it says that God formed man, and then formed Eve out of man's rib....i see the rib thing as a metaphor....but scientifically, women can be made out of man, because men carry the X and the Y chromosone and women ONLY carry the X or XX....so, once again, the Bible got it correct, at least with the possibilities of women coming out of man, because there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY that man came out of women because women DO NOT CARRY THE Y chromosone....how'd they know that back then???

That would be a flip of the coin weighted towards the sexist side that doesn't make up for other inaccuracies in the Bible. XY-sex determination originated before mammals but is present in most mammals today, one of many things we inherited from evolutionary ancestors. Less closely related animals use different systems such as ZW (birds, heterozygous = female), and X0 (bees, monozygous = male). Preceding these systems sex was determined by things like environment and organisms using that system still exist today.

Anyway, the story goes on in genesis saying that this couple, adam and eve, "ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil"....now, I don't know what that means....but what if scientifically this relates to the beginning of Homo Sapiens...the beginning of humans having the larger brain, certainly relates to us gaining knowledge!!!! so once again, scientifically, the Bible's genesis stories make sense and can fit with what we are establishing in science.

Except the implication of the story is that knowledge is bad and obedience is good.

I think people are too quick to disregard the Bible and saying it is full of crap type of stuff...the Bible is intriguing imo...and fits with Science much more than Christians and others like Athiests give credit for in my opinion.

Intriguing like the Iliad, I suppose. :razz:

Last edited:
ugh, I had a long reponse and it was deleted somehow...
I'm sorry you lost your longer response, that has happened to me before and it is very frustrating

Interesting stuff posted on homo erectus and homo sapiens.....

As someone who does "believe" in a creator and a "thereafter" even though I know none of it makes sense, none of it can be proved, and all of it seems just illogical on the one hand, yet on the other hand...the inner me, just can't knock it...the inner me is dead set on believing it ALL...

and that inner me knows it is true....don't ask me how? I never had really religious parents though we did attend church on Sundays... I never went to Sunday school or Catechism to any degree of consistency because we moved so much...never could catch up all the schooling missed...never went to Catholic schools...

i didn't even really know what I did believe or didn't believe about the different Christian Doctrines...nada, niente, nothing, zilch....until i was in my 30's and i got a great yearning to learn more....or to read the Bible and any text I could on religions, not just christianity....and I suppose, one could call it a transformation....something happened inside...boom, that was it....i just knew I believed in God and believed He came to us via His Son....

very, very, very strange.... Been dead set on believing ever since and nothing, absolutely nothing can take that away....no logic...none.... weird, I KNOWWWWW!!!!!!! But so true.... hahahahahaha!

I was raised Catholic though my father was not, my mother was... so those who were raised Catholic will understand, I had no understanding of what being 'born again' meant, it is just not a term Catholics use frequently....but if i were to describe the event or the turn around...."born again" fits what happened....I don't know if it was some sort of brain washing, I don't believe so because this conversion of mine took place when I was alone, not involved with any church or church denomination and I still do not belong to a so called "established church"?

Brainwashing wouldn't be the only way to reject rationality in favor of faith. People do lie to themselves to make themselves feel better. Being alone would make one especially vulnerable to feeling a subconscious or conscious need to comfort oneself with faith.

I was not alone, i was happily married....I was just not part of an established church or bible study or anything like that...

and in addition to this, my personality can not handle things that just don;t seem feasible...as example, my husband laughs his butt off watching movies like AIRPLANE, and I just don't because AIRPLANE was too unrealistic, it wasn't possible to happen....so it just wasn't funny to me....it has to have the possibility in being real or I just don't click with it...

it wasn't really until I saw STAR WARS before I could even accept any of the SCIFI stuff out there....but because Star Wars/empire/jedi all seemed feasible some day, the movies were enjoyable, EXCEPT the bar scene with all the different creatures drinking....that part I fast forward over because my mind sees it as ridiculous.....I'm telling ya, I am a MATH brained type of gal....not one that believes in unrealistic Fairy tales....

but i believe in this? Honestly, it is as surprising to me as it would be for the best of skeptics.

First let me say that I believe it is possible, that the Bible has lost alot in translation and in books and is possible the Bible is just one (conglomeration)Book that covers some of the History of mankind, from the beginning...I am not dead set that the Bible is the "end all and be all" and no other ancient books out there matter...

But earlier in your post you spoke of the Son, suggesting you're a Christian. If the Bible is not the perfect word of god, then how could a just god expect obedience or love?

Why does the Bible have to be the PERFECT word of God in order for God to be a just God?

Even the Bible itself gives warning about one word being taken out or one part having words added in to it.....and what the fate of those that mess with it, will receive....THAT right there tells us all that MAN would mess with it in my opinion....

then the Bible goes on to say that we need to TEST scripture to see if it is truth, if it is truth it comes from God, then another part tells us to put scripture against scripture in order to make certain it is true or consistent, if it isn't consistent with other scripture, then we are not getting the meaning correctly or it is not from God...

then there is warnings about false prophets and false doctrine....

All I am saying is that in many instances the Bible indicates that Scripture was going to be messed around with and we need to be careful with what we believe to be true.

Atlantis is almost certainly an embelished/exagerrated version of something that actually happened thousands of years before it was written down, most likely the destruction of the Minoan civilization.

it's possible that it was embellished long after it happened, when writen by Homer....just as the story of TROY...but guess what, arcaeologists have now found the city of troy...

The point is that Homer wrote about troy and atlantis in the iliad/odyssey centuries after the events occurred and if it was not passed down by word of mouth from generation to generation we would not have known about it through Homer....sure it could be embellished, but a true story, NONE THE LESS.

The same could be the case with the written scripture of the different books of the Bible...we have given Homer the benefit of the doubt, searched for troy and atlantis for centuries now...

One passage of the Bible says that David's descendents will be countless like stars and sand. A very similar passage referring to Abraham says his descendents will be equal to the number of stars in the sky. Other passages equate stars with meteors and comets. The writers of the Bible had no idea what stars were and only knew there were a lot of them. Here's a counterexample:

BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Poetic in a 3rd grade sense I suppose, but not accurate.

Then, in the genesis story....it all laid out like a simple play in the right order from scene to scene....not the 6 days thing...which is a human misinterpretation....mainly because God indicates that a day of his time could be like a thousand years of our time....that is a metaphor to say that OUR interpretation of TIME, IS NOT HIS TIME....so why Christians try to insist that it was all done in 6 (24 HOUR) days is beyond me....though i did see a program on a science channel the other day that was saying that "in the beginning" what we call a day on earth, were much much much longer than a 24hr day due to our original distance from the sun and some other things.....so, who really knows, i could be wrong and the 6 day thing will all turn out to be correct?

but just the sequence of the genesis story IS THE SCIENTIFIC sequence as well, only in very simple terms....

No... not really. For example:
The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite.

NOOOO, genesis says the heavens were created before the earth.

PLANTS did occur according to our science before animals, same in genesis, so i have no idea what this is talking about?

It also states we had our Sun before our Moon...and i believe this is what science says as well... about our formation

SAB, Science and History in Genesis

Europa (moon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a habitable zone that is specific to the star/s in question based upon the generally unfounded assumption that life can only exist where there's liquid water on the surface due to energy from a star. Mars is just beyond the edge of this zone for our star, and it had liquid water at one point probably due to a combination of contributers in addition to sunlight like volcanic activity, an impact, or a larger moon that created tidal heat. But its weak gravity could not hold on to a thick atmosphere. Earth is the only planet in our solar system in that zone, but there are many other systems in the galaxy. Another alternate heating source, such as that produced in massive moons around massive planets as in the case of Europa. They are pretty sure there's liquid water there, but don't know about life yet.

And...? also, i beg to differ that astrology(which was more like astronomy of today), was not a key part of societies at that time and that they thought they knew the number of stars and planets at the time....

That would be a flip of the coin weighted towards the sexist side that doesn't make up for other inaccuracies in the Bible. XY-sex determination originated before mammals but is present in most mammals today, one of many things we inherited from evolutionary ancestors. Less closely related animals use different systems such as ZW (birds, heterozygous = female), and X0 (bees, monozygous = male). Preceding these systems sex was determined by things like environment and organisms using that system still exist today.
I can NOT stress enough that the Bible was NEVER, EVER meant to be a Science Book...never!!!! Why people try to make it out to be a science book is beyond me.

I don't see it as sexist, I see it as FEASIBLE....it would be unfeasible for man to come out of woman, with her XX.

Anyway, the story goes on in genesis saying that this couple, adam and eve, "ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil"....now, I don't know what that means....but what if scientifically this relates to the beginning of Homo Sapiens...the beginning of humans having the larger brain, certainly relates to us gaining knowledge!!!! so once again, scientifically, the Bible's genesis stories make sense and can fit with what we are establishing in science.

Except the implication of the story is that knowledge is bad and obedience is good.

Is that how YOU take it? Homo erectus had it good, being dumber and homo sapiens became to big for their britches and evil prevailed?

I think people are too quick to disregard the Bible and saying it is full of crap type of stuff...the Bible is intriguing imo...and fits with Science much more than Christians and others like Athiests give credit for in my opinion.

Intriguing like the Iliad, I suppose. :razz:

Yep, I suppose..... :lol:

Good point Manu. Blond hair and blue eyes are BOTH recessive traits, which means that it takes 2 blue eyed people to make a blue eyed child.

God's Chosen People were the Hebrews, who descended from Abraham. Now, they weren't so much chosen for their tribe being favored, they were chosen because of their ancestor. And......because God had so much favor with Abraham, he blessed him, and said that they would be His Chosen People. Most Hebrews are white. And, there are also references in the Torah that state God couldn't tell Abraham or his children (at least until Sinai) that they were going to receive the Torah. And.....it wasn't because of what Moses did, it was because of what Abraham did.

Then, if there is no such thing as evolution, why are there black, yellow, brown, and red people, among all the other colors people can be?

there is evolution....skin colors did change....there is nothing in science that can tell us if adam was white.....but what science has shown us, through DNA testing, is that all men have come from ONE man...a "Scientific Adam".....

so those that are black, those that are asian, those that are white, those that are brown, that had their DNA traced, showed that they all had the SAME RELATIVE, many many many moons ago, regardless of their skin color....they had the same ancestor...

care

why are they and jesus always show with white skin......wasn'tthe garden of eden in the middle east and was not jesus born there....

wouldn't they have all been darked skinned.....

is being white a genetic mutation......

What is this "always" stuff? How they're depicted depends on who the artist is doing the painting. So which pictures are you referring to?

why are they and jesus always show with white skin......wasn'tthe garden of eden in the middle east and was not jesus born there....

giving the fact that the first human came from africa I am sure they were black! And being white just has to do with the fact that we came from a colder climate with less sun and need more Vitamin D. White skinned probably happened when humans moved to colder climates, for one blue eyes have only been around for 10,000 years.

So every person living on the continent of Africa is black? I'm thinking there are a lot of people in the northern parts of Africa who would be surprised to hear that.

Darker? Maybe a bit tanned but not darker by much. As for Adam and Eve since they were created they could have been any color and lived anywhere. Where Eden was is irrelevant.

And if we're talking about the Biblical Adam and Eve, we also need to consider that the climate in the Garden of Eden before the fall of man might very well not have been the same as the climate in that area of the world after the fall. Adam and Eve could have started at just about any skin tone, and their descendents then gradually changed to adjust to wherever they were living.

Adam and Eve did not exist, in my opinion, but Jesus was likely of dark complexion.

How do you know Jesus existed? There are no writings about him during the time in which he was alive. Everything weve ever found that spoke about him was 60 years after he supposedly died.

Your telling me that there was this miracle man who was able cure the blind, heal the sick, walk on water, turn water into wine, and a host of other wizardly type powers, yet not a single of the world scholars during his time ever wrote a word about him? Wouldnt a guy like this be the most popular man on earth? Furthermore, while this man could perform these miracles, im supposed to believe that other men tortured and crucified him anyway? If Jesus could do the things the bible claims he could do, there would be absolutely no dispute in anyones mind, and no primitive god fearing man back in those times would lay a finger on a magic man with thousands of followers who claim hes the son of god. The jews didnt believe he was the messiah? Are you kidding me? What other fucking proof would they have needed?

No, im sorry, but this story just doesnt add up. If all that other crap written about jesus is a lie, why should i believe any part of the story? At this point, theres more proof that he DIDNT exist, than he did.

Because you wouldn't want to consider the possibility that Jesus was a real historical figure around whom stories and legends grew, just as an example. Clearly, if followers and devotees of a person tell outrageous stories about him after his death, that must mean that person never really existed at all. :cuckoo:

Please do not confuse microevolution with macroevolution. They aren't the same thing, and the existence of one does not prove the existence of the other.

Question: "What are Y-Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve?"

Answer: “Y-Chromosomal Adam” and “Mitochondrial Eve” are the scientifically-proven theories that every man alive today is descended from a single man and every man and woman alive today is descended from a single woman.

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. One of those pairs, known as the sex chromosomes (because they determine gender), consists of two X chromosomes in females, and one X-chromosome, one Y-chromosome in males. Girls receive one of their X-chromosomes from their mother and the other from their father. Boys receive the X only from their mother and the Y only from their father. Therefore, the Y-chromosome is passed directly from father to son. Because of this, scientists are able to trace male ancestry.

In 1995, the journal Science published the results of a study in which a segment of the human Y-chromosome from 38 men from different ethnic groups were analyzed for variation (Dorit, R.L., Akashi, H. and Gilbert, W. 1995. “Absence of polymorphism at the ZFY locus on the human Y chromosome.” Science 268:1183–1185). The segment of the Y-chromosome consisted of 729 base pairs. To their surprise, the researchers found no variation at all. Their conclusion was that the human race must have experienced a genetic bottleneck sometime in the not too distant past. Further research was done and it was determined that every man alive today actually descended from a single man who scientists now refer to as “Y-Chromosomal Adam.”

Mitochondrial Eve takes it a step further. While Y-chromosomes are only passed down from father to son, mitochondrial-DNA is passed down from mother to both daughter and son. Because mitochondrial-DNA is only passed on by the mother and never the father, mitochondrial-DNA lineage is the same as maternal lineage. Knowing this, scientists have found that every human alive today can trace their ancestry back to a single woman who they now refer to as “Mitochondrial Eve.” While Y-Chromosomal Adam is believed to be the ancestor of every living man, Mitochondrial Eve is believed to be the mother of all living humans, male and female.

It is important to note that this does not prove that Y-Chromosomal Adam was the only man alive before he started having children. This only proves that his descendents are the only ones to have survived. Likewise, Mitochondrial Eve was not necessarily the only woman alive before having children. Rather, all we know for sure is that she is at least one of the ancestors of all living humans. While other contemporaries of her may or may not figure into the ancestry of living humans, we can at least say that none of their mitochondrial-DNA has survived.

Scientists who share the Darwinian bias naturally presume that these two were not the only humans alive during their pre-child bearing lifetimes, while Biblical creationists naturally presume that they were. As for determining when these two actually lived respectively, the conventional perspective is founded upon uniformitarian assumptions which many creationists reject, and with fair reason. So there is disagreement there too. Naturally, the Darwinian timeframe is much longer (tens to hundreds of thousands of years), presuming an Old-Earth scenario, while the Young-Earth perspective is much shorter (less than ten thousand years). What we can say with fair certainty is that regardless of time frames and alleged contemporaries, every man alive today descended from one man while every human alive today descended from one woman.

What are Y-Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve?

Seen scrawled in lipstick on the bathroom wall of a genetic research mens' room stall:

My mitochondrial mother made me a homosexual

Also seen scrawled beneath the above:

If I buy her the carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen will she make me one, too?

either way it started with one original pair.....and who says the human race isn't retarded....

One original pair? What makes you say that?
Did white people start that way... after adapting to a new climate? Or was it a general thing happening to a population?

I say the originals were a group of evolving almost-humans... not one lucky pair who happened to hit it off.

either way it started with one original pair.....and who says the human race isn't retarded....

Did white people start that way... after adapting to a new climate? Or was it a general thing happening to a population?

I say the originals were a group of evolving almost-humans... not one lucky pair who happened to hit it off.

That is how it would seem to have happened to me. Some groups died out or got absorbed into others.

They say Neanderthals were still living in Europe when modern humans emigrated there.

That is how it would seem to have happened to me. Some groups died out or got absorbed into others.

They say Neanderthals were still living in Europe when modern humans emigrated there.
i saw that on a rerun Discovery channel special not long ago...as well as reading about it...

Darker? Maybe a bit tanned but not darker by much. As for Adam and Eve since they were created they could have been any color and lived anywhere. Where Eden was is irrelevant.

And if we're talking about the Biblical Adam and Eve, we also need to consider that the climate in the Garden of Eden before the fall of man might very well not have been the same as the climate in that area of the world after the fall. Adam and Eve could have started at just about any skin tone, and their descendents then gradually changed to adjust to wherever they were living.

This is ridiculous.

Adam and Eve are biblical mythology.

Please do not confuse microevolution with macroevolution. They aren't the same thing, and the existence of one does not prove the existence of the other.

Actually, it does. If there is any kind of evolution, one the mechanics of evolution: survival of the fittest, is random genetic mutations which just happen to benefit an organism's rate of survival and chances of reproduction. If this allows for a single species to diversify, as in human beings, dogs, and cats, etc. etc. then it also, over millions of years, allows for diversification of species into multiple species. Accordingly, when applied to the Book of Genesis in the Bible, how can evolution play a part if God created man in his own image? If there are so many different kinds of humans, which one is God's image? All of'em? Any of'em? If humans evolve, then does God's image also change?

And, more importantly, isn't somewhat silly to try and apply scientific reasoning to Biblical mythology? What about the devastation of Sodom and Ghomorra, and Lots wife changing into a pillar of sand? Or the myth about Noah and the Ark? Or Jesus' miracles? Or Moses parting the Red Sea?

If you're attempting to be logical, rational, and apply scientific reasoning to the Bible and Christian beliefs, isn't the most logical and rational (and the most simple) explanation that human beings developed most likely through evolution, and that Christianity (and all religious beliefs) are based on myth? It seems simpler that we don't understand the origins of the Universe, or our own species and all life, but, that it probably wasn't an all knowing, tough-loving, all powerful creator who only cares about human beings (despite all the potential for life having developed in other parts of the solar system, the galaxy, and the Universe), even though there thousands of other creation myths and religious beliefs, and that this creator sent his only son (despite the millions who call him Father) to die which in some way cleanses those who believe in him of sin, among the many other hypocrosies and illogical claims of the Christian faith (not to mention other religious faiths who also claim to have or will have a savior).

But since human beings operate rationally and irrationally, no amount of rational reasoning can persuade someone who is being irrational to stop being irrational. That's why there are scientists who believe in God - because, despite being what one might believe to be very rational people, in regard to perception of life and the Universe, they are thinking and operating irrationally. Religious belief stems from emotional thinking and feeling; not scientific, testable, provable, changeable, rational, and logical reasoning. We can't prove a God hypothesis. Especially from an ancient book of Jewish myths.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back