What are your thoughts on former cyclist Lance Armstrong? Do you like or dislike him?

iloverachel

Jun 20, 2020
Twenty years ago Lance Armstrong won his first of seven Tour de France titles and became a global icon.

Everyone knows the incredible story: He beat cancer and came back to win the preeminent bicycle race a record seven times in a row. He started a cancer foundation. He earned millions. He dated celebrities and became a celebrity. And eventually it all fell apart. He lied about his cheating. He attacked his critics. He tried to ruin people’s careers. Instead of being contrite he was vindictive. The US Anti-Doping Agency said Armstrong ran the most sophisticated doping program in the history of sports. He was barred for life from cycling.
1598218185732.png
Lance Armstrong has told Oprah Winfrey that the loss of his personal sponsors in the wake of the USADA report cost him $75 million in future income. In the second part of the interview, much of the theme was on the cost of his years of lies and denials, be it financial or otherwise. Long-time sponsors Nike, Oakley, Trek and Anheuser-Busch all jumped ship in October last year and finally, over two separate steps he lost his association with the cancer charity he founded in 1997, Livestrong. "I've certainly lost all future income," he admitted. "You could look at the day and a half where people left. I don't like thinking about it. But that was a... I don't know. That was a $75 million day."

I suspect that even with the millions of future income he lost that he has plenty on money to retire very comfortably and afford a trophy wife.

I saw a documentary on his life. Very interesting person but no I don't like him at all. He was extremely self-centered and treated people like shit. His competitive drive was super human but not a lot of good qualities in that guy IMO.

He cheated, so what to do? Give the record to the runner-up every year? Who's to say the runner-up didn't cheat, too?

He always was a piece of shit.

I especially hate the mother fucker because of the all the wanna be's that ride bikes all over the place like we're fucking France or some shit. These assholes are always in the way of traffic and act like the cars are violating their space.

Plus the mother fucker ran off on a loyal wife that helped him struggle through cancer, and then the one nut bastard runs off with that hideous moonbat Cheryl Crow. He is just another despicable liberal asswipe with no real talent or ability that ended up rich and famous in spite of that fact.

The Europeans did not consider Americans as anywhere near their abilities in cycling. They were like the Euro aristocrats that Progs now love because they are not to enamored with Trump. So when Armstrong brought it to them on their own turf for several years, it felt good to see a representative of our nation win. France was the spot. And he made it his home as the king. Then the allegations and then the confirmation of his illegal doping. Pro Sports in our nation has seen the same thing and we do not even know how many in the earlier years cheated and maybe won championships. Baseball will never be the same. For the old guys can never argue with each other who was the best in history or different times without interference from the steroid era. They killed it. Its now pure money. Damn the nostalgia.

He cheated, so what to do? Give the record to the runner-up every year? Who's to say the runner-up didn't cheat, too?

You had to dope if you didnt want to come last

More importantly for Lance Armstrong, during the 7-year window when he won every Tour de France (1999-2005), 87% of the top-10 finishers (61 of 70) were confirmed dopers or suspected of doping.

He is just another despicable liberal asswipe

Yep that also describes These guys down to a tee as well.
Barry Bonds,Mark McGuire,Roger Clemons,Sammy Sosa,Tom shady Brady,and Bill Belicheat. All cheating lying frauds that are not anywhere near as great as the media has painted them out to be cause they all disgraced their sport they played and tainted it and all have an asterisk next to their names.

Him I guess I can forgive sense the others were probably doing it as well as you said.the others I listed are all disgraceful sad excuses for a human being,that cannot be forgiven.

Barry Bonds,Mark McGuire,Roger Clemons,Sammy Sosa,Tom shady Brady,and Bill Belicheat. All cheating lying frauds that are not anywhere near as great as the media has painted them out to be cause they all disgraced their sport they played and tainted it and all have an asterisk next to their names.
Just curous what are your thoughts on arnold schwarsenegger, is he a fraud too? He used heaps of steroids and won the Mr Olympia 7 times

Twenty years ago Lance Armstrong won his first of seven Tour de France titles and became a global icon.

Everyone knows the incredible story: He beat cancer and came back to win the preeminent bicycle race a record seven times in a row. He started a cancer foundation. He earned millions. He dated celebrities and became a celebrity. And eventually it all fell apart. He lied about his cheating. He attacked his critics. He tried to ruin people’s careers. Instead of being contrite he was vindictive. The US Anti-Doping Agency said Armstrong ran the most sophisticated doping program in the history of sports. He was barred for life from cycling.
View attachment 378820Lance Armstrong has told Oprah Winfrey that the loss of his personal sponsors in the wake of the USADA report cost him $75 million in future income. In the second part of the interview, much of the theme was on the cost of his years of lies and denials, be it financial or otherwise. Long-time sponsors Nike, Oakley, Trek and Anheuser-Busch all jumped ship in October last year and finally, over two separate steps he lost his association with the cancer charity he founded in 1997, Livestrong. "I've certainly lost all future income," he admitted. "You could look at the day and a half where people left. I don't like thinking about it. But that was a... I don't know. That was a $75 million day."

He's a fraud.

View attachment 378820Lance Armstrong has told Oprah Winfrey that the loss of his personal sponsors in the wake of the USADA report cost him $75 million in future income. In the second part of the interview, much of the theme was on the cost of his years of lies and denials, be it financial or otherwise. Long-time sponsors Nike, Oakley, Trek and Anheuser-Busch all jumped ship in October last year and finally, over two separate steps he lost his association with the cancer charity he founded in 1997, Livestrong. "I've certainly lost all future income," he admitted. "You could look at the day and a half where people left. I don't like thinking about it. But that was a... I don't know. That was a $75 million day."

He's a fraud.
agreed

Just curous what are your thoughts on arnold schwarsenegger, is he a fraud too? He used heaps of steroids and won the Mr Olympia 7 times
Yep Cheater as well. The runner up should have been the REAL Mr Olympia those 7 times. Won’t take away my enjoyment away from watching the first two terminator movies though,after all they are two of my favorite classics of all time.

Yep Cheater as well. The runner up should have been the REAL Mr Olympia those 7 times. Won’t take away my enjoyment away from watching the first two terminator movies though,after all they are two of my favorite classics of all time.
But the thing is, I am 100% certain all the Olympia contestants in Arnold's era doped

But the thing is, I am 100% certain all the Olympia contestants in Arnold's era doped
All except one.Lou Ferrigno didn’t.He always spokeout how much he hated Poole that got into steroids to get bigger

In watching all these old World Series games,the announcers talk about Jose canseco,Barry bonds and Roger Clemons like they are not human,well we now know WHY they did all these incredible feats back then that exceeded what most human baseball players could not do.in the as vs giants game in 89 the announcers are talking all about how they were speechless pretty much talking about how it’s impossible to do what canseco did in one of the games hit a massive home run the opposite way in the upper deck. Well now we know WHY he was able to accomplish that incredible feat.lol canseco obviously git McGuire hooked,you look at him back then and he was just a lanky dude.
before the as went to the World Series to play the reds they faced off against the Red Sox in the championship game.in one of those games Roger Clemons was pitching and the announcers were talking about how after being on the disabled list for a couple months,that it was an incredible feat that he was able to start a game late in September and pitch seven innings.they talked like it was a feat a human could do,well they can’t UNLESS of course,you load up on steroids as Clemons did.lol

then last but not least there is bonds,now he was a great hitter and eveything but no way in hell does he set the all time home run recordwithout doing raids.Babe Ruth is still the true home run king for most in a year and most all time as well.even Aaron is not the true home run king sense he had more games to play in.

the announcers for sure spoke of how bonds was nota human being in that World Series,they were talking about how their stadium is the most difficult ballpark to hit a home run in because of the wind from the ocean that comes in,then saying yet bonds despite that still is able to hit home runshere in this park even in deep center field,the deepest partof the park.they then went on to say this part of the stadium,the deepest part of theballpark,it’s pretty much impossible to hit a home rununless of course you are Barry bonds,that does not apply to him,that applies to all the other baseball players,not to bonds though.Bonds is like Superman,he is on a total differenthugher level than any other player.

well yeah that’s cause the other players didnot do roads.Bonds won’t live long,doing roids and getting a much bigger head from doing so eventually will kill him before he has the chance to become an old man.

doing roids reallyaffected his personality to,when he was with the pirates and a skinny top runt,when he hit homer us,he did not stand there at the plate and watch them.Doing those roids somehow alters how you behave obviously.

Cycling is one of the biggest "reward for cheating" sports out there. Pure cardio, pure endurance, anything you can do to stop your body from overdosing on lactic acid can turn you into a winner.

I have a feeling most of the top pro's were cheating, Armstrong's problem is he made a stink when he got caught and denied, and by the time he tried to take everyone down with him it was too late.

Forum List

Back