What Are Your Plans For Easter?

Well, what exactly (or eggxactly if you want to be Eastery lol) are you confused about? Perhaps I can help. :)
I have tried in vain to sandwich 'three days and three nights' into the story and make it come out even. Jesus was quite emphatic that he would be in the tomb/grave for three full 24 hour periods.

I have tried in vain to sandwich 'three days and three nights' into the story and make it come out even. Jesus was quite emphatic that he would be in the tomb/grave for three full 24 hour periods.

That's what I thought you were going to say as it's confusing to me too. That's why I believe that Jesus actually died on a Thursday.

That's what I thought you were going to say as it's confusing to me too. That's why I believe that Jesus actually died on a Thursday.
I have his death on Wednesday. That would make his resurrection on the Sabbath, near sundown. If he died on Thursday he wouldn't come out of the tomb until Sunday afternoon. However, he was already risen early on Sunday morning according to the story.

Last edited:
I have his death on Wednesday. That would make his resurrection on the Sabbath, near sundown. If he died on Thursday he wouldn't come out of the tomb until Sunday afternoon. However, he was already risen early on Sunday morning according to the story.

Well if He died Thursday morning and rose again Sunday morning that would be three whole days.

Plans for Easter include dinner at Mom's (as we do every year). We'll eat early; around 2:00pm. My brother and his girlfriend will be there. My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend is having dinner at her parents house in Orlando. We'll meet up at out favorite watering hole here in town this evening...

Forum List

Back