What Are Your Plans For Easter?

I'm pretty excited right now because I still dye eggs for Easter and I'll be doing that next Friday since I have plans going on the next day, then on Easter Sunday I will be having my Easter Sunday sermon (I also have the Palm Sunday one this Sunday and Good Friday's next week.) and going over to my cousin's house for Easter dinner. Oh and I will be making a peanut butter squares dessert that I got off of my E.B's Factory thread with the help of Toffeenut Baconsmuggler and who can possibly forget good old Easter candy? ;)

Praying for peace, the end of war, and death to war profiteers.

Yep, you don't want to understand because although even Christians still have questions they still understand the basic concept that it simply takes faith to believe in what you do without actually having a reason.
Faith doesnt have much to do with what i was referring to.
The messiah was supposed to be human. Humans dont come back to life. They dont turn water to wine. They arent god in the flesh.

Yes it does. To have a relationship with Jesus Christ and believe He was who He said He was takes faith.
So, in order to have a relationship with this supreme being, i must throw away logic and reasoning? Lol say that out loud to yourself.

So, in order to have a relationship with this supreme being, i must throw away logic and reasoning?

Yes.

"Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to." - Valentine Davies Miracle On 34th Street

Yes.

"Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to." - Valentine Davies Miracle On 34th Street
If I have to throw away intelligence and focus on "faith" he doesnt sound very "supreme"

Yes He did. Whether or not you want to accept it and His free gift of eternal salvation is entirely up to you. It doesn't change the fact that He still did it because He loves you.

62489454.jpg

Just because you're saved doesn't mean it gives you license to sin any more than it would give you license to drive recklessly with a driver's license. Sure we're all sinners anyways by nature, but Jesus would never say this.

So, in order to have a relationship with this supreme being, i must throw away logic and reasoning? Lol say that out loud to yourself.

Yes.

I disagree, you don't have to throw away logic and reasoning. That said, although we can know some things about God, we can't know and understand everything about God. I mean, as finite beings with limited knowledge, of course there are some things that humans are incapable of fully understanding.

I think of faith as more like trust. Once you know that God is good (which He absolutely is, and it is illogical to think otherwise, because God is the source of goodness itself, and the standard that everything else is measured against) then even if there are some things that we don't fully understand... that's where faith kicks in. We can TRUST that God is good and that as the bible says: right now we see through a glass darkly, but later we will see face to face... now we know in part; but later we will know in a more full way. (1 Cor 13:12)

I disagree, you don't have to throw away logic and reasoning. That said, although we can know some things about God, we can't know and understand everything about God. I mean, as finite beings with limited knowledge, of course there are some things that humans are incapable of fully understanding.

I think of faith as more like trust. Once you know that God is good (which He absolutely is, and it is illogical to think otherwise, because God is the source of goodness itself, and the standard that everything else is measured against) then even if there are some things that we don't fully understand... that's where faith kicks in. We can TRUST that God is good and that as the bible says: right now we see through a glass darkly, but later we will see face to face... now we know in part; but later we will know in a more full way. (1 Cor 13:12)

I see what you're saying, but if you didn't know anything about God? Would a man walking on water and raising the dead make sense to you using logic and reason?

I see what you're saying, but if you didn't know anything about God? Would a man walking on water and raising the dead make sense to you using logic and reason?

Well, as you said, Jesus was God in the flesh. So, to me it is not illogical that God Himself would have power over creation... in a way that ordinary humans don't. That is why Jesus was able to do miracles. So no, I don't see it as illogical.

ETA: I just re-read your question. If I didn't know anything about God? Well, in THAT case, I suppose it might not make sense. But I think that's a moot point. I mean, who would think that God is exactly like us? I think most people, even if they're not believers, understand that God is not just like us finite little human beings.

Last edited:
Well, as you said, Jesus was God in the flesh. So, to me it is not illogical that God Himself would have power over creation... in a way that ordinary humans don't. That is why Jesus was able to do miracles. So no, I don't see it as illogical.

Me neither but that's because we're believers and unbelievers don't see it that way.

Just because you're saved doesn't mean it gives you license to sin any more than it would give you license to drive recklessly with a driver's license. Sure we're all sinners anyways by nature, but Jesus would never say this.

1649628930109.jpeg

Forum List

Back