What are you reading?

John Adams, halfway through, amazing book.
Just got Broke today though so I am going to speed through it since it's probably stuff I already know.
First 100 pages down, basic common sense history so far.

I've been reading Lee Child's Jack Reacher series lately...

Man, I'd vote for a Mitch Rapp / Jack Reacher ticket any day...:lol:

Have you picked up the new Mitch Rapp novel yet? Flynn is taking us back to Rapp's early days in the clandestine service.

I'll be picking up Where Men Find Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman in the next week or so. It looks good.

Have you picked up the new Mitch Rapp novel yet? Flynn is taking us back to Rapp's early days in the clandestine service.

I'll be picking up Where Men Find Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman in the next week or so. It looks good.

I have all the Rapp series in hardcover...:)

Have you tried Daniel Silva's books? His Gabriel Allon series is very good stuff.

Cosmos by Carl Sagan & Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. Both excellent reads thus far.

Have you tried Daniel Silva's books? His Gabriel Allon series is very good stuff.

I think I read one that I grabbed from the library... I did like it, so I'll have to look at the series more...

Fiction - rereading Moonfall by Jack McDevitt. Excellent Sci-fi author up to Polaris. After Bush was re-elected, he had a left wing loon meltdown.
Here is an online excerpt for Sci-fi lovers:

Nonfiction - Inside War (The Guerrilla Conflict in Missouri During the American Civil War) by Professor Michael Fellman.

Link to this book on Amazon (as if anyone here but me is interested in reading it :D):
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Inside-War-Guerrilla-Conflict-Missouri/dp/0195064712[/ame]​

Last edited:
John Adams, halfway through, amazing book.
Just got Broke today though so I am going to speed through it since it's probably stuff I already know.
First 100 pages down, basic common sense history so far.

Yeah this is a fascinating treatment of one of the outstanding Americans of his time that makes you wonder how, from such a relatively (compared to today) small colonial population, were so many great characters produced without a public school system?

Ironically, Adams was one of the few of his day to be a proponent of public education.

.[/COLOR]
Nonfiction - Inside War (The Guerrilla Conflict in Missouri During the American Civil War) by Professor Michael Fellman.

Link to this book on Amazon (as if anyone here but me is interested in reading it :D):

This part of the Civil War is horrific reading in its detail: Something any American who feels any superiority over terroristic activities in A-stan should read.

I don't get the chance to read many novels, I started one Friday and finished it yesterday afternoon, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Help-Kathryn-Stockett/dp/0399155341"]The Help[/ame]

2s5zk3r.jpg

From the Amazon link:

From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. What perfect timing for this optimistic, uplifting debut novel (and maiden publication of Amy Einhorn's new imprint) set during the nascent civil rights movement in Jackson, Miss., where black women were trusted to raise white children but not to polish the household silver. Eugenia Skeeter Phelan is just home from college in 1962, and, anxious to become a writer, is advised to hone her chops by writing about what disturbs you. The budding social activist begins to collect the stories of the black women on whom the country club sets relies and mistrusts enlisting the help of Aibileen, a maid who's raised 17 children, and Aibileen's best friend Minny, who's found herself unemployed more than a few times after mouthing off to her white employers. The book Skeeter puts together based on their stories is scathing and shocking, bringing pride and hope to the black community, while giving Skeeter the courage to break down her personal boundaries and pursue her dreams. Assured and layered, full of heart and history, this one has bestseller written all over it. (Feb.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

It was so good! May be more of a 'chick' book, though deals in a novel way with the Civil Rights era, from a Southern perspective.

Last edited:
Third Book of the Fire and Ice series by George R R Martin. only 4 of the 7 books have been released so far and HBO is working on a mini series. Great read.....

The Eastern Front by Eric Flint, part of his 1632 series, plus The First 280 er 20 Years of Monty Python.

The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G Wells and Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA by Tim Weiner.

Finished Cosmos and Guns, Germs, and Steel recently. Both excellent reads and recommended.

Forum List

Back