What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Alan Vega died on Saturday July 16th 2016, RIP Alan Vega.

I only heard that he'd died when my former Sub-Editor sent me a text message that I hadn't read until about half an hour ago :eusa_doh:

Alan Vega - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At random I decided to choose "Ghost Rider" from Suicide's debut album, also titled "Suicide" and released in 1977 on Red Star Records. There are much better Suicide songs, I might post another later, but for now and in memory of Alan Vega I'm posting "Ghost Rider"

Red Star Records was founded in 1977 by Marty Thau, who from 1972 until 1975 was the manager of The New York Dolls.

Been invited to do a series of shows lasting through September. I will do one and see how I feel then agree to do the others.

I think I will start with a 60's theme

TOMMY JAMES & THE SHONDELLS-"I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW"

Love this group....The Black Lilies....The Fall

I am but a dreamer and I’ve seen you in between
The shadows and the sunshine falling down on me

Forum List

Back