What are you listening to?

47 years ago from one of the really great hard rock bands with maybe the most amusing drummer in history. the live at leeds and Hull records are considered among the finest live recordings ever. just listen to Moon's drumming the first time through

Giraffes? Giraffes!: "I Am SH(im)e[r] As You Am SH(im)e[r] As You Are Me And We Am I And I Are All Together"

Your basic "math rock" from Massachusetts, with a cameo by Alan Watts.....

Ornette Coleman "Chronology" from the album "The Shape of Jazz To Come" released in 1959 on Atlantic Records.

Some excellent Cornet from Don Cherry on this.

What have you been listening to Pogo ? For the past week I exclusively been listening to Ornette Coleman, Charles Mingus, Cecil Taylor, Albert Ayler and more Sandy Denny Demos.

Sandy Denny "The Pond and The Stream" from "I've Always Kept A Unicorn - The Acoustic Sandy Denny" released in 2016 on 180gram 2 X LP on Island Records. This demo was recorded in February 1970 at the Sound Techniques Studios, London, England.

Lucy, those poignant Miles Davis classics have stood the test of time.

Miles Davis was actually a genius, "Kind Of Blue" is possibly the greatest Modal Jazz album ever recorded, also "Sketches of Spain" is a masterpiece.

Miles Davis was actually a genius, "Kind Of Blue" is possibly the greatest Modal Jazz album ever recorded, also "Sketches of Spain" is a masterpiece.

Yes,lovely.

I sit here in Central Europe, on dark winter nights, drinking red wine, listening to Jazz Fm. Some great tracks.

Yes,lovely.

I sit here in Central Europe, on dark winter nights, drinking red wine, listening to Jazz Fm. Some great tracks.

I was supposed to be going out this morning, it's so cold though I think I stay in and have a quadruple Espresso and listen to "Sketches of Spain" and then listen to Sun Ra and His Solar Arkestra "Other Planes of There" released in 1966 on Saturn Records.

Kid A aged four years of age is getting to like this stuff, I gave him a crash course early on when he was two years of age when I made him sit through Archie Shepp's "The Magic of Ju-Ju" released in 1967 on Impulse! Records and Roscoe Mitchell's "Sound" released in 1966 on Delmark Records.

Pogo likes Jazz but I know he cannot handle my obsession with Free Jazz.

I hate Swing Jazz and I also hate New Orleans Dixieland Jazz, I would prefer as a choice to have a nine inch nail hammered into my forehead than have to listen to Swing Jazz or New Orleans Jazz.

Forum List

Back