What are the underlying principles of Modern liberalism?

You think I'm Liberal? More like a right/moderate Social Democrat
I don't know what you are, I haven't known you long enough. I took you to be saying you were a classic liberal not a Democrat. You like to keep telling me I think I know what you are when actually I don't and I haven't really thought about it, I react to what you post. I don't particularly think what that "makes' you. Being self absorbed, you think anything that's said about you is far more important then it it.

Mostly your posts are pompous and smug. You object to labeling while you play endless games with labels. Whatever anyone says is wrong even if they say what you just did. You have a sense of humor, but it's only humorous if you come down from the mountain and confirm it's humor, otherwise it's in poor taste. You are the self declared standard.

Says the person turning to personal attacks and insults instead of engaging in meaningful discourse...
Actually if you read my posts I've written a lot more content then most people do. But I also like to have fun and when content isn't there I do that. But if I have a choice of content and fun I pick content. You are remarkably unobservant. But if you were, you'd notice I am not a box of chocolates, I'm a mirror. If you're getting insults...

By the way..Liberals welcome different viewpoints. Liberals see that the Conservatives have a valid argument most the time..and we really take them seriously and incorporate them into our way of doing things.

The opposite, however, isn't done.
I see, it's just the phrasing. People misunderstand cries like "blood for oil" and calling Republicans "fascist" and me a Republican even when I'm pointing out I oppose not only the wars but our military's presence in the middle east, I'm pro-choice and think all drugs and prostitution should be legal for intolerance. I see your point, it was a silly mistake for us all to have made...
legal for intolerance?

clarify
Those words were related to different points, not the same one. I'm saying "we" non-liberals mistake the list of intolerant statements as intolerance.

1. We believe in equal opportunity.
Which is why you support race-based hiring preferences.

2. We believe that just because you're poor, doesn't mean you don't work hard.
So does everyone else.

3. We believe you have the right as a group to negiotiate your own wage and benefits.
You also believe that the government should render you immune to the pressures of the global labor market.

4. We believe that the rich don't do whats best for the country as a whole and feel that leaving them unregulated will lead them to screw the American People.
And so, you take it upon yourselves to screw the Americna people thru the power of government - just in a manner that you approve.

5. We believe that all people are created equal and should not have their government treat them differently (Jim Crow laws, Gay Marriage bans).
See: 1

6. We believe that a progressive tax system is the best system because people who have the means to pay for roads, teachers, police and fire departments but all should have access to these services
Thanks, Karl.

7. We believe that finding alternative energy sources is the only way to free ourselves from oil. BTW,
So does everyone else.
Difference is, you want the government to force this change upon others, whereas the adults among us recongize that when the market demands said change, said change will happen on its own.

8. We believe that if you fall down, you should have the resources available to you to get back up.
What you REALLY mean to say here is that you believe that certain people should be forced by the government to provide these 'resources' to others

9. We believe that all people should have access to healthcare, to live a full life.
Everyone already has access to health care.
What you REALLY mean to say here is that you believe that certain people should lbe forced by the government to provide health care to others.

10. We believe that America is a great place but its not infalliable, it has flaws. Just because we see flaws doesn't mean this isn't a great country. Its better than most but doesn't mean it does everything great.
So does everyone else.

11. We believe that people should have clean water, eat food that won't make them sick, and have the ability to see the great wilderness of our country.
So does everyone else.

Thats what I believe.
Thank you for proving my point - though, if you'll notice, it took me all of 2 lines to make it.

Last edited:

Power to the people.

If that is the case, why do so many liberal policies empower government at the expense of empowered people?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/19-facts-you-need-to-know-about-guns
And, why then do liberals continue to seek ways to make it harder for the law-abiding to get guns?
A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used in an unintentional shooting, a criminal assault or homicide, or an attempted or completed suicide than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.
"Liberals" are just trying to protect "gun owners" from themselves

PLUS

the 21 other people who might get killed or injured!

Last edited:
If that is the case, why do so many liberal policies empower government at the expense of empowered people?

19 Facts You Need to Know About Guns
And, why then do liberals continue to seek ways to make it harder for the law-abiding to get guns?
A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used in an unintentional shooting, a criminal assault or homicide, or an attempted or completed suicide than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.
"Liberals" are just trying to protect "gun owners" from themselves PLUS the 21 other people
who might get killed or injured!
I'm -sure- that's what the useful idiots tell themselves.

Forum List

Back