What are some of your favorite debut albums, all-time?

Thanks, Frank. I'll check out the one by Savoy Brown, I'm not too familiar with their work.
Yeah, Savoy Brown was such a great but unheralded band, great for late night munchies time while getting lost in the music...should give all their albums a listen as they were all great.

Didn't a couple guys from the original Savoy Brown leave and form the group Foghat? I THINK that's where I've heard their name before.
Ya know, I almost posted that I think some of them created BTO but wasn't sure of that so I left it out and now that you say foghat I think that may be right [I'm just too lazy to look it up]
Thanks, Frank. I checked, a couple of guys from Savoy Brown DID leave and formed Foghat. Kim Simmonds and "Lonesome" Dave Preveret. I'll check again on that.

Thanks, Frank. I'll check out the one by Savoy Brown, I'm not too familiar with their work.
Yeah, Savoy Brown was such a great but unheralded band, great for late night munchies time while getting lost in the music...should give all their albums a listen as they were all great.

Didn't a couple guys from the original Savoy Brown leave and form the group Foghat? I THINK that's where I've heard their name before.
Ya know, I almost posted that I think some of them created BTO but wasn't sure of that so I left it out and now that you say foghat I think that may be right [I'm just too lazy to look it up]
Thanks, Frank. I checked, a couple of guys from Savoy Brown DID leave and formed Foghat. Kim Simmonds and "Lonesome" Dave Preveret. I'll check again on that.
kim simmonds never was in foghat.....Savoy Brown was his band....

Candlebox, Blind Melon, Led Zeppelin-1, SRV- Texas flood, Spin Doctors- Pocket full of kryptonite, Rage against the machine. Just a few off the top of my head.

Actually THREE former members of Savoy Brown left to form Fogat. "Lonesome" Dave Peveret (not Preveret), Simmonds did NOT leave the band, and Tony Evans and Roger Earl were the other two that left Savoy Brown. I was WAY off on this one!

Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan 1st Lp Cbs Made In Uk Stereo Free Shipping Vpi Cleaned

kim simmonds never was in foghat.....Savoy Brown was his band....
Thanks, I just addressed that in post #28.

Candlebox, Blind Melon, Led Zeppelin-1, SRV- Texas flood, Spin Doctors- Pocket full of kryptonite, Rage against the machine. Just a few off the top of my head.
Thanks, some great ones there, occupied! I can't believe I forgot Stevie Ray Vaughan's debut! It's my favorite by him and Double Trouble, and I think it's one of THE best blues/rock albums ever. And certainly THE best modern blues (I consider releases AFTER the 1960's to be this) album I've heard.

Forum List

Back