What are some of your favorite debut albums, all-time?

freak-out.jpg

Thanks. You and CrusaderFrank, see post #42, appear to think a lot alike! It's one of my favorites by Frank and his band of insane musicians.
I am a huge Zappa fan. Got to see him live once and might have dropped some acid at the time.
Was a hell of a show. Even did the Panty Rap. Lol.

Fleetwood Mac-Fleetwood Mac, 1968 was the year.

Thanks for the post. I love the early, bluesy Fleetwood Mac. I DO like some of their later stuff, especially Rumours and Tusk, but their earliest stuff is my favorite music by them. I especially like their third album, Then Play On, I believe it was the last one with Peter Green.

Can't believe heavy metal fans that no one has mentioned the heavy metal debut album that literally BEGAN the age of heavy metal, and still one of the best IMO today:

OMG! The first time I heard this the hair on my neck stood up

Frank, it still gives my arms goosebumps. You should hear it on an eleven speaker, 3,000 watt sound system that goes FLAT down to 15 cycles! :D It puts Ozzy about 10 feet in front of me.

Better than live.

Can't believe heavy metal fans that no one has mentioned the heavy metal debut album that literally BEGAN the age of heavy metal, and still one of the best IMO today:

OMG! The first time I heard this the hair on my neck stood up

Frank, it still gives my arms goosebumps. You should hear it on an eleven speaker, 3,000 watt sound system that goes FLAT down to 15 cycles! :D It puts Ozzy about 10 feet in front of me.

Better than live.

Dan, is that you?

I'm glad they did remakes actually.. ;)

OK.

Robert Plant was not only the greatest male vocalist, he was - and is - a gifted composer and lyricist.

He remains genuine, humble and completely underrated

Yep. I've liked Led Zeppelin from the first time I heard them in the early 1970's, most likely when "Black Dog" was actually played on AM top 40 radio out of Chicago. I listened to ONLY WLS out of Chicago from about 1971-1976/77. I was really only familiar with top 40 singles then. I visited a friend of mine at his family's house one time, in either late 1976 or early '77. He had Led Zeppelin IV, we listened to the whole thing. I was blown away, of course. It was the first time I'd ever heard an album of theirs in its entirety. At the age of 15/16, I was smitten with the sound of the group! I now own pretty much all of their studio albums on CD, with the exception of In Through The Out Door, NOT my favorite work by them. But I DO own the vinyl version. Robert Plant's solo career has been pretty darn good. I saw him on tour in 1986, I believe, and he and his band were fantastic. I also purchased his solo album/CD Carry Fire, which I believe he released in late 2017. It's fantastic, and MAY be my favorite solo album by him. His early to mid 1990's release Fate Of Nations comes close.

Forum List

Back