What are libertarians?

Kaz, face it, you are a...

• ...conservative because only money matters and your fiscallly conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...liberal, you're against morality laws and for smaller, defense only military

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you believe the FDA should be abolished, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe the FAA should not exist, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe crack cocaine should be legal, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe the US military should be shrunk down to the size of a cub scout troop, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all roads should be privatized, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all federal safety regulations should be abolished, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all child labor laws should be repealed, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all insider trading and financial fraud regulations should be abrogated, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe human beings will be on their best behavior if there are no rules and regulations, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe "I got mine, screw everyone else", you might be a libertarian

Strawman

1. A libertarian is someone who believes that the remedy to bad government is not good government, but less government.

True and false. There is no such thing as "good government" so less government is good government.

2. A libertarian is someone who refuses to believe that market failure can exist.

False. Market failures exist all the time. We think the market corrects failures by rewarding those who didn't fail at the expense of those who did fail. The reverse of what government does.

3. A libertarian is someone who sees rights as abstract things rather than tangible results of public policy and administration.

LOL, we get rights from government. That's so naive it's adorable.

I'm a libertarian as well. A libertarian believes in liberty and freedom. We don't simply follow the constitution, we follow the intent of the framers of the constitution. Limited government. Not no government.

So, you follow something that doesn't exist!!! "Intent of the framers of the constitution" implies they were all of the same intent. Human nature alone should tell that that's false. Get any two people together and you're often going to end up with three opinions.

By the intent of the framers, he's referring to what the Constitution says, not the individual views of everyone who wrote it. Though they would all crap in their pants over what you want.

If it's as simple as that, there would be no need to divine "intent" or a Supreme Court. My problem with libertarians on this point is they seem to be saying "we'll tell you what the intent is". Well, I'm relatively certain that WASN'T the intent of 99.9% of the framers.

I'm a libertarian as well. A libertarian believes in liberty and freedom. We don't simply follow the constitution, we follow the intent of the framers of the constitution. Limited government. Not no government.

So, you follow something that doesn't exist!!! "Intent of the framers of the constitution" implies they were all of the same intent. Human nature alone should tell that that's false. Get any two people together and you're often going to end up with three opinions.

By the intent of the framers, he's referring to what the Constitution says, not the individual views of everyone who wrote it. Though they would all crap in their pants over what you want.

If it's as simple as that, there would be no need to divine "intent" or a Supreme Court. My problem with libertarians on this point is they seem to be saying "we'll tell you what the intent is". Well, I'm relatively certain that WASN'T the intent of 99.9% of the framers.

That's just incoherent babbling. The Constitution lays out the enumerated powers of the Federal government. And then says they cannot do anything that is not enumerated. They believed that 90% of government should be local. That's where we work out the rest. No idea what you are talking about or who you were quoting with the word, "intent."

If you believe the US military should be shrunk down to the size of a cub scout troop, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all federal safety regulations should be abolished, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all child labor laws should be repealed, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all insider trading and financial fraud regulations should be abrogated, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe human beings will be on their best behavior if there are no rules and regulations, you might be a libertarian.

Strawman

Selfishness is the very essence of Libertarianism

The belief that they exist solely as an individual without needing a society is what makes Libertarianism unworkable

So you think we're anarchists, why didn't you vote that?
Not all libertarians are anarchists, but quite a few are.

Shits storm of Hypocrisy ..............

By definition, you do your thing, as long as I approve and I will do my thing regardless of what you say!!

Strawman.

Libertarian view is you have the right to do what you want as long as you don't infringe on my right to do the same.

So you folks will lay off our guns??
NO, I did not think so .......... shit storm of hypocrisy!!

Strawman

The belief that they exist solely as an individual without needing a society is what makes Libertarianism unworkable

You advocate government plunder other people's money and give it to you and you call us selfish? LOL, mirror.

We advocate private charity. Your view that only government confiscation and redistribution is "charity" is just idiotic.

Try reading my original post and the poll since I specifically addressed that.

I always enjoy posts from people who didn't read the thread subject and then insist on demonstrating that. Thanks!

Shits storm of Hypocrisy ..............

By definition, you do your thing, as long as I approve and I will do my thing regardless of what you say!!

Strawman.

Libertarian view is you have the right to do what you want as long as you don't infringe on my right to do the same.

So you folks will lay off our guns??
NO, I did not think so .......... shit storm of hypocrisy!!

Um...libertarians are completely for the 2nd amendment right to bear arms, you seem to be very confused.

That's just incoherent babbling. The Constitution lays out the enumerated powers of the Federal government. And then says they cannot do anything that is not enumerated. They believed that 90% of government should be local. That's where we work out the rest. No idea what you are talking about or who you were quoting with the word, "intent."

I was talking about you. You're trying to tell us what the "intent" was Justice ???.

I was talking about you. You're trying to tell us what the "intent" was Justice ???.

Um...you have to show me the quote I said that

Strawman

You advocate government plunder other people's money and give it to you and you call us selfish? LOL, mirror.

We advocate private charity. Your view that only government confiscation and redistribution is "charity" is just idiotic.

Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

I always enjoy posts from people who didn't read the thread subject and then insist on demonstrating that. Thanks!
You are the one who created the straw man fallacy by claiming I think all libertarians are anarchists, and now you are butt hurt that I reject your straw man? BWA-HA-HA-HA!

I always enjoy posts from people who didn't read my posts and then insist on demonstrating that.

My posts have been quite accurate. I have given specific beliefs of libertarians. Legalized crack cocaine, no FAA, no FDA, no child labor laws, etc.

Rather than make the stupid mistake of trying to define "libertarian" with other words which will also require definitions ("anarchists", "liberals", "conservatives", etc), it is better to define libertarians by their beliefs which separate them from everyone else, which is what I have done.

Then you came along and invented a story that I believe libertarians are anarchists!!!

33e6gld.jpg

Last edited:
Um...libertarians are completely for the 2nd amendment right to bear arms, you seem to be very confused.

You folks are in allegiance with demo's / prog's you all chant the same party lines..............

So I own a cake baking business but I refuse to serve gay's .....................
You folks want to force me by threat of jail or fine when I don't want to .......................
When I make you take me to court your liberal judge orders me to take sensitivity training .................

Yes, ya;ll all follow that bull shit you laid out right??

Strawman

Like many libertarians, you have an unrealistic view on the role of government. Your view of government and freedom is fueled by emotion rather than critical thinking. The fact that you do not see the danger of private industry controlling our healthcare system and other essential services is kind of scary. The fact that you do not understand the importance of regulation and taxation is bewildering.

Just because a very limited government sounds good on paper, it doesn't mean it is what this country needs.

You are the one who created the straw man fallacy by claiming I think all libertarians are anarchists, and now you are butt hurt that I reject your straw man? BWA-HA-HA-HA!

I always enjoy posts from people who didn't read my posts and then insist on demonstrating that.

My posts have been quite accurate. I have given specific beliefs of libertarians. Legalized crack cocaine, no FAA, no FDA, no child labor laws, etc.

Rather than make the stupid mistake of trying to define "libertarian" with other words which will also require definitions ("anarchists", "liberals", "conservatives", etc), it is better to define libertarians by their beliefs, which is what I have done.

Then you came along and invented a story that I believe libertarians are anarchists!!!

Apparently you straw manned yourself when you said things anarchists think and small government libertarians don't.

You folks are in allegiance with demo's / prog's you all chant the same party lines..............

So I own a cake baking business but I refuse to serve gay's .....................
You folks want to force me by threat of jail or fine when I don't want to .......................
When I make you take me to court your liberal judge orders me to take sensitivity training .................

You are very confused. Re-read the thread title, I said "libertarians" not "liberals."

--- don't know what that means

--- wrong, libertarians completely oppose government forcing businesses to serve anyone.

--- wrong, you don't know what you are talking about. We are against gun laws and we are against government forcing businesses to serve anyone. Where do you get this crap?

No true Scotsman time.
Strawman time

And we don't like it when you create them.

Playground! Nice retort.

BTW, you may want to Google what a true scotsman fallacy is since you obviously have no idea. It didn't even make sense.

I do know. I also know that it's quite a farce as you try to pretend that you are a representation of all Libertarians.

You can blah, blah, blah your beliefs away but that doesn't really cover it all. Does it?

For instance, some civil libertarians believe in a safety net.

Some libertarians are right wing. Some are allegedly left wing. Some wear whatever disco outfit is available.

When Libertarians can get their...........what is it? Five percent of the vote then they can steal public money, too. Won't that be grand? Then they won't look like dogs latched on to the legs of any party that will have them.

Forum List

Back