What are libertarians?

Kaz, face it, you are a...

• ...conservative because only money matters and your fiscallly conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...liberal, you're against morality laws and for smaller, defense only military

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm a libertarian as well. A libertarian believes in liberty and freedom. We don't simply follow the constitution, we follow the intent of the framers of the constitution. Limited government. Not no government.

If you believe the FDA should be abolished, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe the FAA should not exist, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe crack cocaine should be legal, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe the US military should be shrunk down to the size of a cub scout troop, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all roads should be privatized, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all federal safety regulations should be abolished, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all child labor laws should be repealed, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all insider trading and financial fraud regulations should be abrogated, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe human beings will be on their best behavior if there are no rules and regulations, you might be a libertarian.

Last edited:
I'm a libertarian as well. A libertarian believes in liberty and freedom. We don't simply follow the constitution, we follow the intent of the framers of the constitution. Limited government. Not no government.

So, you follow something that doesn't exist!!! "Intent of the framers of the constitution" implies they were all of the same intent. Human nature alone should tell that that's false. Get any two people together and you're often going to end up with three opinions.

Yeah, this weak minded explanation of Libertarians as "following the Constitution as it was intended" bullshit doesn't fly. Give some specifics. What makes a libertarian stand out from the crowd (see post #7)? They act as if they are the only ones who know and love the Constitution.

A Gadsden flag, a one-tenth ownership of a bit coin, a five gallon bucket of hoarded ammo, and some weed do not a libertarian make.

Is that intent explicit or implicit and if implicit, what exactly implies it??
In other words, you want to interpret the Constitution to suit you or a group with which you ally .................
What if we choose to interpret it differently??

Well why align with the Democratic party, they just can not get enough government since Obummbler has been in office???

Yet, thick as thieves with the Democrats / Progressives ............ shit storms of hypocrisy!!

If you believe the US military should be shrunk down to the size of a cub scout troop, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all federal safety regulations should be abolished, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all child labor laws should be repealed, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe all insider trading and financial fraud regulations should be abrogated, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe human beings will be on their best behavior if there are no rules and regulations, you might be a libertarian.

If you believe "I got mine, screw everyone else", you might be a libertarian

1. A libertarian is someone who believes that the remedy to bad government is not good government, but less government.

2. A libertarian is someone who refuses to believe that market failure can exist.

3. A libertarian is someone who sees rights as abstract things rather than tangible results of public policy and administration.

So you think we're anarchists, why didn't you vote that?

Libertarians are right-wing hippies.

So we're Republicans who smoke pot. Actually, I haven't smoked pot in over 30 years, so why am I still a libertarian?

And that's the only difference you know between us and Republicans? Pot? You do know almost nothing about everything.

So, you follow something that doesn't exist!!! "Intent of the framers of the constitution" implies they were all of the same intent. Human nature alone should tell that that's false. Get any two people together and you're often going to end up with three opinions.

By the intent of the framers, he's referring to what the Constitution says, not the individual views of everyone who wrote it. Though they would all crap in their pants over what you want.

Shits storm of Hypocrisy ..............

By definition, you do your thing, as long as I approve and I will do my thing regardless of what you say!!

Strawman.

Libertarian view is you have the right to do what you want as long as you don't infringe on my right to do the same.

Forum List

Back