What Americans think of the healthcare bill

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Four in 10 Americans Believe Healthcare Law Goes Too Far

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans are most likely to say the healthcare law passed earlier this year goes too far (42%), while 29% say it does not go far enough and 20% say it is about right. Those who believe the law goes too far tend to favor repealing it and passing a new bill as opposed to scaling back the existing bill or repealing the law and not passing new legislation in its place.

49% think its about right or does not go far enough.

Last edited:
  • Banned
while 29% say it does not go far enough and 20% say it is about right.

its adds up fine cali

Dear fucking idiot,

those number combine with perfect sense.

You are merely a fucking partisan hack.

Now realise you are NOT in the majority on this issue.

Oh, I was in the 42% from the get-go. Hell, I'd like to see Obama "repealed."

In what way does the link you posted relate to me? I went through the thing twice and could not find the connection.

This poll does not say 42 % want it appealed you brick brained partisan

Implications

If the new Republican House majority attempts to repeal the healthcare law, it will be following the wishes of the party's supporters. However, it is not clear whether the wider public would prefer that course of action. Americans in general do not seem to be overly satisfied with the healthcare overhaul, but the appetite for repealing it may not be as big as the midterm election results might suggest, given that less than a majority of Americans believe the legislation goes too far. Further, even most who think the bill goes too far still believe some new healthcare legislation should be passed in its place.

Odds of a repeal effort's succeeding in the next Congress are low, but the Republicans may decide not to fund key provisions of the bill to delay its implementation.

Because the majority wants something for nothing?

What is it with you? Why do you hate Americans so freakin much. Most (not all) people I've come across work pretty damned hard for what they got. What they don't want is insurance companies telling them they don't have insurance if and when they get sick. And the health care package isn't something for nothing either. You have to pay for it.

Got that?

They seem to always forget how the HC cos have treated Americans for at least a decade

46% of independents think its about right or does not go far enough.

You can't be for it if you are against it...."while 29% say it does not go far enough"....

29% don't like it because it did not go far enough so you can't count that as being for it.
Unless you live in John Kerry world and like something before you don't like it.
Is this the new Obama math that they're teaching in schools these days?
You can no longer say the pledge in class or wear or have on your person an American flag but you do get taught fuzzy math.

Forum List

Back